Knock retard with megasquirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knock retard with megasquirt

Since I have an m62 supercharger using methanol I have been on cobaltss.net a TON. The one thing I have been noticing with their tunes is that there ecu pretty accurately measures detonation and retard accordingly while letting them know its happening!

I have a 2.2 version megasquirt etc etc one of the first bulkbuys through shaodome. I love it it has been very solid for my tuning needs.

However, with my supercharger I cannot hear detonation and pulling the plugs while on the dyno takes too much time and costs me a ton more money. Do you guys offer anything that WORKS, and by that I mean works without hearing something like the valvetrain and triggers eratically. Something that actually hears knock and allows me to tune it out while warning me its there?
    mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
    Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

There is a web site that sells MS knock detection circuits that are tuned for a specific engines.
    93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
    Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
    1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

Originally posted by artsvetkov View Post
      There is a web site that sells MS knock detection circuits that are tuned for a specific engines.
      HMM! I'll have to look into this!
      mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
      Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

Comment

here you go www . viatrack . ca
        93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
        Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
        1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

Thanks, I was wondering too!
          MX-3 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, Grnd wires, rear batt, AWR MMs, torq brace, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, NRG Susp./ Nyloil bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar/ solid endlinks, Azenis, leather int, Alpine stereo & alrm, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster3, CF hood, FG hatch/ Lexan,

Comment

ok that site is all in japaneese or china man language

Comment

Originally posted by artsvetkov View Post
              here you go www . viatrack . ca
              Thanks man thats the same sensor jordan mentioned. I'll have him put it on when he gets here I think it will work.

Comment

thing is now with having the sensor to pick up knock can you now run ms with target fuels with the base for it to follow and learn its long term fuel tables. cause if so tuning jaspers car would be as easy as hook this up change ms to closed loop add some fuel adn drive away

Comment

Originally posted by 1990pgl View Post
                  thing is now with having the sensor to pick up knock can you now run ms with target fuels with the base for it to follow and learn its long term fuel tables. cause if so tuning jaspers car would be as easy as hook this up change ms to closed loop add some fuel adn drive away
                  I never have and probably never will use target fuels. Too much chance for something to go wrong. The knock retard is something I would use to tune with on the dyno put as much advance up as I can then log how much it had to take out of if notices knock. Its also a failsafe for if the methanol would quick working on me.

Really would be perfect for tuning however. Get it on the dyno add timing until it hears knock or you quit making power. You can push the envelope and get every ounce of power out of your system!

Comment

Working...
                  X