2.5L KL Colt cam bulk buy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Jason View Post
    you can get tri flow turbo grinds, but i dont know if they are offering them in this BB the way it is worded.
    check the archives for past BB where it says the following
    In fact this BB thread has far less info about the grinds than the previous BB threads. Not sure why that is.
    All info except the Tri-Flow is on the coltcams website
    Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
    Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

yeah they are offering them the tri flows are $430 a set, $70 more than turbo grinds and $40 more than the race grind
      here is some info on the tri flows

http://www.coltcams.com/html/tri_flo...logy/index.cfm
      Last edited by daweb; January 15, 2012, 07:09 PM.
      95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
      94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
      93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
      97&94&93 PGT gone
      DALE

Comment

Originally posted by Zepticon View Post
        All info except the Tri-Flow is on the coltcams website
        Yes but the point is the info should be in the first post as it always has been in past BB threads. They dont even have the lift or duration specs for any of the grinds offered. Lack of info can lead to un-happy customers / mistakes.

Comment

I think a link to the colt cams website would be sufficient. Any modification to your car comes with risks; anyone not willing to do proper homework on them really shouldn't be getting involved in these projects.

Comment

I'm not gonna debate it... I am right that the more info the better otherwise the thread or colt cams will get bombarded with dumb questions. Even the colt cam website does not list all their KL cam grind options that are in these bulk buys.

Its like a sale at best buy saying this is the TV choices... but you gotta go home first and look at our website to see what the features are.

Moving on... I've made the point but i already have cams. Just tryin to clear up some of the fog.

Comment

the website has the grinds for evrything except the tri flows under camshaft profiles it would be nice on the main bulk buy page so you dont have to search
              Last edited by daweb; January 16, 2012, 09:59 PM.
              95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
              94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
              93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
              97&94&93 PGT gone
              DALE

Comment

I'm down for some race grinds.

I have a spare DE that I'll just send in the cams from since I don't have my ZE yet. Then swap them into my ZE heads when they're re-ground.
                1993 MX6 LS

Comment

Hoping to the heavens that my taxes come back before this is over. lol
                  1988 Mazda 323 Sedan - All motor KL. 11.5:1 forged, Interprep cams and valvetrain, ITBS..

Comment

Originally posted by 93silverGT View Post
                    For new cams, do i need to upgrade other parts as well? I have a turbo 2nd gen on complete stock motor. What else would be needed to run these cams efficiently (i have megasquirt)
                    I thought I read that you need solid lifters for the tri flow cams?
                    Daily : http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...type/mycar.jpg

Fun: http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...e/DSC05527.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by H_type View Post
                      Uhhhh where cuz that is not true at all........

Comment

Originally posted by H_type View Post
                        They use the cams from your stock engine, and if they have solid, then you need solid, if they got hydraulic, then you need hydraulic. I have read tho, that HLAs have problem with oil preassure at high rpms with some cams.
                        Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
                        Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Originally posted by polarexpress17 View Post
                          well hopefully income tax comes in before then, but i doubt that. if not i am once again SOL on the bulk buy pricing
                          same here I'm not even getting my taxes done till Feb 6th so i doubt i will have the money in time bummer.
                          THE ONLY REASON I'M DRIVING THIS FAST IS BECAUSE I REALLY HAVE TO POOP

Comment

pencil me in for a set.. i just need to find a set of kl01 exhaust cams and im in buissness... problem is finding them... i have a spare set of intake cams.. but no exhaust :\ if anyone can help hit me up !
                            1993 Ford Probe GT: its a mod whore... so im not listing lol
                            1994 Ford Probe SE full bolt ons and boost (sold to PTmember)

Comment

If anyone participating in the bulk buy that currently have ze cams and want to sell them pm me...thanks
                              something different

Comment

This may be a dumb question but the only cams I have laying around are KLG4 cams, but I want them ground for HLA's is that gunna be an issue?
                                1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X