Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 95PGTTech
    hey mike -

let's say I pick up the SSR GT1 rims I want (18x8). they come in an aluminum grey finish. would it be possible to have these powdercoated chrome, and how would it hold up?

I have access to a tire mount/demount machine and balancer so I would be doing it myself, and I'm particularly concerned about one step where for a brief moment the metal demounting fork touches the rim lip. so would the powdercoating hold up or would I have to get the powdercoating with the tires already mounted as it would only last once?

Chris
    Chris,

We can do them in whatever color you desire, the powder will hold up to mounting the new tires better than the standard finish the rims come in, however u should still take caution when mounting them back on

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Baxter
      3-4 days for the end result is a small price to pay

true but it being a daily driver doesnt allow that much time for anything....

BUT ... when it goes under the knife... im sure ill be up for making it all pretty
      \m/
      [FS links are NOT ALLOWED in signatures, except for vendors!] lol.

Comment

WOPATH Enterprises has provided MBX with Valve cover cores, Ford, Mazda base and Mazda 24VDOHC cores. So the turn around time would be nil with exchange of your (or equivalent) replacements.

I've sourced KL-03 IMs with and without upper plenum embelem for cores as well.

....and I am working on providing ZE IM cores as well, but not yet.
        ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
        ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
        ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Baxter
          Chris,

We can do them in whatever color you desire, the powder will hold up to mounting the new tires better than the standard finish the rims come in, however u should still take caution when mounting them back on
          sweet. if I do pick them up I think a chrome finish would be sex.

Comment

Cheap A$$

Originally posted by Fastest95PGT
            The toughts of having my 186k mile alternator torn apart and powder coated so gave me wood... (lol, it'd probably never work again tho once put back together without it's oily goodness)

However, $50 per VC is outrageous <sp> (sorry Mike). Taping seems to be the primary concern as to how much PC should cost as we all know the powder is pennies but the labor of prepping is what costs $$. I know that the place which does my work would have done my pair for $40 (sandblasting included). I don't mean to lowball your pricing, but a VC is barely any work at all.. and the IM's simple too (even with the plastic for the VRIS plate areas on the outside as they don't melt in a PC temperature oven ). I think the most expensive parts of all my PC needs were my fuel rails.

First off, I see $150 as being a great deal. I paid $75 to have the Mazda emblem shaved off, the front valve cover sandblasted, and the the entire surface sanded down to get rid of the little pits. That included the powder coating. He's offering to do an Intake Manifold, and both Valve Covers for $150. Its a service. If you can get it done somewhere else for cheaper, go do it! Speciality items like a PROBE manifold, I guarantee someone who just powder coats anything and everything won't be as good as someone who powdercoats the same style of parts, Ford Probe, Mazda MX6. You get a professional niche to doing it. It's a service. It cost money to buy GOOD PROFESSIONAL equipment. I'm not talking the any one do it yourself kit for $60. They make better powders and better sprayers. The question is, how much to do everything in the engine area that can be done? :-) Wouldn't that be sweet! Or perhaps, purchase predone parts and charge a core fee so there is no delay between getting the parts sent, pc'd, then sent back. Possible? Anyways, I didnt think that was a bad price at all. Depends what gets done. I've seen powder coating jobs though that the coating was peeling off. I'd rather pay someone who will cover my damn valve cover if its screwed up.
            93' Probe GT KLZE ATX... Nitrous Express Wet Kit (50 shot), Eaton M90 Supercharger, TurboXS BOV, 3" Mandrel Exhaust with Magndflow Cat and Muffler. AEM FPR, Walbro 255HP Fuel Pump, Auto-Lite Gauges, 3 Gauge Pod, Custom Nitrous switch bracket, Dynotune Dual Purge Kit, Pacesetter Headers, 64mm TB, Sensei Hood, Shogun Bumper, Shogun Side Skirts, GReddy E-Manage, Supra 440cc Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Vortech 12:1 FMU.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRacer93
              You're an idiot for replying to a post that old.
              Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
              1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

Playing Catch up

Originally posted by Fastest95PGT
                You're an idiot for replying to a post that old.

Better to be late then never. Besides, people wait to here the great GTRacer speak! lol. Hail Hail, GTRacer is here! All kneel before the king.

Reason I posted anyways is because some people have to do searches for items as old members have become assholes anymore and rather then just answer someones question(s) they reply. 'DO A SEARCH' or "Why don't you search for it, it's been talked about before". I mean seriously, about every question on probetalk gets that answer now. If you have time to read the question and reply to it, how about reply with a real answer. Anyways, I just wanted to add my 2 cents to this thread so some people realize that some prices are higher for a reason. Some items are just priced high because no one else made them, like the Unorthodox underdrive pulley's. now you can get the same thing for $75 from one or 2 guys.
                93' Probe GT KLZE ATX... Nitrous Express Wet Kit (50 shot), Eaton M90 Supercharger, TurboXS BOV, 3" Mandrel Exhaust with Magndflow Cat and Muffler. AEM FPR, Walbro 255HP Fuel Pump, Auto-Lite Gauges, 3 Gauge Pod, Custom Nitrous switch bracket, Dynotune Dual Purge Kit, Pacesetter Headers, 64mm TB, Sensei Hood, Shogun Bumper, Shogun Side Skirts, GReddy E-Manage, Supra 440cc Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Vortech 12:1 FMU.

Comment

guys please take this to PM's.... we dont need to get baxter's thread closed because of arguments about PT.
                  [FS links are NOT ALLOWED in signatures, except for vendors!] lol.

Comment

Hey Mike, hard to catch you on IM these days, and when I do, I bullshit about other things and forget to ask... lol...

I am wondering on a price to get my ported IM, MAZDA VC, and Fuel Rail done for my 2.0L... I am wanting to do the IM in Silver Vein, The Fuel Rail Black, and the VC in one of your darker Reds... I have all parts ready to ship, just need a quote...

Comment

Originally posted by xtreme2
                      Hey Mike, hard to catch you on IM these days, and when I do, I bullshit about other things and forget to ask... lol...

I am wondering on a price to get my ported IM, MAZDA VC, and Fuel Rail done for my 2.0L... I am wanting to do the IM in Silver Vein, The Fuel Rail Black, and the VC in one of your darker Reds... I have all parts ready to ship, just need a quote...

PM'd

Comment

How much would it be to get these items PC'd?

Rear VC - Silver Vein w/ Clear
                        IM & TB - Satin or Low Gloss Black w/ clear. I'm undecided at the moment I want something to match the "bling" of the VC w/ clear. I bought a front shaved front VC from you a while back and I'm just trying to get it to match w/ the shine and reflectivity of it. It was 2 years ago maybe... I don't remember the exact details but it wasn't one I sent you, it was one you had laying around... I can take a picture.
                        Fuel Rail - Chrome

Blah blah minus my indecision about the IM, can you give me a quote and then I decide on which type to go with.
                        '93 Rio Red PGT - Dead and in the garage
                        '93 Silver PGT - Temperamental and heavily modified
                        '07 Black A4 - A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Comment

is the $150 for both vc's and mani still honered for the 2.5? If so I'm on my way to ups

1994 Ford Probe Gt
                          Ze. Kitted. Lowered. Turbo'ed. MSv3. Czt Tranny. Lsd. Shiny
                          2008 BMW 335I 2JZ German style looks stock but not
                          1995 Nissan 300zx With a fan symbol instead of a oil symbol

Comment

Working...
                          X