Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PT history in the making brought to you by CZT Racing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT history in the making brought to you by CZT Racing!

After several months of discussions with Jason and Rob of CZT I decided to make the four hour trip to indianapolis, indiana to be the first Manual transmission car to have their new custom race intake. We met up in the morning after having lunch with Jason I met rob and proceeded strip my stock manifold off of my heads. After a few hours of work we had the new prototype manifold on and running. I'll admit its not perfect but it is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen for our car.

Now this is where it gets interesting. Let me start of with my mediocre list of modifications.

1994 MTX Probe GT
    110,000 miles
    Original clutch
    2.5 inch catback with remus style muffler
    Catco high-flow catalytic converter
    outlaw engineering phenolic spacers
    Hot air intake (filter on VAF)
    17 inch kosei K1s (16lbs a piece)
    Very minor weight reduction

We basline dynoed my car at 148 Hp to the wheels with that list of mods. We then proceded to undo everything mazda thought was a good idea i.e. VRIS, 11 inch runners and 60mm throttle bodies.

We installed the CZT Racing Prototype intake manifold and 67mm throttle body. Well we ran into a few issues like having to relocate the battery to the hatch Which I was going to do anyway for obvious reasons. We misplaced a few bolts here and there so it took a little longer than expected due to fighting off rain in the middle of putting everything on.

First impression wow the idle is lopy and sounds like it has a set of performance cams and this took some getting used to.

Second impression acceleration like whoa! It pulls all the way into the rev limiter!!

We Then dynoed the car again with the final result being 175 hp at the front wheels!!!! With the stock exhaust manifolds! Thats a gain of 27 HP to the wheels!!!!
    Hopefully Jason and Rob will get on here and give you guys some details because I have been completely astounded by what those two guys can do.

If anyone wants a first hand peek at the prototype I will be at the columbia mopoc meet and the interpoc meet in june!
    In our memories, he lives. Janusz we will miss you
    99 Arrest Me Red MGT

Re: PT history in the making brought to you by CZT Racing!

HOLY SHIT. that gain is amazing. now, this is what you have all been waiting for, some dyno results. i can't even imagine how this will help Ty out, OMG! good night folks, i'm glad i stayed up late
    1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
    2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
    2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Great googaly moogaly!
      My original handle was deleted which had my current email addy, and i had to use an old email to get this account some 5 years ago. If the mods could change my old email to my current email, that would be great. Thanks

Comment

Comment

nice nice.

cant wait to see some final pics, and fixing the minor issues.

Also, what are the Torque numbers like. a actual dyno plot would be great. especially compaired next to a regular 03 / ZE Manifold.

CyborgZero :: how will this Manifold perform under positive manifold pressures? im assuming GREAT, but did you do any studies / tests under boost and/or nitrous set-ups?
          '05 Toyota Echo - Stock....at the moment
          '94 Ford Probe GT - HS CAI & Headers, Fidanza 9Lb, Borla Cat-Back,STS,
          '90 Ford Mustang - Broken head mod

Comment

That is AWSOME. Deffinatly on my "to buy" list.

Won't be long before there are all-motor KL's putting out 200+whp.

Comment

There goes the resale value of ZE manifolds... down the drain... Can't wait to pick one up.

Note to self... wonder if I can pass that thing off in emissions???
              ~Jay~
              04 Mazda 6S Wagon
              1995 PGT~ZE (sold)
              1993 PGT (sold)

Comment

I will post my dyno plot as soon as I get it in the mail. They told me that they had designed it as a massive NA intake and for boost the gains will be even more insane!
                stock I had 137 ft lbs of tq and after the intake and throttle body I had 148 ft lbs at the wheels. But the amazing thing about it is that the torque comes on fast and stays there untill the rev limiter. I think if I had a chip I could have made more hp because TQ never fell off on the dyno plot but I was limeted at 7500 rpm with the stock chip. Oh and another good thing is its a nice weight reduction only 7lbs vs the stock 16
                In our memories, he lives. Janusz we will miss you
                99 Arrest Me Red MGT

Comment

I remember seeing as much as 18hp increase for a ze manifold upgrade. This is almost 10 more. I would love to see the dyno curve as well as what the ze im nets with your car.
                  Last edited by c-man; March 29, 2004, 02:28 AM.
                  2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                  2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Dyno pics please :-) lets see the torque curve. Especially any loses at low rpm and the gains at high rpm.
                    Registered since 2001, but now a new screen name says it all :-)

Comment

thats some crazy increase in power
                      Last edited by weedo; March 29, 2004, 02:33 AM.
                      93 gt
                      02 civic lx coupe

lifes a bitch, but god forbid the bitch divorce me

Comment

DAMN!!!
                        Good work
                        Time to start saving up
                        95 pgt
                        97 240sx

Comment

Thats quite impressive! I wouldnt pass inspection with it in Sweden though...

Comment

When does the final product go on sale?

New toy: '06 Mazdaspeed 6
                            Fun times: '04 CBR 600rr & '06 GSX-R750

Comment

How would it perform with a 65mm TB, stock TB?

How was power delivery compared to stock, daily driveable.... soo many questions....
                              Last edited by pgt95; March 29, 2004, 04:28 AM.
                              MazdaSPEED6

Comment

Working...
                              X