This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My_Probe_is_faster

I sanded it off, they are not pitted at all now.
    Please tell me you didn't use sand paper for this!!!

This rust gets removed by using a cloth or rag.
    1994 PGT with ZE engine and cams, 184whp and stock idle
    NEW!!!!!
    1995 PGT with ZE engine, special cams, reworked ZE IM, reworked pacesseter headers, 2.5" exhaust, megasquirt, 224whp at 7400rpms, idle 825rpms

1999 civic si with K24A2 engine, should produce close to 250-265whp in natural aspiration on a Dynojet

Comment

Originally posted by mikeseli

Please tell me you didn't use sand paper for this!!!

This rust gets removed by using a cloth or rag.
      Oh, it was more than what you could rub off....I used a little emery paper and rubbing compound/metal polish stuff...they were smooth, and I could call them custom regrinds..lol...

NIck
      1993 PGT KLZE Turbo - Sold (12.9 @ 118mph)
      1995 240SX RB20DET swap - Sold (330whp)
      2000 Audi S4 TT - Sold (too heavy)
      1995 BMW M3 - Custom made turbo kit (420whp/398wtq) Sold to pay for school
      2003 VW GTI 20th Anniversary Edition - Chipped, exhaust, etc...

Comment

hey Mike I have a couple quick questions. First are there any dyno charts yet? I am concerned about moving my powerband that high (almost to redline) Is power and torque lost in the lower RPM's or does is it stay the same as stock. I thought I read somewhere that power is lost in the lower RPM range I just wonder how much??? A Dyno Chart would be really nice to see before taking the plunge.
        My SRT-4
        Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

Originally posted by b4tn
          hey Mike I have a couple quick questions. First are there any dyno charts yet? I am concerned about moving my powerband that high (almost to redline) Is power and torque lost in the lower RPM's or does is it stay the same as stock. I thought I read somewhere that power is lost in the lower RPM range I just wonder how much??? A Dyno Chart would be really nice to see before taking the plunge.
          Dan[Sac] should be putting his car on the dyno this weekend(I think).

Below 2500rpms there's going to be a slight loss in power. If you have a MTX you won't feel it because most of the time with your MTX you're between(2400-3400rpms).

I don't find at 6500-6700rpm peak hp is that high, I find it's ideal for a sport car that has a redline of 7000rpms and a fuel cut-out at 7500rpms. The 6500-6700rpms is dependent on intake manifold, ZE IM will peak higher(6700rpms) than 03 IM(6500rpms) due to their shorter runner length.
          NEW!!!!!
          1995 PGT with ZE engine, special cams, reworked ZE IM, reworked pacesseter headers, 2.5" exhaust, megasquirt, 224whp at 7400rpms, idle 825rpms

1999 civic si with K24A2 engine, should produce close to 250-265whp in natural aspiration on a Dynojet

Comment

I dont think he will be on the dyno this weekend, he is still breaking in his engine. I might see him tommorow. I didnt realize he actually had the cams yet. I might have him take me for a ride
            My SRT-4
            Sold, My Turbo 2g MX6

Comment

Hey , just to let you know the cams were sent .. I will send you the MO ither tom ( saturday or monday ) Thanks PM me when u recieve the cams ..
              N.E.P.O-"The Rebel"
              -2005 SRT-4 *305lb tq*
              -1998 Neon Stock:
              -1997 PGT Stacked:**SOLD**

Comment

Originally posted by 97pGT
                Hey , just to let you know the cams were sent .. I will send you the MO ither tom ( saturday or monday ) Thanks PM me when u recieve the cams ..
                Once, I get your MO and the cams I'll let you know.
                NEW!!!!!

Comment

hey guys just one question,

Im running a 03 with the 03 IM and 03 VRIS points, so to get full use of these cams would i need to reprogram my VRIS to stay open after 6250?
                  If i get these cams and dont change the VRIS and let them shut at 6250 will i see any gains, as you stated that power gains are developed at peak rpm,
                  So is there any point in getting these cams if my VRIS is bone stock?

Comment

oh yeah sorry one more thing,
                    where and how do you reprogram the VRIS to stay open till 6800rpm? Do i need a whole new ecu?

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Low 626
                      oh yeah sorry one more thing,
                      where and how do you reprogram the VRIS to stay open till 6800rpm? Do i need a whole new ecu?

TIA
                      VRIS points is only a function of intake manifold design(runner length and runner diameter), and not going to be affected by other mods such as(cams, headers, exhaust, or even increase of block size). Therefore you shouldn't have a problem with your stock 03 VRIS points if you have a 03 intake manifold.

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I STATED THIS IN PT, I think this is my 86th time.
                      NEW!!!!!

Comment

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I STATED THIS IN PT, I think this is my 86th time.
                        Yeah, but remember 86 times Canadian is only like 53 times American.

Have you and Geoff researched the profiles you would/could run with solid lifters?
                        David Coleman #1891 - Fastest of any Gen @ MMIV:
                        1993 Mazda MX-3 GSR Special Edition - PINK POWA! - KLZE powered!

The Idiot Post Patrol :
                        Fighting ignorance one post at a time [this public service brought to you by Nikki and David]

Comment

Originally posted by David Coleman

Have you and Geoff researched the profiles you would/could run with solid lifters?
                          No. Are you planning on going with solid lifters on your ZE? Wouldn't that mean that you'll need custom solid lifters on the intake side?
                          NEW!!!!!

Comment

No. Are you planning on going with solid lifters on your ZE? Wouldn't that mean that you'll need custom solid lifters on the intake side?
                            Yes. Still researching avenues along the lines which we've previously discussed. I was just asking if you had ran any numbers, especially since the ramp angles can be grossly different on solid lifters.
                            David Coleman #1891 - Fastest of any Gen @ MMIV:
                            1993 Mazda MX-3 GSR Special Edition - PINK POWA! - KLZE powered!

The Idiot Post Patrol :
                            Fighting ignorance one post at a time [this public service brought to you by Nikki and David]

Comment

Hey what do you call urregrinded cams ?
                              N.E.P.O-"The Rebel"
                              -2005 SRT-4 *305lb tq*
                              -1998 Neon Stock:
                              -1997 PGT Stacked:**SOLD**

Comment

I've got a question: why $375 for one grind and $450 for another? Isn't it the same amount of material and labor for each grind, assuming both are re-grinding KL-03 cams? Most cam makers offer several different profiles at the same price.

Comment

Working...
                                X