Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread about Cross-pollinating other car's car parts that work on the Probe..........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo... im sure someone has more to add to this thread now. Also anyone ever find out more about the 911 Brakes?
    Current: 95 PGT, 11 Mazda2, 98 Forester
    Gone: 93 PGT, 92 MX3, 04 Beetle Turbo
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2956358

Comment

• Who knows how to do the 3kGT brake upgrade. I know somebody has done it, and I would love to ask them how they did it.

http://images.geekazoids.net/100_0268.jpg

Comment

• i ordered acura tsx (mtx, same as newer TL's) rubber boots/sleves that go on the clutch and break pedals...

& they do fit on the pgt mtx pedals...

i bought my pedal assembly used from a part out and the rubber on them were torn and worn so i looked to get replacements and dont like metal ones(b/c they tend to be to slick) so i test fitted the TSX ones and they wrapped around fine...

+ i like the rubber design a bit more...

not sure how much they will cost at retail (i got them at employee price for $3 a peice)

figured id throw that out as replacement option...
        05 Lotus Elise
        95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

• There were some toyota pedal rubbers ones that looked like they'd fit, but I never tried....

Anyways the non abs 93-02 and 98-02 626 abs rear hub assemblies fit the 2nd gen abs probes (cheaper). The old sensor ring knocks off and when heated up slip right back on without any pressing.... I think kia front strut mounts may fit also, I should know in a few weeks.......
          93 gt
          95 tbird sc
          2010 focus ses

Comment

• i should be there, will be a first for me, but if i can get the ze in this spring and a new trans i should be there.
            89 GT Probe For Sale, Check listing.

Comment

• dont know if this has been mentioned but the 1st gen clutch line fits a 2nd gen. only difference is, the 1st gen has about an inch longer, doesnt interfere with anything
              probe is sold, now i have what the probe was suppose to replace, but ironically replaced my probe
              1993 nighthawk 750
              http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...otor/assembly/

Comment

• Porsche calipers and 13 inch rotors

Cobra 13 inch vented rotors will fit 2nd Gen PGTs with minor modification. Centric hole needs to be opened just a small amount. Bolt pattern is the same. Porsche Brembo Monoblock Radial Mount caliper can be very easily adapted to match on the PGT. With this setup though you need some very big rims. 19 inch rims will fit with stock struts and springs and same diameter tires. 20 inch may fit but havent tried. Haven't tried them yet but it looks like the OEM RX7 stainless brake lines are a direct swap. Will have to verify it later on.
                Last edited by KLZE Porsche; February 21, 2007, 08:22 PM.
                Success is a measure of determination!
                Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Originally posted by KLZE Porsche
                  Cobra 13 inch vented rotors will fit 2nd Gen PGTs with minor modification. Centric hole needs to be opened just a small amount. Bolt pattern is the same. Porsche Brembo Monoblock Radial Mount caliper can be very easily adapted to match on the PGT. With this setup though you need some very big rims. 19 inch rims will fit with stock struts and springs and same diameter tires. 20 inch may fit but havent tried. Haven't tried them yet but it looks like the OEM RX7 stainless brake lines are a direct swap. Will have to verify it later on.
                  very intersting.... do you think this would fit behind a pair of 17 cobra's? they have a hella offset...
                  96 PGT kl~ze, aeromotive fpr, pacesetter long tube headers, prd cold-air, hei mod, msd blaster 2 coil, custom grind colt cams, clutchmasters stage II R, b&m short throw, solid motor mounts, custom 2.5" exhaust, sensei v1 body kit fully molded w/ custom front bumper, lowered 1.8" thanks to intrax, front strut brace, rear 22mm sway bar, moog end links, tan leather and 17" cobra rims...

Comment

• Originally posted by 96prizobe
                    very intersting.... do you think this would fit behind a pair of 17 cobra's? they have a hella offset...
                    I would imagine yes because these 13 inch rotors are for a Cobra.
                    Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Hm, interesting thread. I am sure if this was in the performance or maintanence sections there would be more replies and therefore more cross pollination options. Maybe if 2g and 1g specific performance and non-performance threads were created within their respected realms it would abide with the rules in place for creation of a thread. What does everyone think?

Forgot to mention. Something to add to thread. Someone on mx6.com found that the Mazda MPV 2 pot calipers may fit with no or little modification. I was reading the thread at work so I do not remember it so clearly. But another brake option for the Probe.

Mid 90s Subaru Legacy 2 pot calipers fit on the 1g with no modification. Just need to use the stock 1g caliper bracket and place the Subby caliper on the slider pins.

323 GTX gears apparantley fit in the 2g tranny case as well.

Also forgot to mention the many engine internal pieces 2g guys are coming up with now. 300ZX pistons, Ford 302 rods, someother piston(forgot which one I think RSX one??), etc..
                      Last edited by Stevoh; March 2, 2007, 12:02 AM.
                      Chameleon Blue 95 PGT 5 Speed
                      Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed
                      Black 97 BMW 540i 6 Speed

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevoh
                        Hm, interesting thread. I am sure if this was in the performance or maintanence sections there would be more replies and therefore more cross pollination options. Maybe if 2g and 1g specific performance and non-performance threads were created within their respected realms it would abide with the rules in place for creation of a thread. What does everyone think?
                        I believe you are 100% right but convincing the moderators of this is what the trick would be. This thread should be very easy to locate because it may be the one that keeps our cars alive. We need new innovation to breath new life into them and since there isn't much offered from the aftermarket then we must rely on what people are able to find in our local junkyards that is plug and play or requires very little modification.
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Originally posted by KLZE Porsche
                          I believe you are 100% right but convincing the moderators of this is what the trick would be. This thread should be very easy to locate because it may be the one that keeps our cars alive. We need new innovation to breath new life into them and since there isn't much offered from the aftermarket then we must rely on what people are able to find in our local junkyards that is plug and play or requires very little modification.
                          Maybe this thread should be moved to the 2g section?? And make it strictly 2g performance to not clutter the thread up with 1g or non-performance stuff?

Also, how come we are not allowed to have threads like this in their respected sections?
                          Chameleon Blue 95 PGT 5 Speed
                          Primered 89 PGT 5 Speed
                          Black 97 BMW 540i 6 Speed

Comment

• Originally posted by driftwood
                            i ordered acura tsx (mtx, same as newer TL's) rubber boots/sleves that go on the clutch and break pedals...

& they do fit on the pgt mtx pedals...

i bought my pedal assembly used from a part out and the rubber on them were torn and worn so i looked to get replacements and dont like metal ones(b/c they tend to be to slick) so i test fitted the TSX ones and they wrapped around fine...

+ i like the rubber design a bit more...

not sure how much they will cost at retail (i got them at employee price for $3 a peice)

figured id throw that out as replacement option...
                            I picked these up yesterday - cost me $10.36 with tax. I just asked for the ones from a 2006 TSX - that guy loked at me really funny when I told him they were for a Ford Probe.
                            Red 95 PGT - The Wife's Car /// Blue 93 PGT-ZE /// Green 96 S10 - The Hauler

Comment

• Hmm.. anyone got the goods on cheap protege5 calipers?

Hey would 2002 mazadaspeed protege calipers work on 2g?
                              Last edited by PhreaKwenCi; March 6, 2007, 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
                              J.D.

Hit me up on FaceBook OR FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER BITCHES!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PhreaKwenCi
                                Hmm.. anyone got the goods on cheap protege5 calipers?

Hey would 2002 mazadaspeed protege calipers work on 2g?
                                I researched this last summer. To the best of my knowledge all Mazdaspeed Protege brakes would bolt up to a MX-6/Probe. However the cost is outrageous. You can buy a PRD/VOA big brake kit for cheaper and that comes with bigger rotors than the MSP which is the important part. You cant just put on MSP calipers, you need to convert everything-brackets, rotors, calipers. The chances of finding one in a junkyard are rare and on Protege forums all the guys with regular Proteges buy up the MSP kits when the MSP people upgrade.

Summary-PRD/VOA bbk is your cheapest option.
                                Last edited by UnorthodoxCreat; March 6, 2007, 01:06 PM.
                                Adam Kirkpatrick
                                1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
                                2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
                                1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

Working...
                                X