Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ND28, thanks for sharing that video. It really helps to grasp the actual size difference.

The Speed6 calipers and rotors are even bigger than the 2006+ Mazda6 ones. They're still single piston, just bigger. When I did my upgrade, I really would have preferred to do the Speed6 upgrade, but everywhere I was finding the calipers they were really expensive. Plus, I believe once you run Speed6 calipers, you can't do any 16" wheel setups because they won't fit.
    1994 PGT MTX-CAI/STS/Hotshot headers/Vibrant catalytic/Pacesetter-Magnaflow catback/Outlaw spacers/RR inserts/Mazda6 brake upgrade/Yonaka coilovers/AWR trailing arms/AWR rear sway bar/PRD rear STB/95-97 rear end conversion.

2006 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed 6

Comment

• You have to go with Protege calipers on the rear to have E B right?

Comment

• Earlier in this thread it was stated that you could probably do the mazda6 rotors and calipers on the rear with the 626 ebrake cables but still hasn't been tested as far as i know.

Comment

• Originally posted by hoogs View Post
          Earlier in this thread it was stated that you could probably do the mazda6 rotors and calipers on the rear with the 626 ebrake cables but still hasn't been tested as far as i know.
          Thank you. I have to go back an read this whole thread. I ordered all the parts I need for the front today. I just have to be sure about what I have to order for the rear

Comment

• Scott are you getting Mazda brakes for the rear as well?

Comment

• Yeah, that's my plan anyway. I want my E brake to work so I have to figure out what will work and what will not.I need to go back and reread this thread. I ordered the calipers today as well as the rotors for the front. Rotors were $13 and change my cost and the calipers were $31 and change. So for a little over $90 bucks I got everything for the front. My discount helps of course.

Comment

• Yeah fronts from a Mazda6 will work with no problem bit the rears aren't gonna work with the e brake cable. Trust me ive tried
                Last edited by Bergz0; September 3, 2013, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• T Y for the tip. There isn't anything wrong with my brakes but bigger is never a bad thing in my book. I did it to my 1981 Trans Am and all of my GTO's too. I may just end up doing the fronts on this car.

Comment

• Yeah I believe you can get brakes from a 98 millennia and still use the factory pgt e brake cables

Comment

• Ok, I'll have to go back and search threw the threads. If thats true then I can just buy the new parts at work

Comment

• Yeah man. I'm currently running ms6 fronts on my car
                        Last edited by Bergz0; September 3, 2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottD961 View Post
                          Yeah, that's my plan anyway. I want my E brake to work so I have to figure out what will work and what will not.I need to go back and reread this thread. I ordered the calipers today as well as the rotors for the front. Rotors were $13 and change my cost and the calipers were $31 and change. So for a little over $90 bucks I got everything for the front. My discount helps of course.
                          You make me so jealous with discounts like that.

Comment

• Finally back to working in the automotive field, where I belong ! If I can help you out, LMK. I'll pass the savings on to you but you would have to pay shipping so depending on what it might be the shipping would probably not save you anything

Comment

• If you want functional rear e brakes using the factory cables, then the 98+ 626 is a bolt on upgrade, and what i went with to match my Mazda6 fronts. Or the Mazdaspeed protege rear brakes will also work.

I think i came up with the 626 cables working over a year ago at this point. And sadly it still hasnt been tried. Every time i see this thread bumped, im just hoping someone has finally given it a try.
                              PaTricK
                              ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

• protege rear brakes, or 98+ 626 and 626 cables? If you are sure then I'll go ahead and order them too

Comment

Working...
                                X