quad projector alternative??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quad projector alternative??

I know alot of ppl are using the j30s, but theres only one in a jy here in Ar. However I work at lkq (humongous aftermarket body parts place) I have access to thousands of lights just not really anything older and the j30 stopped production in 97. I need an alternative from a newer car that is no bigger then the j30s and can operate outside of housings. Obviously im gonna run hids, and id be ok w like lights out of a bmw (one projector and the halo light if they can survive w/o housings. Models and years are appreciated.

Nothin that I can think of, there is a site that sells different type of retro fit.. I have some j30a laying around that I was gonna use but didnt. Gona keep my stock setup and do projectors on the 4x6.. in other words just pm me if you want them off me.
    live smart, drive fast, build slow and perfect!!

Comment

im running 94 lexus es300 duals in mine, they have the output of the j30s, but the high beams are amazing lol.
      they are a bit wider than the j30s though, a little more modifying to get them to fit

theyre pretty easy to find around in the jy's around here, maybe youd have some luck finding some of those?

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

even late model passats have some small projectors for fog lamps, maybe a 2" lens.. great light output with that nice rainbow effect on the cutoff, but you need to fab up mounting brackets for them...
      Last edited by SpookyGreG; November 25, 2013, 04:16 PM. Reason: train of thought derailed....
      '93 PGT "Lucy" - Going back to the stock look.. Body kits are overrated...
      '95 PGT "Ethyl" - Engine rebuild in progress

"A Ford Probe is a constant work in progress." - My Dad

Comment

Just eBay mini projector hid. There are tons for sale for good prices
        1996 PGT atx...for now, Intake, exhaust, yonaka coilovers http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701306455...wrecked, put back to stock, Sold

1994 PGT MTX...http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701309068

Comment

Thanks everyone, lordryan1993gt is a good guy and hooked me up so I have that part figured out, waiting for them to arrive so I can start fabbing them up, ill take process and finished pics

Comment

Go to the retrofit source and pick out the projectors you want then make them fit. Done I
            MDNGHT: Quad Projector+Kit+Cobra BBK+Almost every suspension part you can think of for the front and rear + full poly bushings everywhere

The joy of owning a F.O.R.D. Fix or Repair Daily

Comment

^retrofit source is great, im rocking retrofitted 7x6's with mini h1 bi-xenons
              1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
              1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
              2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
              2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
              2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

Originally posted by SpookyGreG View Post
                im running 94 lexus es300 duals in mine, they have the output of the j30s, but the high beams are amazing lol.
                they are a bit wider than the j30s though, a little more modifying to get them to fit

theyre pretty easy to find around in the jy's around here, maybe youd have some luck finding some of those?

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

even late model passats have some small projectors for fog lamps, maybe a 2" lens.. great light output with that nice rainbow effect on the cutoff, but you need to fab up mounting brackets for them...
                Have any pics of that? I actually have the same projectors lying around and might give the retrofit a try if it looks good enough...

Comment

Working...
                X