Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone experience shipping rip-off from PA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone experience shipping rip-off from PA?

I ordered a 2.0L ATX cold air intake from ProbeAddiction the end of July for $129.99 plus $20 shipping and it shipped after two weeks of placing the order and I received it on Monday, August 14th. The shipping delay was annoying but not my main concern.

I expected that for $20 shipping, the product would arrive in a box of respectable condition, packaged well to ensure against any shipping damages and shipped with a reputable shipping service such as FedEX or UPS, even DHL. I was sorely mistaken. The box I received was a used "Otto Racing" box, originally used to house a product for a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer.

Inside, the adapater which interfaces the MAF sensor to the CAI was inside a ratty box labeled for a part for a 1998 Subaru. Crumpled up newspapers and magazine pages were used as pacakaging. Yes, you read right, newspapers and magazine pages. Not packing peanuts, foam, or an air pillow, but newspapers. The package was shipped via the USPS for $8.95 and was "insured." Although I was pleased with the product and the condition it arrived in, I am sorely disappointed by the shady operations of ProbeAddition. Charging $20 to ship a product that CLEARLY cost $8.95 to ship is unacceptable. I could understand the fee if it was packaged satisfactory in materials that weren't found in a basement or used to wrap Christmas tree lights until next year.

I seriously hope that by reading this someone at ProbeAddiction will wake up, realize their blatenet attempt to swindle customers out of money without receiving a good or service in return and institute a change in policy in the near future. I additionally hope anyone who reads this will think twice before placing an order from ProbeAddiction again.

So it cost $9 to ship it from the Post Office.....what about the $30 worth of GAS and TIME it took to GO TO the Post Office to put your shipment out to you? Shipping charges aren't just for the actual cost of carrier, they are for the time and other costs associated with shipping a product out. You go stand in a Post Office line sometime.
    '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
    '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
    '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

If you are upset about a mere $20 shipping charge then dont buy anything from ebay, because their shipping is absurd.
      Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

I ordered a set of Tokico Blues and it was in a huge box with no packaging materials. It was a bunch of rolled up magazine and news papers like yours was. My struts were sticking through the cardboard box like they were needles. I was happy with the quality of the struts, no damage that I can see but still. Wow.
        '94 Sonic Blue w/ Black Top ~ Turbo - SOLD: 7/06/14
        ...yeah, she's shaved, just how we like 'em. Click HERE
        vrooom psshh...

Comment

hey its all good in the hood as long as the stuff gets there in perfect condition. Theres many costs that go into shipping stuff out. apart from the shipping fees theres the transaction costs which include waiting in line, drive to post office, looking for a box, writing labels out, updating the inventory, etc. Personally i think wat you received isnt acceptable, but at least it was in good condition right. they should at least not used refurbished boxes, as that is the ghettoest thing ive ever heard of.

im gonna think twice about probeaddiction now! cause that really shows how much care and attention they put into the business. Im so sick of shady ass businesses in this country that cant do shit.. for example: Cingular.
          Last edited by DjPareja; August 25, 2006, 01:07 PM.
          my email address is NOT working!

Comment

My RSTB that I ordered sunday evening arrived today...that's prompt shipping if you ask me

Comment

as well. To those out there that Don't Ship things on a regular basis, or have people depend on them to ship items, you have no idea what is involved in getting bulk items out on a consistent schedule. You'd be suprised how fast shipping supplies cut into th ebottom line of a business, and that charge has to be passed onto the customer/purchaser. Don't hate it, eBay average shipping charge is $24.95-39.95 for "standard flat rate shipping", whatever the hell that is.

Side Markers .99 buy it now, shipping $19.95.

total actual sale, $.99 side markers, $5 Shipping, $14 profit.
              ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
              ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
              ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

u got newspapers and magazine pages, I got pepsi, mountin dew, coke, diet coke carbon boxes as "protection" and I complaining about it? Nope. My Z3 fenders and clear corners came in great condition!!!!!!!!! Stop bitching and be happy it got to you in good condition!
                -Randall-
                Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps
                vehicleless

Comment

Originally posted by I<3my93GT
                  u got newspapers and magazine pages, I got pepsi, mountin dew, coke, diet coke carbon boxes as "protection" and I complaining about it? Nope. My Z3 fenders and clear corners came in great condition!!!!!!!!! Stop bitching and be happy it got to you in good condition!
                  Oh yeah? Well my clear corners came in a nice box with styrafoam!!! Ohhhh shit. But my struts did have some carbon boxes in the box also. haha
                  '94 Sonic Blue w/ Black Top ~ Turbo - SOLD: 7/06/14
                  ...yeah, she's shaved, just how we like 'em. Click HERE
                  vrooom psshh...

Comment

Working...
                  X