No announcement yet.

Feeler: Howe Racing Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well just a quick update. we have decided not to include mounting points for fans as it would increase cost and wouldnt except all fans.
    Will be easy enough to make your own mounting brackets. I will be trying different ways of fabbing them on my car.

I received a call from UPS informing me that my rad will be here monday or tuesday. So I will be getting detailed pictures with it installed in my engine bay ( Turbo pipe clearance shots)

Thanks
    Keith
    Exclusive Wheel and Tire
    Sensei blue PGT Turbo'd http://members.cardomain.com/kes16

Comment

I'm interested, any chance you can compare the thickness and length with the stocker? I would that that myself but my car is parked at my parent's house and it's pretty far from me. Also, some information about fitment on a MX-6 would be great.
      1994 MX-6 RS -- RIP 1/30/2012
      1996 MX-6 M-Edition
      1993 RX-7 Grand Touring
      2010 Mazda3 Hatch Grand Touring

Comment

That is sad, because i'd rather see nice clean mounting solution on the rad rather than brackets from the rad support.

Comment

Originally posted by KES16 View Post
          Well just a quick update. we have decided not to include mounting points for fans as it would increase cost and wouldnt except all fans.
          Will be easy enough to make your own mounting brackets. I will be trying different ways of fabbing them on my car.

I received a call from UPS informing me that my rad will be here monday or tuesday. So I will be getting detailed pictures with it installed in my engine bay ( Turbo pipe clearance shots)

Thanks
          Keith
          Exclusive Wheel and Tire

No mounting points for fans, No Problem I would'nt run the OEM Fans anyway. If It keeps the cost down cool, plus it's not hard to Fabricate some type of Fan Mounts for Dual 12" fans.....
          95PGT-5spd w/LongTubePacessetterFlangeTypew/2.5"Piping/MagnaflowDualTipExhaust/S.Shifterw/PolyInserts,RR.racingM.M.Inserts/FidanzaFly/Stg.2Clutch w/ssLine,VRISdelete/MildPort/Mili.S-injectorsw/CustomDualFeedFuelLine/AeromotiveFPR/MSDwiresw/NGK-IridiumSparkPlugs/ChippedECU/LightweigtCrankPulley/HOWE-AluminumRadiatorw/3000cfmPermaCoolFans/CorkSportTypeCS-Lip/MaxspeedCoilovers/19"Staggeredw/Perilli-PZeroTires/07Mazda6FrontBrakes.

Comment

i didnt want them to fab OEM mounts... I would have figured something for the dual FAL fans or just 3 threaded bungs along the top of the rad for custom mounts so there is no need to have ugly shit over the rad support.

not that it matters for me i already have my rad... I might have a local welder make my mounts on my rad.

Comment

Ok i tore parts out of the parts MX6 car and i was curious about fitment... well lets just say NO it dont fit because the Upper rad hose nipple needs to have been made on a 45 degree like the MX6 OEM radiators. now im screw'd.... the good news is that the FAL dual fans fit and looks like the AC hose can also stay down in front.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...we%20Radiator/
              More pix inside^^^

Last edited by Mr.Jason; January 31, 2009, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Nothing a welder cant fix, but since you have tested fitted it and found this info out. Maybe howe can make a few for the mx6 with the 45 angle like you suggested. Kes16 would that be at all possible? If so i might be able to join in...
                95 mx6 v6 5spd Resting untill a N/A build

05 G35 DD......Auto=

Comment

Sure nothing a welder cant fix, but now its too late. By the Time i am done the rad will be $550 or more after currency exchange & modification.

I contacted Howe to see if they can get me a new upper spout shipped.

I always thought the probe & mx6 rads were the same with the 45 degree spout.
                  Last edited by Mr.Jason; January 31, 2009, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jason View Post
                    Ok i tore parts out of the parts MX6 car and i was curious about fitment... well lets just say NO it dont fit because the Upper rad hose nipple needs to have been made on a 45 degree as OEM radiators both for the probe and MX6 were 45 degree... now im screw'd.... the good news is that the FAL dual fans fit and looks like the AC hose can also stay down in front.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...we%20Radiator/
                    More pix inside^^^

Dude you got It wrong, there is a difference between the PGT and MX-6 2.5L radiators. The 45 degree angle on upper radiator hose outlet is for the MX-6 only, the PGT's is straight because of the passenger side Pop-Up Headlight is next to the Upper Hose outlet on the radiator.

You have a PGT Howe radiator!

Checkout This....

95PGT-5spd w/LongTubePacessetterFlangeTypew/2.5"Piping/MagnaflowDualTipExhaust/S.Shifterw/PolyInserts,RR.racingM.M.Inserts/FidanzaFly/Stg.2Clutch w/ssLine,VRISdelete/MildPort/Mili.S-injectorsw/CustomDualFeedFuelLine/AeromotiveFPR/MSDwiresw/NGK-IridiumSparkPlugs/ChippedECU/LightweigtCrankPulley/HOWE-AluminumRadiatorw/3000cfmPermaCoolFans/CorkSportTypeCS-Lip/MaxspeedCoilovers/19"Staggeredw/Perilli-PZeroTires/07Mazda6FrontBrakes.

Comment

Um... i already saw that...^ no need to re post

I bought my rad before this BB thread & that diagram even existed.
                      Last edited by Mr.Jason; January 31, 2009, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Hey just wanted to let you know i have one of these radiators...but mine is one of the first one of custom ones that was origonally in matt maas' car. Without a thermostat and being boosted my car sat around 175-180 for temps.
                        -J-Rod-
                        301whp 293wtq 9.5psi 14 degrees back under the knife (high compression & spray)
                        93 PGT-T
                        96 PGT Reacquired, Revived, and Resold
                        08 Mazdaspeed 3 Allwheel drive 5857..Blah blah blah

Comment

Thanks for the Info,

Without a thermostat and being boosted my car sat around 175-180 for temps.

My question, is this with both the Fans On Always, or working when the Temperature Switch triggers them?

Comment

That was with fans being controller by MS. But they werent always on. Funny thing is, is when it got colder i had to block half the radiator with cardboard in order to keep any heat in it at all. By colder i mean liek 50 60 degrees.
                            -J-Rod-
                            93 PGT-T

Comment

^^^ that is why you need a thermostat in there regardless

Comment

well when the car is a race car and it doesnt move ever it really doesnt matter. So i dont need anything.
                                -J-Rod-
                                93 PGT-T

Comment

Working...
                                X