R32 swapped GTI vs 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 swapped GTI vs 323

Had a little bit more fun today. My car has been getting a beating lately. I need to chill. lol

Car: R32 swapped GTI. definitely a sleeper.

First run. I spun a little bit harder than I wanted to, but I pulled by about a car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDCyH9DCVq4&NR=1

Second run. I got it just about right, and you see the difference. Plus the 130lbs weight reduction from the passenger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJXfOYRtCe8&NR=1
    1988 Mazda 323 Sedan - All motor KL. 11.5:1 forged, Interprep cams and valvetrain, ITBS..

Damn r32's where does all that supposed vr6 torque go? Is it the extra 700lbs it has over the 323? I've been really dissapointed with r32's lately. Just cant hang with a nice running KL.

on those runs, guess he feels now his swap was pointless going up against a smaller displacement engine which was also a swap.
    Last edited by mac1; July 20, 2011, 11:21 PM.
    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Yeah when we got back to my buddies house, he just kept asking "how much power does your car make again?" I was like "MAYBE 185whp." He just kept shaking his head. lmao
      1988 Mazda 323 Sedan - All motor KL. 11.5:1 forged, Interprep cams and valvetrain, ITBS..

Comment

Awesome.
        95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
        93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
        89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
        04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
        Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Nice! Car sounds good!
          John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
          '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
          '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
          '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

i thought the r32s were awd? im no vw expert though. if so, your boy needs to learn how to launch lol
            BLACK 95PSE- on jack stands waiting for something special

DAILY: BLACK MICA PROTEGE5: FORGED,SQUIRTED, AND HOLSET POWERED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
              Damn r32's where does all that supposed vr6 torque go? Is it the extra 700lbs it has over the 323? I've been really dissapointed with r32's lately. Just cant hang with a nice running KL.

on those runs, guess he feels now his swap was pointless going up against a smaller displacement engine which was also a swap.
              The extra 20-30hp he has can't overcome the 700lb difference(+2 lbs per HP)... I was trying to get a race between a stage1 GTI (he said it was about 40hp over stock from 200), and my car. He has about .5 lb per HP disadvantage over me...
              Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
              STEVE B
              1993 Probe GT
              2016 Mustang

Comment

We gonna add to this thread by racing that VR6 this weekend. Somebody somwhere is gonna be real pissed. And like I said steve, tell him you got a 50shot to match his hp, then when its all over, show him your trunk. Salt on that wound.
                Last edited by mac1; July 21, 2011, 09:49 AM.
                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by 95base... View Post
                  i thought the r32s were awd? im no vw expert though. if so, your boy needs to learn how to launch lol
                  He has an R32 swap, still using the GTI transmission though. So it's still fwd.

Comment

Ha gotta love it.. Old ass Mazda laying the paddle to the Vdub.
                    Nice kill, uh.. Murder!
                    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
                    94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Niceee kill. Im sure he was salty after that. The r32 sounds like its way more than it actually is because it automatically hits a brain nerve that says "r32....r......like a skyline?"....no nothing like a skyline......

Comment

Im gonna call bs on this kill for the simple fact is that bw went no where. R32s are quick and if swapped it to fwd then it would be quicker. That car drove more like a na golf.
                        john palmer get at me on facebook.
                        89pgt plenty of mods on the way.
                        http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l507/93probeanator/

Comment

Originally posted by 93probeanator View Post
                          Im gonna call bs on this kill for the simple fact is that bw went no where. R32s are quick and if swapped it to fwd then it would be quicker. That car drove more like a na golf.
                          I dont think its bs. Even the stock R32s were only running like 14.3-14.4 in the 1/4 if I remember right. If DeeAOne is running 13.9's then he should easily be ahead. In fact, not having the awd in the gti is probably hurting him on these dig races.

Nice kill! That little 323 is pretty cool!
                          '93 MX-6 LS
                          '93 Mustang GT
                          '87 Mustang GT *Scrapped*

Comment

Well I didn't see that his 323 ran a 13.9 so take my comment back
                            john palmer get at me on facebook.
                            89pgt plenty of mods on the way.
                            http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l507/93probeanator/

Comment

I thought stock R32's were more like 14 flat...It could all be dependent on driver too, though.
                              95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
                              93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
                              89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
                              04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
                              Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Working...
                              X