Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTTRacing91PGT
    why the name change?
    Word. I'm assuming that there was a conflict with another company named PMO but I'm still curious.
    Mario Kovach 2005 Dodge Neon Mopar Stage 3 SRT-4
    USAF Explosive Ordnance Disposal Craftsman
    12.04 @ 116mph, 358whp/412ft/tq
    FPOC 2010 Calendar Model: Mr. December

Comment

Originally posted by Bomb Squad
      Word. I'm assuming that there was a conflict with another company named PMO but I'm still curious.
      Nope. I'm clueless right now on how to keep my current name. I got it when I signed on with that host. I have not been able to contact them in any way. We wanted our site back online asap - PMO still isn't online. And PMO unabbreviated is long. And There's several different reasons. No legal ones though.

Reguarding the size of PRO, I mentioned to Todd several times the fact that everyone doesn't view the Internet with the same browser settings. A lot use Netscape, Mozilla or something else. I don't know what I can do about fixing things so the site is viewable to just about anyone, but I will fix this at some point. Right now, I can definitely fix the sizing issues. It's going to be interesting to see how messed up it is.

Thanks everyone and let me know if there's any other issues for anyone. I've got the Customer Parking page opened. I really remember doing this last night before I went to bed. I figured it would be one of the most clicked areas to begin with and made a point to see that it was open. I checked it. Anyway, it was still set on the setting as when I uploaded, so maybe I was just dreaming that I fixed it. 4 nights and a combined 6-7 hours sleep is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomb Squad
        Nope. I'm clueless right now on how to keep my current name. I got it when I signed on with that host. I have not been able to contact them in any way. We wanted our site back online asap - PMO still isn't online. And PMO unabbreviated is long. And There's several different reasons. No legal ones though.

Regarding the size of PRO, I mentioned to Todd several times the fact that everyone doesn't view the Internet with the same browser settings. A lot use Netscape, Mozilla or something else. I don't know what I can do about fixing things so the site is viewable to just about anyone, but I will fix this at some point. Right now, I can definitely fix the sizing issues. It's going to be interesting to see how messed up it is.

Thanks everyone and let me know if there's any other issues for anyone. I've got the Customer Parking page opened. I really remember doing this last night before I went to bed. I figured it would be one of the most clicked areas to begin with and made a point to see that it was open. I checked it. Anyway, it was still set on the setting as when I uploaded, so maybe I was just dreaming that I fixed it. 4 nights and a combined 6-7 hours sleep is not good.

Comment

It's surprising that it's not resizing itself since you're using CSS. One of the most attractive features of CSS is that it resizes itself to fit almost any resolution/screen.

The site looks good though.
          Stephen Wilds #303
          PhotoPOC
          BMW 328i
          BMW Z4

Comment

Originally posted by supergoat
            It's surprising that it's not resizing itself since you're using CSS. One of the most attractive features of CSS is that it resizes itself to fit almost any resolution/screen.

The site looks good though.
            It's probably be/c I used mostly pixel sizes and not percentages. I've got it resized on my screen right now and am really wondering if I'm going to have to resize images. It's looking that way. sucks

Comment

You two are great, one "plus" to the name change...there was a site called precisionmotorsports.com, but if you try precisionracing.com you get nothing, so that might help with some confusion...and I personally think PRO sounds better...
              SHIFT_RB26DETT

1992 Nissan 240sx coupe. RB26DET swap. Gutted. S13 conversion.

Don't ask how it runs or how fast it is, because I'm prolly about $7-10k away from knowing.

Comment

yeh Id have to say you all are great nwo to get the money i owe out to you guys.. man am I a slacker
                Would love for pmo/pro to give me my 2000 veilside hyundai tiburon back and the several thousands of dollars they owe me or the parts!

Comment

Originally posted by TurboSE
                  You two are great, one "plus" to the name change...there was a site called precisionmotorsports.com, but if you try precisionracing.com you get nothing, so that might help with some confusion...and I personally think PRO sounds better...
                  precisionracing.com might not be online, but the name is owned already. We checked that one first. We checked several.

But anyway, how would I go about getting precisionmotorsportsonline.com back??? I cannot even get in touch with that hosting to pay for the domain again. I would like to keep this, if at all possible. But I don't know how it works getting a domain through one hosting and being able to use that domain anywhere. Can that be done or does it have to be used through the hosting you have; unless you transfer from the actual hosts' servers?

And Todd's really fond of the PRO.

Originally posted by turbo93mx6
                  yeh Id have to say you all are great nwo to get the money i owe out to you guys.. man am I a slacker

I feel like a slacker today. I started to work on the sizing issues and since then have saved pics on my harddrive from the old server for someone who needs them, paid 2 bills, stayed on hold for forever and a day w/ Paypal people, fixed lunch and responded to a couple of emails. Now 2 hours later, I'm going to *try and get this finished now!

Comment

Sweet picture.

Comment

Originally posted by photoguy
                      Sweet picture.

Just wanted to post that I'll be switching things over real quick. Just in case someone goes on there and the page or an image isn't displaying. I'll post when I've finished and see how things are then.
                      Thanks everyone!

Comment

Not sure its been mentioned, but im currently viewing the site from a laptop with a 15" monitor and a resolution of 1024x768 and the site doesnt adapt to the browser window well... I have to scroll sideways... You understand my point?

J

Comment

Originally posted by doc Jones
                          Not sure its been mentioned, but im currently viewing the site from a laptop with a 15" monitor and a resolution of 1024x768 and the site doesnt adapt to the browser window well... I have to scroll sideways... You understand my point?

J
                          You haven't been reading much, have you? Totally joking. Yes, it has been mentioned and check it out now and see how it looks.

Comment

Misty, It looks great!!

Crap! have to change my signature!!
                            Ken Allwine
                            "Jensen Probe" is gone...

Just a few part left to get out of the garage.

Comment

I'd love to be hired by PRO for graphics stuff. I'll work for parts
                              See link in sig.
                              95 GT-ZE MTX Arrow Silver -- Debadged -- Tinted -- H4s -- HS GenIV CAI -- PRD Wires -- Aluminum Painted IM -- Red Painted VCs -- Eibach ProKit -- Tokico Illuminas -- 17x7 Silver Konig“X” 5 Spokes -- Falken Ziex 225/45/17 -- Bendix Pads -- CM Stage 1 -- ebay headers -- RT Hi-Flow Cat -- BORLA Cat-Back -- OE Phenolic Spacers -- All Premier System
                              http://photos.imageevent.com/rscummi...y/COMP-web.jpg

Comment

I thought you guys were already PROs at what ya do. joke
                                1994 Aspen Silver Metallic Probe GT

Probes NorthWest Rocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X