czt stage 2 valvekit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• czt stage 2 valvekit

so whats the lowdown on this kit? so its got keepers, retainers, and inner spring dampers. how do you install the inner spring dampers? i have yet to see a pgt spring, but im assuming they already have an inner damper. will you be required to get new springs? also with this whole 9k business, what else will have to be upgraded to do this reliably? basically i wanna know what the catch is if any. also, are the new cams czt is making gonna be able to make power up that high? can cams even be ground that will keep any kind of a reasonable torque curve that will make power up in the 9k range?
    Last edited by proboner; December 9, 2004, 12:46 AM.
    Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
    Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
    Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
    The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701134571
    there is some pics of my stage 3 kit. the inner dampener springs fit inside the outer spring. the outer srpings look the same as the stock springs. as for the cams I would like to know also.
    -Antonio

Comment

so it comes with inner and outer springs? basically all new springs?

Comment

With 9000 rpm cams you will have absolutely NO power under 5000rpm.
        You will also need solid lifters. The HLAs will not make it to 9000rpm.
        Registered since 2001, but now a new screen name says it all :-)

Comment

I don't know everything about the new kits as of yet, however, here's what I do know.

Stage 2 kit comes with inner damper springs, Ti Retainers and Chromoly Valve Locks. This kit does not include an outer spring, the inner dampers are designed to go inside of the stock spring.

Stage 3 kit, thanks to Antonio, is pictured in the thread he linked to. Which includes all of the above and the outer springs.

I don't have any of the hard technical information, or installation information, but I'll get Rob in here to get everone some information.

--Adam
          2004 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L V8 AT - Tuned - 3.73s - CAI

Comment

Originally posted by turbo_KL
            With 9000 rpm cams you will have absolutely NO power under 5000rpm.
            You will also need solid lifters. The HLAs will not make it to 9000rpm.

have you tested this?

also adam, can you ask rob if he know the seat pressure of just the stage 3 outer springs compared to stock seat pressure?

Comment

im sure they actually can rev to 9000, they just wont work properly, wont have time to expand when the valve closes.

Comment

[QUOTE=96PRBPWR]have you tested this?

QUOTE]

I have seen a dyno of a race car with similar cams. There is really nothing on the chart below 5000 rpm. This is why Honda started using VTEC to make cars with such extreme cams driveable for every day.
                Be aware that at this moment there are no 9000rpm cams available for our engines. Even the most extreme cams from Interprep are worth using only till 8000 rpm.
                Registered since 2001, but now a new screen name says it all :-)

Comment

so this kit is pretty much worthless without cams for 9,000 rpms? or can they still be used reliably for the Interprep cams?
                  The Teal Beast!!!

Comment

This kit is more than suitable for the Interpreps, or any other aftermarket cam for that matter. Not to mention, the Retainers and Locks are lighter compared to the stock parts

--Adam
                    2004 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L V8 AT - Tuned - 3.73s - CAI

Comment

anyone planning on making cams that will produce hp that high. im supercharging so that whole "no power under 5000" thing wont be that much of a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X