Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread about Cross-pollinating other car's car parts that work on the Probe..........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any modifications us FSDE guys can do? Any late model vehicles out there we can swap an IM with or TB or FI's? It doesnt seem fair that we seem to be forgotten most of the time. Also this can apply to all. Whats the best and cheapest way to upgrade springs and struts swapping them out from another vehicle?

I would love to have a IM with higher flowing runners with out having to get them machined or hunting fsze parts. The 2.0 for the 2g probes is just not using its full capacity like it could of from factory which we all know. Even with my current mods, its slow as crap, but I use to have a SVT focus which was a 2.0 that could beat most pgt's I raced. I even come damn close to beating a scion with a toyota stage 2 super charger kit in it and all the other upgrades. Given it was an SVT and was a 6 speed with 10.2:1 comp and 175hp and 145lb-ft.
    Last edited by nick_ouellette; April 10, 2010, 11:23 PM.
    No car, no home, no job

Comment

• see the 2.0 performance forums nick
      Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

• i have its all the old stuff thats been around for years, i want to hear somqthinbg new and fresh
        No car, no home, no job

Comment

• Nick, I'd go with turbo charging it first. Protege 2.0FS motors came with turbos. You can easily get the piping from those..maybe even the ECU. But for ecu just go with a standalone (MS or something). Used to have a 2.0, i feel your pain too.
          1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
          1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

• Wow 2005, this has been around awhile... still I like it lol.

Lets see I did complete VR4's but I just finished someone elses work. You have to do some modification but for 4 piston calipers who cares.

Obviously someone by now has said the GM HEI Mod.

626 Rear Rotors and Calipers are a minor upgrade just in rotor size but it is an upgrade thats cheap. (I believe its 98+ for the larger rear rotor size but again you must use the 626 caliper too)

If you have an OBDII car you can switch from the VAF to the MAF found on a 96+ Millenia takes a little work but you can do it, I liked it.
            There might be a 95 with a MAF, I found one in the Junk Yard that had a Maf and a OBDI ECU, I still have it just never did anything with it.

Mazda 929 Master Cylinder fits ABS Cars, there was a change so it would work on Non-ABS cars too it was a little nicer for bigger brake kits and is obviously cheaper. 92+ 929's I believe.

The 98+ Mazda 626 V6 has Coil Packs and a Motor with minor changes known as the KLG4 but thats not really what this thread is about.

The Mazda Miata Oil Pressure Sender is the Same as the 93-94 Sender that is an actual sender for a real oil pressure reading.

The Mazda MX3 Non-Air Bag Wheel fits the Probe as does the Mazda Miata (NB aka 99-05) Wheel with Airbag I would say its safe to say the earlier Miata ones fit too.

Toyota PCV Rubber Gasket is a great replacement for our VC Gasket that seems to break most of the time when you remove it.

The Ford ZX3 Antenna Mount works well and looks great in my opinion.

The 16mm Rear Mazda 626 Sway Bar and the Nissan Maxima Endlinks have already been mentioned.
            Hell something tells me some of the items I am now bringing up are already mentioned I am only on page three.
            We need to update post #1 with everything.

There is a lot more I am forgetting that I have done or read. Hell Rick put a Porsche Spoiler on his Probe and I put a Protege one on mine lol.

Originally posted by ls-6 View Post

Protege lateral links are tubular and much more rigid than the MX6/probe stamped links.

From the 98+ V6 626 sedan: The ECU,harness, sensors and other various equipment can be swapped to trade distributor for DIS and the VAF for a MAF batch fire for sequential and to eliminate the pre cats on OBD-II cars legaly.

98+ 626's sometimes came with chrome interior door handles that swap with 2G MX6 handles.
            I have to give these a run, oh and those handles also fit the Miata's Oddly enough.

I also want to know more about this one:
            Originally posted by cyborgzero View Post
            Lets see what else....

Rumor is going around that the Ford Escape axles are a good upgrade to ours and will fit just fine. Haven't tried it but it might be promising since they are made for a heavier vehicle with bigger wheels.

Ford Escape uses the G5m transmission, but its beefed up a bit.
            Last edited by Cross; November 10, 2010, 07:40 PM.
            Denny Crane /\ Capsule E.R.
            05 GTO 408 Stroker \ 13 FRS LSx Swap (IP) / 02 Camaro SS 6.0L Chey's \ 14 F-150 5.0L / 96 MX6 M-Edition
            Give college students enough time and they can set anything on fire. --Cross & White Dart

Comment

• I forgot which newer ford car uses the new g6m-r trans. I wonder if our bellhousing can bolt to it

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

That would be the ford fusion and mercury milan

Comment

• I was just thinking the other day.... Everybody is so focused on finding a better MTX tranny for the probes & mx6's, but what about a better ATX tranny ?
                Which is the G5m or G6m ?
                DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
                94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

• The g5m is the 5speed mazda trans and the g6m is the 6speed g series mazda trans

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990pgl View Post
                    the g6m is the 6speed g series mazda trans
                    Dont say g-series and 6speed in the same sentance, you'll got my panties wet
                    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• lmao. its a g6m trans though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990pgl View Post
                        [/COLOR]That would be the ford fusion and mercury milan
                        and mazda6 and mazda3. wouldnt be surprised if the focus using the duratec did too.
                        PaTricK
                        ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

• i could go find one at work tomorrow and see what the bolt pattern looks like : )
                          94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

• well I didnt find one of those trannys on the shelf here, but I did find out some other useful news!

2003 Mazda 6s (v6) has a bracket at top of the firewall. On this bracket is a VRIS solenoid and a KL47 map sensor just like the one you would find on the Millenia L. That solenoid has two tiny vacuum hose clamps just like the ones you would find on the Millenia S. The vacuum hose clamps are perfect for boosted applications! There are only two on it though, whereas the Milly S has quite a few more.
                            94 Probe GT..no engine!

Comment

• Mazda Xedos 2.0 v6

For all you European people (such as myself, currently stationed in Germany), I just found out that the 94 Mazda Xedos 2.0 v6 has the JE50 VAF (much like the KLZE). I have yet to find out what ECU it has. Will not be surprised if it is the KL31. Will also try and tear apart the engine and check out the cams.

It is a 2.0 V6 sedan. Looks almost identical to the US version of the Millenia.

QUESTION: anyone confirmed the Escape axles yet? If so, what year? What engine size? (they have the v6 and the I4) Any help greatly appreciated...since my axles are shot and I am in desperate need of new ones, why not go with a beefier upgrade?
                              1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                              1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

• ^
                                the Xedos is a millenia.
                                PaTricK
                                ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Working...
                                X