Bonneville Dreamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat adaptation pic request

I am about to adapt some aftermarket lightweight composite seats into the PPM and I would like to see a few pics of how people did it. I was just going to cut the top part of the seat rails off at the welds and then either bolt the new brackets to them or weld them so that I have the original fwd/aft adjust-ability.

Or if you didn't even use the original rails -a few pics please?
    Last edited by KLZE Porsche; May 11, 2013, 06:15 AM.
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Comment

• I don't know if I have any pictures but I made mine out of square tube and flat steel. It worked best for my install because my seats are aluminum.
      ///M-POC
      SENSLES 448whp at 24psi Built by Me, Tuned by SHAODOME

Flyrtle 6 - Best 2nd Gen Probe
      MMX - PRD BEST of Show and 1st Place Unlimited Class
      MM8 - PRD BEST of Show

Comment

• I used flat steel, made a basic square taking measurements of the four mounting holes. Then put a cross in the middle of said square for strength. Once that was done I cut the feet off of the oem rails and welded those in place.
        Not bad for a second year education major with no fabrication skills lol
        1996 PGT atx...for now, Intake, exhaust, yonaka coilovers http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701306455...wrecked, put back to stock, Sold

1994 PGT MTX...http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701309068

Comment

• Originally posted by shaun708 View Post
          I used flat steel, made a basic square taking measurements of the four mounting holes. Then put a cross in the middle of said square for strength. Once that was done I cut the feet off of the oem rails and welded those in place.
          Not bad for a second year education major with no fabrication skills lol
          Pics?
          Restoration of a legend

Comment

• I have no pics of the build process...I could maybe snap some in car pics however, Would those be beneficial?
            I need to take pics when I do things but I get too excited and forget.
            1996 PGT atx...for now, Intake, exhaust, yonaka coilovers http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701306455...wrecked, put back to stock, Sold

1994 PGT MTX...http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701309068

Comment

• So whats the ppm look like? have you posted pics and I just missed it?
              95 GT Chameleon Beauty
              http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

• Originally posted by Caffeine930 View Post
                So whats the ppm look like? have you posted pics and I just missed it?
                I screwed up -like Shaun did and as I have done many times before and got too excited to get started on it and didn't take any before pictures. I am however -now taking photos often.

I have the window replacement scheduled for Monday and I believe I will pull it outside for that if the weather is good. And if that happens -I will take some photos -but so far it isn't much to show photos of. It is all stripped down. I removed all interiors and the engine bay is vacant "new tenants pending".
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                  I screwed up -like Shaun did and as I have done many times before and got too excited to get started on it and didn't take any before pictures. I am however -now taking photos often.

I have the window replacement scheduled for Monday and I believe I will pull it outside for that if the weather is good. And if that happens -I will take some photos -but so far it isn't much to show photos of. It is all stripped down. I removed all interiors and the engine bay is vacant "new tenants pending".
                  I know what you mean i do that too. Is it a wild orchid or a chameleon?
                  95 GT Chameleon Beauty

Comment

I know what you mean i do that too. Is it a wild orchid or a chameleon?
                    I believe it is chameleon. It shifts colors in the sunlight from pimpin' purple to sleezy shimmering green.
                    Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                      I believe it is chameleon. It shifts colors in the sunlight from pimpin' purple to sleezy shimmering green.
                      Pimpin purple to sleezy shimmering green That would be a chameleon same as mine. How did you match the color so when when you fixed the rust inside? Cant wait to see what you do to this thing
                      Last edited by Caffeine930; May 11, 2013, 10:29 PM.
                      95 GT Chameleon Beauty

Comment

Pimpin purple to sleezy shimmering green That would be a chameleon same as mine. How did you match the color so when when you fixed the rust inside? Cant wait to see what you do to this thing
                        I don't think the paint is an exact match.

Another Probe owner with a green metalic car told me the name of the place on-line to buy the paint. His was a perfect match on his -but doesn't quite look so perfectly matched with the Purple color. I guess the original paint could be severely sun faded. The original appears to have too much of a pink tone in it for my liking. However -the purple that I bought on-line (used on the floor pan) looks far better -and a little less pimpin'. I might spray the rest in the same purple to keep the purple theme going.
                        Last edited by KLZE Porsche; May 12, 2013, 09:12 AM.
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

OK -here is the exterior shot after the windscreen replacement:

So is this the Chameleon color?
                          Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Love it
                            I've Been Probed.

Comment

• no the Chameleon changes color. That's Boysenberry. So what are you doing now Mike, where has this thread changed course?
                              1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                              1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                              2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                              2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                              1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                                no the Chameleon changes color. That's Boysenberry. So what are you doing now Mike, where has this thread changed course?
                                This is the new test hog for the Bonneville Dreamer. I could have started a new thread -but -I figured that since one relates to another -why start a new thread.

This is the replacement for my red DD that was the previous test hog and so it will be driven daily to thoroughly test things out. I am now up to a 55 mile drive one way to work -getting close to as much as I was driving at my previous job. So the many hours spent driving -makes a perfect test bed for designed things. Also -there are a lot of Hondas on the road between here and work.

I am debating -if I want to start right out with the 6-speed testing. It would delay me getting it on the road some because -I still have yet to fab up mounts and things. But on the other hand -there is never a better time to throw something like that in -than when the car is totally gutted. So hmmmm....
                                Last edited by KLZE Porsche; May 13, 2013, 04:47 PM.
                                Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                                X