Need a bit of help on a MX3 DE/ZE problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a bit of help on a MX3 DE/ZE problem

We took a MX3 with the old V6, and put in the KLZE/DE.

Its a DE block, with ZE heads, ZE pistons, Hotshot headers and Colt Cams. It runs a 2.5" exhaust with magnaflow muffler and resonator. We are having a problem with it running way too rich. Its using the stock MX3 Harness and the DE ECU. We moved the battery to the back of the trunk/hatch to make room for the intake for clearance issues.

Since we moved the battery to the rear, the fuel pump is now not working properly and causes the car to not crank due to no fuel.

Anyone got some pointers on where to fix some issues so i can get this thing up and running? It was a project we started years ago, and gave up on and has just been decided to get up and running again.
    H&R Springs * Tokico Blues * 2.5L KLDE Swap * ZE Pistons * Colt Cams * Custom Cold Air Intake * Hot Shot Headers * Custom 2.5" Magnaflow Exhaust
    6 6 8 8 8 4 6 9 9 3

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it has something to do with either the JE50 MAF, or the K8 ECU.

Go to http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/index.php, and start asking questions. A lot of members in there have done the KL swap.

Comment

Well all you write suggest grounding, wire issues.
      No crank = no power. If you try and start, the starter will pull the engine around no matter if there is fuel or not. But without fuel, it wont fire.
      Have you measured the voltage between + and - on the starter engine?

Power issues is the first thing i would start to troubleshoot tbh. You moved the battery, something is not working anymore ---> moving the battery caused it ---> power related.
      Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
      Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

try running the K8 ecu.
        PaTricK
        ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

The battery issue isnt the main concern. Its the 2nd problem that ill have to work around getting fixed. Main issue is the very rich issue. Id hate to rip out the harness to replace it, and the ECU has been tried with a DE, ZE and the K8 and each one has a different issue.

im stumped when im 2nd hand picking up this project. Was originally my brothers when he was into the KL scene. He gave it all up for his Mini. *shrug*
          H&R Springs * Tokico Blues * 2.5L KLDE Swap * ZE Pistons * Colt Cams * Custom Cold Air Intake * Hot Shot Headers * Custom 2.5" Magnaflow Exhaust
          6 6 8 8 8 4 6 9 9 3

Comment

have you checked the injectors? maybe one of them is leaking.. its a simple possibility. grap a set of fuel rails from the JY switch out the fuel rails and see if that helps. its a 20 minute job
            Leo
            94 PGTze - sold vid 1 vid 3 vid 2
            98 Pontiac firebird formula WS6 the race car.
            95 PGT-T..AKA..The ReD GhoSt KLDE turbo Built by me ..sold

Comment

Originally posted by The Wraith View Post
              The battery issue isnt the main concern. Its the 2nd problem that ill have to work around getting fixed. Main issue is the very rich issue. Id hate to rip out the harness to replace it, and the ECU has been tried with a DE, ZE and the K8 and each one has a different issue.

im stumped when im 2nd hand picking up this project. Was originally my brothers when he was into the KL scene. He gave it all up for his Mini. *shrug*
              Get a chip?
              Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
              Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

What VAF are you using, the stock JE50 from the MX3 cuz you'd need to use the KL02 that mates with the DE ecu. Best option is just use a Probinator chipped K801 ECU or a KL31 or 36 ECU. I assume you have a curve neck intake on the engine.

Comment

Working...
                X