No announcement yet.

Probeaddiction scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never had a problem with PA. I've ordered a suspension kit, B&M sts, rear sway bar. On average its taken 10 days to process my order then another 7-10 days for it to come in the mail. Sorry to hear about everyone elses back luck.
    New rotors,calipers,brakes,cv/axels,front wheel bearings,motor mount inserts,Clutchmasters Stage II "R" clutch kit w/steel clutch cable,Fidanza flywheel,B&M sts,Tokico Illumina suspension kit, KYB front/rear strut & shock mounts w/strut boots, addco 22mm rear sway bar,18" ASA AR1 Wheels w/Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position 225/40/18's

Comment

still waiting...... no response
      2004 Subaru WRX - wagon mafia style

Comment

It has been nearly 4 months now for me and I still have no idea what is going on with my order and no refund has been offered, every time I bring it up they merely talk around it, EVERY time promising more info as to the status of the order and NEVER contacting me again. So far I seem to just be out 400 bucks... I'm about to take legal action if they don't fix this.

Personally I'd rather take a chance buying possibly crappy parts, why? Because I'll actually GET them!

Comment

Originally posted by forzanerazzurri
          Totally beyond the point. Its about the principle. A customer shoudlnt have to jump through a set of hoops to recieve proper service. It seems like you are in bed wih him or something because you keep trying to defend what is poor business practice.
          In bed with him once more your speculations and mere assumptions are not factual as your assumptions that is PA is a scam!

You obviously have no business training and have no concept of how to run a sucessful business in a free market society and dont go telling me what is right and wrong about business practice. I have a Bcomm and am finishing an MBA and I am half your age. You speak as if you are a teenager, have some more respect for others on the board and try to grasp a touch of class. I love probes like everyone on here but I would want to be driving a car that is a bit higher end one at your age. Perhaps its a reflection on your unprofessional attitude and your low expectations in regards to business etiquette. There is something you learn in University called "business eithics" and "corporate responsibility". These are vital ingredients to the sucess of any business regardless of wether they hold a monopoly or not. You sound like a total fool defending a guy who, while probably is a great guy, needs to sstep back and really question wether or not the service he delivers is up to any sort of standard. If it is not then maybe he should shut down. I could care less. My products did arrive as i said, shipping time was not that big of a deal EXCEPT my lights were broken and i NEEDED new ones ASAP. Kenny couldnt satisfy my needs so i went elsewhere knowing full well that he had a return policy. He choose not to live up to that policy EVEN thought the goods were returned in the condition they were recieved. If you would have read my post to begin with you would have understood that shipping time was not my issue, my refund was. It is theft at this point and im sorry 5 dollars or 200 dollars, it is inexcusable in my book.

You know I didnt even want to respond to your stupidity at this point!
          I came back from MM so happy, but fug it!

I dont give a flying rat's ass what degree you have. Unless you know what is going on with him and the business personally, you college degree doiesnt mean crap. Until you start running and owning your own business , you have no clue what business is. Real world experience out values mere text book jargin any day.

I will get in touch with kenny and have him come in here and address this. But I will be damn if I am going to get backlash from some one over this. So I suggest you mind your manners and chill out until I get him.

I came back from MM being a nice guy, dont make me become an asshole by attacking me personally!
          Because honestly I am not in the mood for it!
          Last edited by CrimSon_ReD; November 14, 2006, 08:00 PM.
          Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

Originally posted by CrimSon_ReD
            In bed with him once more your speculations and mere assumptions are not factual as your assumptions that is PA is a scam!

You know I didnt even want to respond to your stupidity at this point!
            I came back from MM so happy, but fug it!

I dont give a flying rat's ass what degree you have. Unless you know what is going on with him and the business personally, you college degree doiesnt mean crap. Until you start running and owning your own business , you have no clue what business is. Real world experience out values mere text book jargin any day.

I will get in touch with kenny and have him come in here and address this. But I will be damn if I am going to get backlash from some one over this. So I suggest you mind your manners and chill out until I get him.

I came back from MM being a nice guy, dont make me become an asshole by attacking me personally!
            Because honestly I am not in the mood for it!
            What?? Business principles do not change based upon personal situation. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound when you try to defend poor business practice? How hard is it for you to agree with the facts. Dont stick your head in the sand and pretend this is not a problem. I dont need to have my own business to know what proper business practice is. What part of my posts have given you an indication that i am "stupid"? I am very well educated and am very proud of the fact ive studied business for almost 6 years. What do you think business students study all day, origami? I am trying to be fair here by giving the facts and all I get from you is biased crap. I dont care what you value my degree at, I know more about proper business practice, corporate law and corporate ethics than you do. I think that excusing Kenny's poor business practice is making you lose your credibility on this board. A reponse starting with "You know I didnt even want to respond to your stupidity at this point!" is so unprofessional and so childish and i dont expect that from someone in your position and life experience. I wish you would be rational about the situation and understand what we are trying to say here. I am not blaming you personally and I am not saying youre responsible, but I wish you would be a bit more level headed abou the situation. Im not trying to start an agrument here, I am just trying to get the word out.
            "MY FAST LIKES THE WINDOWS DOWN!"

Comment

Don't bother trying to reason with Crimson, he will NEVER back down about how "great" PA is, no matter how much proof says otherwise... I mean come on, this post is at almost 40 replies and almost NONE of them support PA. And there are MANY other threads that expose PA's poor business practices. Just look at the first page of the PA section of probetalk at least 11 of the 20 or so threads are about poor experiences with PA, thats more than half!

Comment

I agree ... there is NO excuse for bad business practices....plain and simple. Nothing you can say to argue against it. I am sure Kenny is a great guy, I am sure he has big things happening, I am sure he is understaffed...as the consumer do you really think I should care? I mean for in kind business practice Kenny is welcome to ship me some parts for free...then I will not contact him about paying him..and when I feel like it in a couple months or year I will pay him...just so I won't be scamming.

That said, man I am on your side...but get your head out of the ivory tower. I have more education then I would bet 95% of people on this board...but I know its real world value. Books open doors, help you understand principles..from their you are on your own. When you say things like

I dont care what you value my degree at, I know more about proper business practice, corporate law and corporate ethics than you do.
                you are sounding like an ass man. It is not like I know Crimson and not defending him, he doesn't need my help. But YOU don't know the man. You don't know his education, or knowledge level. So don't assume it. Just cause you studied something in class doesn't mean you understand it either. And trust me, the business ethics classes you take are nothing like the real world.

Your points about PA are totally fair...stick to them. When you speak otherwise YOU are showing the immaturity of your age.
                Now living in REALLY Sunny Arizona and sweating a lot but still loving it...AZPOC Rules!!

Comment

What?? Business principles do not change based upon personal situation. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound when you try to defend poor business practice? How hard is it for you to agree with the facts. Dont stick your head in the sand and pretend this is not a problem. I think that excusing Kenny's poor business practice is making you lose your credibility on this board. A reponse starting with "You know I didnt even want to respond to your stupidity at this point!" is so unprofessional and so childish and i dont expect that from someone in your position and life experience. I wish you would be rational about the situation and understand what we are trying to say here. I am not blaming you personally and I am not saying youre responsible, but I wish you would be a bit more level headed abou the situation. Im not trying to start an agrument here, I am just trying to get the word out.

this man knows what he's talking about

crimson, we're not asking you to "fix" the problem. obviously your name isn't on the business. but when you just look the other way and try to make the people who are getting ripped off out to be the bad guys, how can you honestly sit there and NOT see where we are coming from?

just for a second here, lets change the situation. pretend you did some online shopping for i dunno..... a computer. you email them to see if they have what you want, they reply promptly saying they do, so you send them your money expecting to see it within 5-7 business days. the day that you hit "submit" in the checkout, they charge your card.

fast forward to 2 weeks later. you haven't heard from the company at all. they have your money, and the product. you email them. no reply. you call them, no answer. you call again, the person you need to talk to isn't there. so you email again. no reply. now your starting to get a little annoyed, and feel like your getting taken for a ride.

after another 2-3 weeks of going through all that, your computer FINALLY arrives! you get it all hooked up and ready to go, power it up.....and wait... this isnt the right processor that you ordered. so you go through another 2 week game of phone/email tag to get ahold of them, and they tell you to send it back and they will correct the problem. but theres a catch. YOUR paying the shipping? at this point tho, you do it anyways, because you just want the product that you ordered.

you ship out the computer, get a tracking number on it to make sure it gets there. they do indeed recieve it, in 3 days (crazy, how a normal person can ship so much faster than a BUSINESS ! ). on the 5th day, you've yet to hear from them. so you call to make sure they got it. no answer..... you send email, no reply ( noticing a trend here? ) FINALLY a week later you get ahold of someone on the other end of the telephone line, they say they did indeed recieve it, but can't remember why it was originally sent back ( isn't that what RA numbers are for? ). so you tell them everything that you've gone through and what was wrong, the memory refreshing works, and they say they will have the new one out to you asap.

another month later, emails and phone calls later, and guess what. you still don't have your computer. they still have your money.

crimson, honestly tell me now, that after going through that, you would still be patient with that company. if you can't see that, then your just in denial and it really DOES show that your covering kenny's ass for some reason. prove us wrong
                  Last edited by Jay; November 14, 2006, 08:55 PM.

Comment

realize that he buys in bulk most of the time he may have gotten an order for say 50 head light kits. that order is totally filled. and all are shipped out when he receives them. then He gets someone, that maybe it gets broken in shipping. well you send it back 2 weeks later he gets it. He now has to wait till he gets enough for another order again, he's not just going to order 1 shipping prices would be ridicules. a lot of his stuff comes through customs. I went through the same thing you were talking about above Jay, with an entirely different company. it took over a month to get them when I was promised them in 3 day's. they were stuck in custom's nothing that could be done.

Comment

Kenny used to run a great business, he sent items promptly and made sure his customers had all of their questions answered. At that time I really enjoyed doing business with him, and I'm sure he was doing good. So he got over confident and bit off way more than he could chew. And now his business is choking, no longer is he known for great communication and swift shipping, now he is infamous for his record breaking slow shipping and near nonexistent communication.

And he has lost many customers because of it, I for one am done doing business with him.

Comment

i realise this, i too work in the automotive business. but you know what, we ALWAYS contact the customer if their order isn't going out when expected. and we NEVER EVER charge them unless the item is CONFIRMED in-stock, ready for shipment. its COMMON PRACTICE.

yes, shit happens , shipping companies mess up, wrong parts are sent. BUT COMMUNICATION IS KEY.

and just like Canadian Dream said above:
                        "
                        Kenny is welcome to ship me some parts for free...then I will not contact him about paying him..and when I feel like it in a couple months or year I will pay him...just so I won't be scamming. "

thats a huge issue with me, when you start messing around with peoples money then shit is gonna hit the fan. and guess what, it has

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Tourismo
                          realize that he buys in bulk most of the time he may have gotten an order for say 50 head light kits. that order is totally filled. and all are shipped out when he receives them. then He gets someone, that maybe it gets broken in shipping. well you send it back 2 weeks later he gets it. He now has to wait till he gets enough for another order again, he's not just going to order 1 shipping prices would be ridicules. a lot of his stuff comes through customs. I went through the same thing you were talking about above Jay, with an entirely different company. it took over a month to get them when I was promised them in 3 day's. they were stuck in custom's nothing that could be done.
                          You seem to fail to see that slow shipping is not our only issue here... It's poor communication, so the product is stuck in customs and will take a month to clear. Fine, then TELL me that, don't just be like: "Oh I'll figure out where it is and let you know tomorrow" and have me still waiting on that phone call over a week later...

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianDream
                            That said, man I am on your side...but get your head out of the ivory tower. I have more education then I would bet 95% of people on this board...but I know its real world value. Books open doors, help you understand principles..from their you are on your own. When you say things like

you are sounding like an ass man. It is not like I know Crimson and not defending him, he doesn't need my help. But YOU don't know the man. You don't know his education, or knowledge level. So don't assume it. Just cause you studied something in class doesn't mean you understand it either. And trust me, the business ethics classes you take are nothing like the real world.

Your points about PA are totally fair...stick to them. When you speak otherwise YOU are showing the immaturity of your age.
                            I totally agree with you, little of what you learn in class applies to the "real" world but i do get defensive when someone diregards all the hard work ive done and calls me an idiot. The average starting salary in calgary for an MBA grad isnt 80,000+ a yr because you dont understand business. I dont know Crimson youre totally right, but we can all get a feeling of how incorrect his concept of how a business should be run is. His level of education or his knowledge level is insignificant when his position is the way it is. Im not personally attacking him and i respect the fatc hes a mod, however, i do disagree with his opinions and I will not let him give other potential customers of PA poor advice.

Comment

Cool man, but remember your 80k+ a year is not a big deal with Admin. Assistants in Calgary are making 65k+, and McDonald's have to give away fee iPODS just to get people to work. Simple supply and demand man, u should know that Oil boom is treating Calgary right !
                              Now living in REALLY Sunny Arizona and sweating a lot but still loving it...AZPOC Rules!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianDream
                                Cool man, but remember your 80k+ a year is not a big deal with Admin. Assistants in Calgary are making 65k+, and McDonald's have to give away fee iPODS just to get people to work. Simple supply and demand man, u should know that Oil boom is treating Calgary right !
                                yeah its nice eh, most guys i worked with at Nexen for my internship got 12 month bonuses, so thats 80k salary plus an 80k bonus. ridiculous. i dont necessarily agree that the boom is treating the city that great. unless youre in a good position your almost screwed. Inflation is over 4.5%, housing prices are ridiculous, housing availablity and low cost housing is non existant, traffic and commutes have doubled, infrastructure is falling apart, kids cant find schools, crime has risen sharply, and the quality of life is definitly going down because of it. People in blue collar jobs had wages that were so undervalued before, they hadnt gone up much at all in the last 10 years and now the market is scrambling to correct it causing alot of businesses to go under. Any wage hikes you do recieve now are overshadowed by the inflation rate. People seem to associate booms with positives, when in fact anytime the market is out of eq it has negative consequences.
                                Last edited by forzanerazzurri; November 14, 2006, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X