Bonneville Dreamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
    This is the new test hog for the Bonneville Dreamer.

But on the other hand -there is never a better time to throw something like that in -than when the car is totally gutted. So hmmmm....
    I think you hit it on the nail and I see now what your doing. So in the end it will still all end up in the RR probe ey!
    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1 View Post
      I think you hit it on the nail and I see now what your doing. So in the end it will still all end up in the RR probe ey!
      NO -the BD Probe!
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

OK -here is the exterior shot after the windscreen replacement:

So is this the Chameleon color?
        Yup she would be a chameleon. It's identical to mine. It's a 95 right?. Boysenberry looks almost similar but is darker.
        95 GT Chameleon Beauty
        http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

• well shoot the front bumper looks chameleon but the rest dont. Hmm
          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by Caffeine930 View Post
            Yup she would be a chameleon. It's identical to mine. It's a 95 right?. Boysenberry looks almost similar but is darker.
            NO -it is a 96 -however -it does shift from purple to greenish at various sunlight angles. The purple has a bit much of a pinkish hue to it. The glass guy described it as a "Girlish Purple".

The paint that I am getting (same as the floor board color) -from automotivetouchup.com has color code JJ and is called Boysenberry -but is also much darker than the paint on the car. It looks a little more "Manish" So I don't know which color the car is.
            Restoration of a legend

Comment

NO -it is a 96 -however -it does shift from purple to greenish at various sunlight angles. The purple has a bit much of a pinkish hue to it. The glass guy described it as a "Girlish Purple".

The paint that I am getting (same as the floor board color) -from automotivetouchup.com has color code JJ and is called Boysenberry -but is also much darker than the paint on the car. It looks a little more "Manish" So I don't know which color the car is.
              Hmm. Got me then cause as far as I know chameleon was a 95 only color but it does look identical to mine in my sig. Either way whatever the color I'm sure you will do great things with it.
              95 GT Chameleon Beauty
              http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

• Originally posted by Caffeine930 View Post
                Hmm. Got me then cause as far as I know chameleon was a 95 only color but it does look identical to mine in my sig. Either way whatever the color I'm sure you will do great things with it.
                I believe I may have a very rare 96 Chameleon. The title says the car is a 96 -but as said -the boysenberry color that I got from automotive touchup doesn't match at all. They don't list the Chameleon as a 96 color option and so I don't think it is supposed to be. But to me -it does look like the Chameleon. It is too bad that I didn't go the route of restoring it. But it is already too late for that. Too much modification surgury has occured. Even MJ would have been envious.

I will check the door jamb when I get home tonight for color code.

Just checked the code. It is T22 and I can't find it anywhere. The color code for the Boysenberry according to one of the color check websites is JJ -just like the paint that I ordered. However -it is not the same color as this car. There is so much difference that it cannot be paint fade. And also -places that have never seen sunlight -are very near or exactly the color as the exterior. Do I have a rarity that I just destroyed?
                Last edited by KLZE Porsche; May 14, 2013, 07:21 PM.
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Found Color!

I believe the color that people are referring to -as Chameleon is actually called Twilight Royal Pearl. It was a color in 95 but not showing for 96 anywhere that I look. So -I believe I just destroyed a rare 96 Twilight Royal Pearl -otherwise known as "Chameleon". Oh well! I have gone too far in the surgury now to turn back. Might as well proceed and keep hacking away.
                  Restoration of a legend

Comment

• New Bay Paint!

It was a beautiful morning with almost no wind and I had it already prepped and so:

Restoration of a legend

Comment

• looks as if it is brand new, Mike! Can't wait to see this baby on the Bonneville.
                      1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                      1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

• Originally posted by yellow2point0 View Post
                        looks as if it is brand new, Mike! Can't wait to see this baby on the Bonneville.
                        This one isn't going to Bonneville. This is the test car for all of the stuff that will be going within the blue car. However -since I had to tear it down so far to get to the stinky stuff for removal -I decided I might as well go a little further. I like clean engine bays!
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

• i love boysenberry. screw the chameleon.. nice choice.
                          1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

• You do good work
                            90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
                            93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
                            97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
                            90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

• Originally posted by pile_of_rd1 View Post
                              i love boysenberry. screw the chameleon.. nice choice.
                              I agree -the Chameleon was too pimpish looking for my taste.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                              You do good work
                              Tanks!
                              Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Getting Prepped for the wire harness:

I removed a few wires (to the tune of nearly 20 lbs) and decided this looked like a good place to hide the smaller harness.

And prepping the pop-ups for the autopals:
                                Last edited by KLZE Porsche; June 4, 2013, 07:57 PM.
                                Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                                X