Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread about Cross-pollinating other car's car parts that work on the Probe..........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dont know if it has been said but the rear sway bar links are the same as Kia. i have parts numbers and everything around if anyone is interested...ohh and the kia ones are like $10 each or is it both??

Caution: DONT use the prelude intake its going to run almost the same money if you do and youll have to piece together the coupler and couple more things. ITS NOT WORTH THE EXTRA HASSLE.
    Last edited by prjavelin; March 12, 2007, 10:32 PM.
    kl motors are like bad women, treat them great and they will give you lots of headaches, lots of spending and lots of problems.

93 mx6 klde prelude cai, ssautochrome headers, dual resonator,custom mandrel bend catback, obx stainless dtm muffler, coolant bypass, civic sts and broken shitty halos

Comment

• what about the corvette arp extended studs for the 2nd gens part number 100-7708

Then theres the vaf to maf converstion for us OBD II cars from the 2.5 millenia using the ecu and the iat?

Comment

• sweet

This thread kicks a$$ thanks for all the information it will all be very usefull and i agree there should be a seperate subforum for these types of discusions.

Comment

• Great thread, eventually would be nice to have all swaps confirmed, with pics and detailed write-ups, but that will come with time.

As for my question, its been like what, 2 years with this thread, anyone try the Porsche brakes yet? I love the idea, but am broker than a joker lol.
          My new Ride

Comment

• I am still confused after reading 6 pages of jumpy information and conjecture theories.

I need New Rear Calipers and New Rear End links and Bar.

What Cars can I get these from. Models and Years please.

I have a 93 PGT.

THanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Inferno
              I am still confused after reading 6 pages of jumpy information and conjecture theories.
              I need New Rear Calipers and New Rear End links and Bar.
              If you have the dollars then buy some 18" or larger wheels , radial mount Brembo calipers, some cobra 13 inch rotors, an aftermarket adjustable brake pressure valve and a 929 master cylinder or better. Open up the rotor centric circle (center hub hole) by a couple thousands of an inch to fit the PGT hubs and get some custom machined adapter mounts for the Brembos and you will have some outstanding brakes. But unless you have 4-6k to invest then stick with your stock PGT brakes. I raced my 94 with stock brakes and they performed very nicely on the track with some good brake pads and cross drilled discs.
              Success is a measure of determination!
              Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
              $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
              Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
              Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Very interested in the 13" Cobra rotors, is that front and rear? Cobra calipers fit as well seeing as they are Cobra rotors? Sorry don't know much about brakes. So pretty much what I'm asking is if I bought Cobra rotors and calipers with some grinding it would bolt up?
                00 Silver Mustang GT - Not Stock, 60k miles. Stock Dyno - 222rwhp 256rwtq.
                93 Black PGT MTX Codename: "Skunky" - 219k miles, White GTS Stripes, KLZE engine, 40k mile trans, Hotshot Headers, Random Tech High-Flow Cat, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, RR-Racing STS, RR Racing Poly Front Mount and Shift Stabilizer Arm Bushings, etc. etc.
                95 Black PGT ATX - Stock, 85k miles, gone./95 Black PGT MTX - Shell, going

Comment

• Originally posted by ferant316
                  Very interested in the 13" Cobra rotors, is that front and rear? Cobra calipers fit as well seeing as they are Cobra rotors? Sorry don't know much about brakes. So pretty much what I'm asking is if I bought Cobra rotors and calipers with some grinding it would bolt up?

I'm sure it would take more than just grinding. You would obviously need to make some sort or relocation bracket. How easy that is depends on how the mounting points on Mustang brakes are designed, your skills, and access to the neccesary equipment. You may also need longer brake lines depending where the calipers get mounted and where the fittings on them are. If you have the tools and skills its probably a pretty cheap upgrade. If you have to pay someone it will likely get real pricey(in Probe owner terms), real fast.
                  Adam Kirkpatrick
                  1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
                  2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
                  1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevoh
                    Mid 90s Subaru Legacy 2 pot calipers fit on the 1g with no modification. Just need to use the stock 1g caliper bracket and place the Subby caliper on the slider pins.
                    ONLY 1996 Calipers will fit, I found this out the hard way.

Comment

• brembo calipers...

Originally posted by Emilio21
                      Quick question. If the calipers from a 911 carrera fit on a 2G will the Brembo calipers that they make for the 911 work? Since Brembo doesn't make calipers for the Probe.
                      Where do you think powerstop gets theirs? "brembo" logo stamped on the edge of the rotors I bought for the front of my SE;they have rears too...

Originally posted by David Halbleib
                      The vulcan 3.0l V6 engine found in 90-92 LX can also be found in the following cars, trucks, and vans...

All years of:

Ford Taurus
                      Merc Sable
                      Ford Tempo
                      Merc Topaz
                      Ford Aerostar Van
                      Ford Windstar Van (early years)
                      Ford Ranger Truck
                      Mazda B3000 Truck

Think of all of the cheap junkyard parts.
                      Not all yrs taurus/ sable's are vulcan 6's...we've been buildin 3.0L duratechs for them for YEARS in cleveland. The vulcan was a 3.8L concidered by many to be a "mom & pop" engine...
                      Last edited by unionrdr; May 27, 2007, 10:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

• Dont Let This Thread Die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Subscribed..I am really intrigued in this whole brake thing..

Any news on the MPV 2 pots fitting a 2g?
                          John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                          '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                          '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                          '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

• Originally posted by unionrdr
                            Not all yrs taurus/ sable's are vulcan 6's...we've been buildin 3.0L duratechs for them for YEARS in cleveland. The vulcan was a 3.8L concidered by many to be a "mom & pop" engine...
                            IIRC, the 3.8L v6 is an ESSEX engine, not a VULCAN and i didn't see the duratech in a taurus until the last body style was around.
                            ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• wow, 2 yrs, 6 months of random posts intermixed with the good ones....... I'll get one of the moderators to get in here and prune it up a bit Including this post
                              ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                              ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                              ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

• If someone could clean this up and just make a list of what fits what and add the items as more are found, i think it would be very benecificial and save a lot of time scrolling threw all these posts.
                                KLZE, Hotshot Headers, Hotshot CAI, Pacesetter exhaust, 626 swar bar, AWR adjustable endlinks, Centreforce clutch, MX-3 Flywheel, JJ resonated TP, Eibach Springs, Shogun Rims, Mach 1 Chin and Mazda6 BBK (the Orignal)

Comment

Working...
                                X