Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springs

I bought another PGT this last summer and the previous owner replaced the struts with tokico illuminas. What I'm trying to figure out is if they replaced the springs also. As the car sits it has a 2 finger gap between the tire and the fender. Could the tokicos drop the car this much or could there possibly be some lowering springs on it also??? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!
    95 Probe GT KLZE,Colt Cams Tri-Flow N/A,94 XtremeThings ECU, 65mm TB,DE intake springs & retainers,CAI, Clutchmasters clutch&flywheel,Shorty headers,2.5in Borla exhaust,Phenolic spacers intake/TB, RR racing inserts,Tranny saver,PRD Rear Strut Bar,Mazda 6 Brakes,Yonaka Coilovers

I'm guessing the springs are aftermarket also, not many people opt for illuminas unless they want performance. What colour are the springs?
    My tokico suspension has around the same height, springs are red

Comment

I thought they were black but they're actually like a glossy gun metal color.

When you adjust the dampening on the struts is there suppose to be any kind of tension when you turn it cause it seems like they are too easy to turn almost as if they are broke?
      95 Probe GT KLZE,Colt Cams Tri-Flow N/A,94 XtremeThings ECU, 65mm TB,DE intake springs & retainers,CAI, Clutchmasters clutch&flywheel,Shorty headers,2.5in Borla exhaust,Phenolic spacers intake/TB, RR racing inserts,Tranny saver,PRD Rear Strut Bar,Mazda 6 Brakes,Yonaka Coilovers

Comment

Struts alone dont lower the car. Even aftermarket ones.
        PaTricK
        ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Okay thanks...I was thinking that they weren't the stock springs...I also have a some questions on adjusting the tokico struts. When I go to adjust them they feel as if they aren't connected, they just keep turning and turning like they're doing nothing. This can't be normal? Or is it?

Comment

There should be a little clicking feel/noise when you turn them, they will go all the way around tho

Comment

glossy gunmetal is Eibach pros. That's what's on my car (almost has like a metallic flake to it). Unless it's worn off, it should say Eibach springs on I think maybe the second coil from the top. My fronts also say like 49/94 or something like that.
              Last edited by Cathesdus; February 5, 2013, 07:22 AM.
              Rio Red 94' PGT MTX - >CarDomain<

Comment

It's possible I'll have to take another look...i heard Suspension Techs were the same color. With your Eibach pros does the front end sit up a tad bit higher than the rear? mine does and that's why I'm thinking they might be Suspension Techs

Comment

Working...
                X