Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropzone coil sleeves

I've been lurking for a while and decided to join the forum

I am buying Dropzone Coilover sleeves mated to tokico blue struts. I know the struts are good but what about the sleeves by dropzone? Looking for personal experience. Getting them for $200 in about a week. They have about 5k miles on them too.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: heres the post http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/pts/3656207857.html

Posted from Probetalk.com App for Android
    1993 PGT bucket, SOLD, 1995 PGT, weird no start fixed by branscoset SOLD

2002 GTI | Raceland Coilovers | Techtonic Turboback on the way!

There not bad. A little rough. Better then Ebay ones, But not as nice as the ground controls. Def worth the $200 for them and the tokico blues as long as the struts arent blown. MAKE SURE to check them before paying. If you push them down, and they dont pop back up, there a dead strut.
    PaTricK
    ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Ok cool! I was hoping they weren't Ebay quality. At andys they sell those ground controls for 400... but thats before shipping so I will have to see how these DZ's ride. Thank you for the input

Comment

The sleeve and collars are fine. Springs can be a tad stiff. You can always do as I did and purchase different springs. QA1 springs with less stiffness worked for me. They were less than $50 per spring when I got mine from Summit.
        ----------------Hollywood (one of the BOOM BOOM brotheres)-------------------
        Alumni and Former President of MSU Racing Club - www.msuracing.com
        boomermsu's Cardomain website
        ----------------PROBELESS -----------------

Comment

Originally posted by boomermsu
          The sleeve and collars are fine. Springs can be a tad stiff. You can always do as I did and purchase different springs. QA1 springs with less stiffness worked for me. They were less than $50 per spring when I got mine from Summit.
          Ok sweet. Do you know if i can just throw them in without any special tools needed?

Comment

haha i was gonna buy these and have him ship em for an extra 50 he posted it on probe facebook page
            owner of
            89 Probe GL - ran, broke down, ran, junked
            89 Probe GT - ran,broke, never got fixed junked
            89 Probe GT - the 1st probe replacement
            92 mazda 323 - current daily, klde swap coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by V3N0M951
              haha i was gonna buy these and have him ship em for an extra 50 he posted it on probe facebook page
              oh so your the other guy haha sorry man but ill let you know how they ride

Comment

I never liked the dropzone springs
                96 probe gt KLZE with a new ZE Gutted and junked
                94 probe gt sold,93 probe gt sold
                first 96 probe gt KLZE sold
                NEW 93 pgt KLZE swapped. Boosted axed and sold
                2004 srt4 on 22 psi the dd

Comment

My beater 626 is on Dropzone lowering springs, and actually rides alot better then the Dropzone coil overs i had on the probe. Im actually pretty happy with the Dropzone springs. I just wish they were a bit lower. But then that would kind of kill the point of them being on the winter beater. lol
                  PaTricK
                  ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Originally posted by MonoxideChild
                    My beater 626 is on Dropzone lowering springs, and actually rides alot better then the Dropzone coil overs i had on the probe. Im actually pretty happy with the Dropzone springs. I just wish they were a bit lower. But then that would kind of kill the point of them being on the winter beater. lol
                    Hmmm ok i will look into those if the ride isnt great

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Also if anyone is interested I will post a follow up on how they ride once they are installed.

Comment

Working...
                    X