PMO slimeline fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rayman
    not really, if u can find room to mount it on the front....
    This guy seems to have them mounted on the front:
    http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701117945

I just don't know if there are any pros or cons of mounting them on the front or the back, or whether that's just a preference or clearing space.

New toy: '06 Mazdaspeed 6
    Fun times: '04 CBR 600rr & '06 GSX-R750

Comment

if you have the a/c removed put them up front! I just removed my a/c and if their is room for these up front imagine all the room i will have for the turbo now!

Just make sure you got the wired right so they flow with the airflow or when they come on on the highway the opposite way it wont be pretty lol....

edit::

seen this on their site

12" Fan Specs

CFM Pull 1200-1450

CFM Push 1350-1550

Dimensions 11-3/4² x 12-1/2² x 2-1/2²

Amps (push or pull) 5.5 +-0.5 AMP

Volts 12

so they actually will work better if they are mounted up front, sweet!
      Last edited by Custom GT; August 26, 2004, 12:41 PM.
      ...Matthew Lemens ©..........www.lemens-ts.com................
      1993 Probe GT - 19's/BagStrutted/Kitted/Shaved/Molded

Comment

ok i guess the fans do fit in front easily
        Attached Files

Comment

ok just paid for mine... let me know when they get shipped out.

-Jon
          95 pgt
          97 240sx

Comment

Originally posted by LiVinG LeGenD
            ok just paid for mine... let me know when they get shipped out.

-Jon
            i bought mine like 3 hours ago

so

haha, we are pimps

p.s. - If u get yours first and install it on the front side, tell me what wires u spliced into please!
            Last edited by Custom GT; August 27, 2004, 05:21 PM.

Comment

yeah I guess we are pimps!!!! heh heh.... sure Ill let you know though....
              95 pgt
              97 240sx

Comment

They'll ship Monday..thanks guy's

Comment

Originally posted by lilred
                  They'll ship Monday..thanks guy's
                  They were shipped Monday and I've sent delivery confirmation #s.

Comment

yep got the comfirmation #

i'll be sending a pic of my car to you shortly

Comment

got the fans, they look good

Just wanted to post this.
                      Each fan has a black and a blue wire.
                      If you want the fan to push air, put 12v to the black wire, ground to the blue wire.
                      If you want the fan to pull air, put 12v to the blue wire, ground to the black wire.

(THIS WRITEUP FOR THE FANS TO BE PUSHING AIR IN FRONT OF THE RADIATOR WITH A/C REMOVED. AND I CUT BOTH MALE AND FEMALE FAN CONNECTORS OFF WITH THE STOCK FANS, IM WORKING WITH THE WIRES OFF THE HARNESS THAT GOES TO THE CAR. CAR IS 1993 Probe GT WITH REMOVED A/C)

Attach both PMO Fans to the front of the radiator using larger then normal zipties so they do not get hot and crack. I found some large white ones in my tool box.

Both the PMO fans need to be wired together (blue to blue, black to black) because you are not gonna use the a/c wire harness (unless you got a/c, if you do take it out )

You need the driver side harness. Attach the blue wires from the PMO fans to the black wire off of the factory harness.
                      Take the black wires off the PMO fans and the other 2 wires from the wire harness (brown/yellow and brown/orange) and put them all together (4wires total)
                      (NOTE::The 2 wires off the stock harness that go to the PMO Fans black wires are to turn the fans on when it reaches operating temperature, and the other wire is for diagnosis and if your ect sensors fail...thats why they both have to hook up to the PMO Fans black wire)

Now pull the ect sensors plugs off and start the car, the fans should be on if you did it correctly. Now put the plugs back on and let the car get hot enough for the fans to turn on, you may want to drive the car to get it really hot.

Todd you can put this write-up on your site if you want, dont matter to me....it would have saved me ALOT of time if I would have had it....could even send it with the fans when you mail them to people
                      Last edited by Custom GT; September 5, 2004, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Custom GT
                        got the fans, they look good

Just wanted to post this.
                        Each fan has a black and a blue wire.
                        If you want the fan to push air, put 12v to the black wire, ground to the blue wire.
                        If you want the fan to pull air, put 12v to the blue wire, ground to the black wire.

(THIS WRITEUP FOR THE FANS TO BE PUSHING AIR IN FRONT OF THE RADIATOR WITH A/C REMOVED)

Both the PMO fans need to be wired together (blue to blue, black to black) because you are not gonna use the a/c wire harness (unless you got a/c, if you do take it out )

You need the driver side harness. Attach the blue wires from the PMO fans to the black wire off of the factory harness.
                        Take the black wires off the PMO fans and the other 2 wires from the wire harness and put them all together (4wires total)
                        (NOTE::The 2 wires off the stock harness that go to the PMO Fans black wires are to turn the fans on when it reaches operating temperature, and the other wire is for diagnosis and if your ect sensors fail...thats why they both have to hook up to the PMO Fans black wire)

Now pull the ect sensors plugs off and start the car, the fans should be on if you did it correctly. Now put the plugs back on and let the car get hot enough for the fans to turn on, you may want to drive the car to get it really hot.

Todd you can put this write-up on your site if you want, dont matter to me....it would have saved me ALOT of time if I would have had it....could even send it with the fans when you mail them to people

WOW Thanks Matt Will do

Comment

Originally posted by Custom GT
                          if you have the a/c removed put them up front! I just removed my a/c and if their is room for these up front imagine all the room i will have for the turbo now!

Just make sure you got the wired right so they flow with the airflow or when they come on on the highway the opposite way it wont be pretty lol....

edit::

seen this on their site

12" Fan Specs

CFM Pull 1200-1450

CFM Push 1350-1550

Dimensions 11-3/4² x 12-1/2² x 2-1/2²

Amps (push or pull) 5.5 +-0.5 AMP

Volts 12

so they actually will work better if they are mounted up front, sweet!

Not sure what kind of results you guys are seeing and I hate to play devil's advocate, but a quick power calculation on these things shows they are only consuming around 120-140W combined. The factory GENII probe fans consume around 400W and have a much more agressive blade geometry. More power and more agressive blade geometry = more airflow. These aftermarket units always kill me with their poor blade design and the CFM numbers are useless unless they're advertised at a specified voltage and static pressure. I design cooling systems for a living, so that's why I'm being so critical. Just keep this in mind if you guys run into problem. Spal is probably the only aftermarket supplier I would recommend for fans.

BTW - Equally spaced blades and running both at the same RPM (which would be the case if they're identical) will create noise concerns. It's quite possible you'll experience a booming noise with two of these. I'm sure some of you could care less though.

Not knocking you Todd. Just giving everyone some advice. BTW - The big brakes are still working great. I'll get around to the write-up sooner or later.

Andy
                          Last edited by Forced96PGT; September 8, 2004, 08:18 PM.
                          96 5 spd PGT Laser Red/Tan Leather KLZE, Hotshot Intake, Hotshot Headers, Borla, MSD 6A & Coil, Fidanza & CM Stg IIR, RR-Racing Mounts, Eibach, Tokico and a lot of miles! SOLD

07 Volvo S60R 6MT - Electric Silver/Nordkap 300hp AWD Loaded, IPD STG 3 to come

Comment

how mush for just 1 fan ????

DAVID 1989 Ford Probe GT FE3 TURBO 2.0L DOCH 16V.
                            PRD Best 1st gen at Myrtle Madness X
                            [X]FE3 TURBOCHARGED + TOO MANY EXTRAS[X]

232hp-220tq @ 10psi for now
                            cardomain

Comment

probably $62.50~

Comment

Originally posted by Scott
                                This guy seems to have them mounted on the front:
                                http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701117945

I just don't know if there are any pros or cons of mounting them on the front or the back, or whether that's just a preference or clearing space.
                                con: driving on the highway in back of a big rig ... all it takes is one rock ...

Comment

Working...
                                X