v6 Plug Wire Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v6 Plug Wire Question

I recently received my wire set, and installed it this past weekend. Works great, it's the second set I've gotten.

However, the #2 and #4 plug wires are continuously popping off of the spark plug (which i also changed, Bosch Platinum +2). What can i do to fix this?
    What i did in the meantime was just pulled my PRD #1 wire from my 2.0 and used it instead of the #2 wire.

You may have a faulty wire, or you can try pushing the boot up a little further.
    Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
    PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
    1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
    1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Originally posted by Probesport
      You may have a faulty wire, or you can try pushing the boot up a little further.
      How do i do that?

I had to put the bad wire back on, and now it's popping off real badly.

Comment

I'm still having a problem with the #2 wire, even after changing the plugs. Figured maybe it was the poo bosch platinum.

Now, however, my #6 and #4 wire has decided to come apart completely. Is there any way you can do a warranty replacement on these two wires? My car runs real bad on 5 (or 4) cylinders.
        Last edited by walg; April 27, 2006, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walg
          I'm still having a problem with the #2 wire, even after changing the plugs. Figured maybe it was the poo bosch platinum.

Now, however, my #6 and #4 wire has decided to come apart completely. Is there any way you can do a warranty replacement on these two wires? My car runs real bad on 5 (or 4) cylinders.
          Sure, send teh wire or set back to us and I will send it in for warranty, I must warn you however they arent that very fast doing warranties it seems so far.
          Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
          PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
          1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
          1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

If the PRD wires come from the same vendor that the defunct wires4cars.com used to get thiers from, then what I had to do on a couple boots was take a razor knife with a sharp blade and cut back the height a few millimeters to get more metal-to-metal contact because the rubber part was just a tad too high. A quick fix.

Comment

K, I'm finally going to ship them back. What is the address? Do I include an RMA number?

I couldn't find anything on the website.

Comment

Working...
              X