Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread about Cross-pollinating other car's car parts that work on the Probe..........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, I haven't seen it listed before but one can find a JE50 VAF in the 929 for those wanting to run a KL-31 ECU.
    Jim K.
    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• Since one of those mods deleted my 3 contributions, I'll only post up just 1 of those one last time....

The throwout bearing that came with our clutch kit is the same exact bearing that's in the serpentine belt pullies. The part number is 6203 RS made by CCVI, the NSK bearing part number (stock with the bearing) is 6203DUL1. I have pictures confirming this.
      Last edited by blac_shine007; September 12, 2008, 11:12 PM.
      I'm the 626 guy. DOWN FOR A REBUILD 11.8:1 comp build .020 pistons race cams MSPNP coming hopefully running by the end of the year check my YOUTUBE page

Comment

• SVT Contour RSB Install.

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701262358
        Last edited by KrAsH; September 13, 2008, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blac_shine007 View Post
          I couldn't help but notice that one of those overpowered, underpriviledged moderators deleted 2 of my posts on here dealing with my contributions. I'm gonna add at least 1 one last time. If it gets deleted one of ya'll is gonna hear me.

Since one of those mods deleted my 3 contributions, I'll only post up just 1 of those one last time....

The throwout bearing that came with our clutch kit is the same exact bearing that's in the serpentine belt pullies. The part number is 6203 RS made by CCVI, the NSK bearing part number (stock with the bearing) is 6203DUL1. I have pictures confirming this.
          i've about had it with your crap about "overbearing, underprivileged moderators" deleting your posts and/or "contributions".

NO ONE has deleted anything regarding what you've "contributed" but YOU. you've even gone to lengths to make statements hinting that you won't making any contributions to this site's knowledge base for whatever reasons you might have.

if you have a problem with something that any moderator has done on the site, you contact me directly. you DO NOT post garbage comments like this just because you're upset that something was or was not done.

do not do this again.
          ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• ^^Seriously, someone deleted 2 of my posts on this thread. After I posted, TravisWilliams_GT quoted what I posted and in big bold letters posted SCORE!. I noticed that his post is gone as well. In fact, he quoted the the thing about the bearings that I just reposted. If you don't believe me, PM Travis Williams.
            I'm the 626 guy. DOWN FOR A REBUILD 11.8:1 comp build .020 pistons race cams MSPNP coming hopefully running by the end of the year check my YOUTUBE page

Comment

• project probetalk ?

would be cool to have a 2 gen pgt and do every poss change upgrade swap from other cars , kinda like a test dummy , can be used as a training , people can come work on it . video there work post it to you tube ... car could be at meets and sites around the country ? or a central location ? or regional ... just thinking ? anyone think its possible ?
              93 GT SUPERCHARGED ZE WITH SENSIE MOLDED KIT ,

Comment

• hey lets use your car
                1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

• Originally posted by twiztid_wun View Post
                  hey lets use your car
                  i have one that could be .. there is plenty of donors out there ..
                  93 GT SUPERCHARGED ZE WITH SENSIE MOLDED KIT ,

Comment

• Originally posted by don93pgt View Post
                    would be cool to have a 2 gen pgt and do every poss change upgrade swap from other cars , kinda like a test dummy , can be used as a training , people can come work on it . video there work post it to you tube ... car could be at meets and sites around the country ? or a central location ? or regional ... just thinking ? anyone think its possible ?
                    Somebody (not me) is going to beat you around the head and shoulders!
                    Success is a measure of determination!
                    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                    Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Originally posted by don93pgt View Post
                      We tossed around doing that for MMX, came up with too many roadblocks to make it feasible.
                      Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                      PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                      1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                      1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

• As soon as I get my blue tooth device working, I'll transfer some pics. But in the mean time I have made yet another discovery. You know how everyone wants a stronger valve spring for the ZE on the intake side? Well, turns out that the Nissan KA24DE has the same width and hieght springs as ours and our retainers fit within their springs and visa versa. The visual differences are that the ZE spring isn't totally round whereas the KA's are. You can find these on the '91-98 Nissan 240SX and '93-'01 Altima.

BTW, They also make dual valve springs with Ti retainers which can be found on ebay or briancrower cams.
                        Last edited by blac_shine007; November 5, 2008, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• I noticed that there is not much mention of wheels in this thread. That's a pity. Here, I will contribute.
                          You want to put the wider 17 inch wheels from a Mustang on your car? YOU CAN! It seems people are having the most success with wheels from the 94-04 range of various Mustangs. I personally have a set of 17x8's from a 96 Saleen Mustang. I will post pics when I get home today. I am running 245/45 R17 tires and with the rolled fenders I don't scrape. Sticks to the road like crazy and makes hard cornering quite fun.
                          Just as a note, 2005 and newer Mustang wheels will NOT fit as far as I can tell. I think Ford changed the offset.

-Nick
                          1994 PGT MTX -- Black -- KLZE, MTX, Probinator chip, Fidanza FW, STS, RR-racing poly inserts, HS style headers, Borla cat-back, Tokico Illumina struts, Eibach Pro Kit.
                          CrimSon_ReD - "So your last name is dragon?? Now that is fuggan cool as shi[z]!"

Comment

• ^^There's quite a few people here with mustang wheels. Thanks for trying though

Comment

• Factory stereo guru's probably already know this, but the Taurus SHO power harness for the slave CD player can be used to add the needed power connection to 95+ PGT's that lacked the equalizer plugs on the harness. The premium sound signal/ground-strap cable is also exactly the same for the EQ as it is for the slave CD.
                              "Soon, it occurred to me that there were two races going on...
                              one for those who'd brought the right tools and one for those who were tools."

Comment

• I saw a 3rd gen Tiburon with MX6 wheels for the winter. So I would think that Probes and MX6s should be able to use theirs.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2149/img0649ca9.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X