No announcement yet.

pgtze vs 4.8 mgt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i talked to my friend who has a mustang gt 2000 and he said the 4.8 is the V8 so you did good to hang with the v8 stang that car can boogy i drove it before its fast i thought it was a 5.0 sorry bout that

Comment

Thanks I've ran 4.6 mgts before my Maff swap and stayed right with them but this one was much faster than the plain looking 4.6 mgt I ran last time.The Maff swap really helped out a lot with this run
      1996 PGTZE,eBay headers,cat less ,INTAKE,POLY MM,12pd FLYWHEEL,Maffed,kitted,lowered,9.3 1/8th mile,75mph and more to come

Comment

Originally posted by SaNyACiD View Post
        so i talked to my friend who has a mustang gt 2000 and he said the 4.8 is the V8 so you did good to hang with the v8 stang that car can boogy i drove it before its fast i thought it was a 5.0 sorry bout that

ZOMG!!! there is no such thing as a production 4.8 v8 mustang... Its a 4.6L V8. The emblem was a 4.6 emblem and the font they use looks like 4.8 if you cant see it clear <3 lmao

Even the old school Mustang ran a 289ci v8 (4.7) but never been a 4.8, i doubt it was stroked.. because my buddies 96 with stock engine, stock headers, stock gears.. with only a CAI and and Xpipe back exhaust is almost as fast as my foxbody, he only traps 3 mph less then me

/rant

Good race, with a healthy ZE... or DE for that matter should be right next to a light bolt on MGT
        07 Mazda3 bone stock daily
        87 Foxbody 5.0 - 217whp/272tq 12.4:1afr!
        94 MX-6: SOLD!
        93 PGT- ZE, headers, exhaust, CAI, Capsule Racing intake manifold (VRIS delete), Mx3 fw, Act 6-puck, AEM af guage (SOLD)

Comment

Yes I'm sure it was a 4.6 but he blacked the emblems out and it was dark so that's what threw me off.But this stang was newer and decked out and much faster than the older 4.6 that I ran.Both my brothers run sc fox body's and I have had 3 fox body's myself and loved them
          1996 PGTZE,eBay headers,cat less ,INTAKE,POLY MM,12pd FLYWHEEL,Maffed,kitted,lowered,9.3 1/8th mile,75mph and more to come

Comment

No way a ze is staying next to a new edge stang.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990pgl View Post
              No way a ze is staying next to a new edge stang.
              from a roll... def possible
              07 Mazda3 bone stock daily
              87 Foxbody 5.0 - 217whp/272tq 12.4:1afr!
              94 MX-6: SOLD!
              93 PGT- ZE, headers, exhaust, CAI, Capsule Racing intake manifold (VRIS delete), Mx3 fw, Act 6-puck, AEM af guage (SOLD)

Comment

40-100 mph roll dead even till at 100 he got me but was fun!

Comment

Working...
                X