Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 43k miles engine that never made it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 43k miles engine that never made it!

Tonight i pulled the front VC to see what ever happened to my overboosted engine. Didnt go far into removing the cams yet but this is how it looks with them stil intact.
    I feel horrible to see this engine go bad as i've babysitted it since break in
    Anyway back to the pic:
    Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
    1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
    1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
    1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Originally posted by RigsPGT View Post
    Tonight i pulled the front VC to see what ever happened to my overboosted engine. Didnt go far into removing the cams yet but this is how it looks with them stil intact.
    I feel horrible to see this engine go bad as i've babysitted it since break in
    Anyway back to the pic:
    So what exactly happened to your engine? What do you mean overboosted? like you blew a head gasket? or you mean you detonated and put a hole in a piston? bearings spun?
    Chris Pace
    1997 PGTS - Silver w/ Black Stripes - totalled by a jerk in a 645 who doesn't know what a red light means.
    1997 PGTS - Black w/ White Stripes - work in progress

Comment

Mad thats really clean engine, I feel sorry for you.

Post the damage pics latter on.

Originally posted by CLPCLD View Post
      So what exactly happened to your engine? What do you mean overboosted? like you blew a head gasket? or you mean you detonated and put a hole in a piston? bearings spun?
      There is vid of the engine running with what sounds like a rod knock.
      Last edited by artsvetkov; April 13, 2008, 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
      Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
      1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

Dont know yet! It spiked to 15+ psi then i heard a screatching sound and the car shut off. After restarting it, it makes a tap like a valve and it runs as if on 5 cylinders. If i dont find anything on the valves, i will tear the bottom end.

Originally posted by artsvetkov View Post
        Mad thats really clean engine, I feel sorry for you.

Post the damage pics latter on.

There is vid of the engine running with what sounds like a rod knock.
        I compared mine to that and they sound differently thats why i started up top.
        Last edited by RigsPGT; April 13, 2008, 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

umm, why don't you do a compression test? or a leak down test? if you have zero compression then there you go
          96PGTZE~GREDDY~MAGNAFLOW~ACT
          FIDANZA~WILWOOD~AWR~RR-RACING~HS~OUTLAW
          PRD~MSD-WINDOWS~TEIN-SS~RX-8~ALPINE

Comment

Originally posted by unknowncitizen View Post
            umm, why don't you do a compression test? or a leak down test? if you have zero compression then there you go
            I'll try that tomorrow! I'd say the problem might be in the front bank as the plugs were covered in oil but until then will see.

Comment

compression test will give you the dead cyl, and leak down should tell you the problem area. Hopefully its not fatal, but in most cases when the engines make noise, there is no easy way out to fix it. Unless you go get engine overhaul can
              93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
              Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
              1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

probaly a valve keeper

Comment

I'd pull the cams and HLA's to check for a dropped valve before I'd turn it over any more.
                  '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
                  '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
                  '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Just finished removing the front cams and didnt find anything unusual. Tomorrow I will perform a leakdown test to see what can i find!

Comment

how dare you do that to that motor, shame on you.
                      1996 PGT, ZE, I|H|E|11lb FW|67mm TB|South Bend S2|Poly MM's|B&M STS|JJ Resy TP|Blue's|Eibach's|17mm Swaybar|Electric Cutout|Ethanol-Free Gasoline|210's & Nitrous..
                      1996 PGT, Barn Find, I|Rats
                      1995 Mx6, Sold , I|H|E|FW|MS
                      BOOST IN FIFTH!!!!!

Comment

well at leaste you have some nice heads to put on a new block.
                        First Probe 350Z Headlight/Honda S2000 tail light Conversion - SOLD
                        The bumble Probe - TRADED
                        Tangelo Orange Widebody 3000GT - Current

I will never be back in the "Probe Game", you can count on that.

Comment

Wow, that's clean.
                          JDM'd MX-6 owner. MX6.com Moderator.
                          Originally posted by Probesport
                          That MX6 makes the others look like 80's econoboxes. Nice work

Comment

Working...
                          X