Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally was able to finish rebuilding the calipers after they were powder coated, gonna put them on next weekend, I can't wait!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...4/IMG_0335.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by asnman View Post
      Finally was able to finish rebuilding the calipers after they were powder coated, gonna put them on next weekend, I can't wait!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...4/IMG_0335.jpg
      Damn those things look brand new with the powdercoating and rebuild. I just got in all the parts I need for the 06-current (yes the front setups for the new-gen Mazda6 are all the same as 06-08) front upgrade and sticking with Probe rears for now. I'm anxious to see your results. Did you got with Goodridge lines for the Probe or Mazda6? Does it matter?
      1994 PGT MTX-CAI/STS/Hotshot headers/Vibrant catalytic/Pacesetter-Magnaflow catback/Outlaw spacers/RR inserts/Mazda6 brake upgrade/Yonaka coilovers/AWR trailing arms/AWR rear sway bar/PRD rear STB/95-97 rear end conversion.

2006 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed 6

Comment

• I got the lines specific to my car, which is an MX6 so it shouldnt matter.

Comment

• Good to know. I bought "Probe GT" braided lines on the assumption they would be the same thread pitch as the Mazda calipers.
          1994 PGT MTX-CAI/STS/Hotshot headers/Vibrant catalytic/Pacesetter-Magnaflow catback/Outlaw spacers/RR inserts/Mazda6 brake upgrade/Yonaka coilovers/AWR trailing arms/AWR rear sway bar/PRD rear STB/95-97 rear end conversion.

Comment

• Finally got my calipers all put on and damn do they look sexy! I still haven't found a solution to the rear calipers but I have an idea of cutting into the line and extending it, I need to do some research first before i do that lol.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...4/IMG_0341.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...4/IMG_0340.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e...4/IMG_0339.jpg

Comment

• I got a set of 2010 Mazda 6 calipers and they fit in the hub but i'm waiting on the rotors to see the rest of it! The rotors for this year model are the same as 2006 @11.77",
              RAYBESTOS 680404
              I will snap pics on everything on the scale for everyone to see the difference in weight between the PGT and this new stuff
              Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
              1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
              1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
              1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

• everything thats been said is the 09+ is the same brake set up as the 06+. so it should work without any issue.
                PaTricK
                ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

• Yeah I compared all the part numbers (rotors, pads, calipers) for 2010 and they were the same as the 2006-2008 ones. I got my calipers from a 2010 with 7500 miles on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedGT View Post
                    Yeah I compared all the part numbers (rotors, pads, calipers) for 2010 and they were the same as the 2006-2008 ones. I got my calipers from a 2010 with 7500 miles on them.
                    mines were at 15.6k but they came loaded with new-ish pads and the whole cool deal

Comment

• Ha I wish I got that lucky. Mine came with some of the shims and one set of almost-new pads. So I had to still buy new hardware kits and pads. What a tease!

Comment

• yea. my 06+ set up came with everything down to even the lines. but im not going to use them. im using the 03-05 set up on my 626 just so i can still run my stock 15's for winter.

if anyone is looking for a set of 06+'s, i have a set im not going to be using. calipers, brackets, lines, shims, and even has like new pads.
                        PaTricK

Comment

• I just got the rotors painted and snapped a pic of them with the already painted calipers Cant wait to swap them over!
                          BTW, the rotors weigh at 19.2lbs each and once i swap the rest i will weigh everything and come up with a total number of pounds we add in there.
                          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...f/b0cbc543.jpg

Comment

• In regards to '07 MS6 brakes, I know someone said the OEM 16's wouldn't fit over. Is it an actual diameter issue of the wheel, or is it an offset issue causing the calipers to scrape the inner-face of the wheel?
                            '93 Mazda MX-6 LS: Five AD S5F 18x8.5 +30 & P215/35R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE760's, KW Variant 3 Coilovers, Traction Bars, South Bend Stage 2 Daily Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Corksport Stainless Braided Clutch Line, '07 Mazdaspeed6 F+R Brakes, Power Slot Rotors, Hawk HPS, Goodridge SS Brake Hoses, Pacesetter Headers, Test Pipe, Borla Catback, Outlaw Spacer Kit, EGR Block-Off, PRD STS, UHMWP Shifter Bushings, Trans Saver, PRM CAI, RedLineGoods Shift Boot

Comment

• its a physical diameter issue. the MS6 rotors are over 12 inch's, and just take up alot of room.
                              PaTricK

Comment

• Does the ABS work well when the brake system is changed?

Comment

Working...
                                X