Bonneville Dreamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by polarexpress17 View Post
    ew is that an auto chevy trans i see on the floor?
    NO -That would be a 1UZ-FE auto trans that will be replaced by an AP1.

Here she sits now (Although -the photo doesn't do her any justice at all):

The lighting is horrid and it makes the paint look all messed up. But I assure that she still looks exactly like she did when she rolled in and got polished and covered for storage. The cover will go back on tomorrow until the project begins. But I had to take the cover off to move it. I will probably put another coat of wax on it before covering it again. And then she won't be seen again until mean and nasty stuff is happening.
    Last edited by KLZE Porsche; August 2, 2012, 07:29 PM.
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Comment

• IM glad this project still has momentum.
      Posed by jicks = I'm either hungry or horny, so If you see me without a boner, make me a sandwhich.

Comment

• love the rims, by the way would you be able to build a motor for me with forged internals to handle around 500hp? or are you too busy?
        E85>KLZE MX-6 T3 Turbo, 1016cc/min injectors, Water to Air IC, 9lbs SPEC flywheel, Synapse 40mm wastegate, FuelLab AFPR, ACT 6puck sprung clutch, NGK AFX POWERDEX, Walbro 255 FP, Decat, No BOV, IAT MOD, King6 Poly Engine mountsMS 100% PNP from StratifiedAuto + J&S Safeguard Interceptor, rolling on 235-7x17" http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_811905_n.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithnMikkii View Post
          IM glad this project still has momentum.
          Yes -I don't forsee any end to the momentum. For now the momentum is in the growing collection of parts behind it. The collection keeps getting bigger and nastier. I am gonna have a lot of fun when I can finally get to start building the beast.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Originally posted by sleepinglh View Post
          love the rims, by the way would you be able to build a motor for me with forged internals to handle around 500hp? or are you too busy?
          I am sorry -but I don't build engines for people. However, I would be happy to show you how to do so or give you any tips that you need.
          Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Little bitty update!

Well a lot has happened over the past year and so there were more delays upon delays for me getting back to this. Things are finally settling and so I am now beginning to slowly roll back into it.

My daily was totaled and that was my test hog for the BD. I found a nice rust-free PGT (Purple Pimp Mobile) and I have been prepping it. I forgot to take a bunch of before photos -as I often tend to do. However, I have been taking a few of the during photos while it is under the knife. I am sorry that I have not taken more. The history seems so incomplete without the full photo history.

I will begin posting some photos of it soon. I am in the progress of trying to make it road worthy and as lightweight as possible (while still retaining the stock interior "look" -so that I don't get pulled over by the po po. But when it pulls up on the scale -the indication will look nothing like what one would expect to see with full "looking" interiors.

Picks are soon to come. Stay tuned.
            Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Super glad to see this thread is still alive
              1996 PGT atx...for now, Intake, exhaust, yonaka coilovers http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701306455...wrecked, put back to stock, Sold

1994 PGT MTX...http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701309068

Comment

• Can't wait to see your updates, Mike! :-)
                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

• ... And shes not dead yet! Love this thread, always something new and interesting to be learned from it! Glad to see the hard times havnt completely stalled your progress, just delayed it Keep it coming!
                  1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
                  Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
                  1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
                  2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

• Originally posted by BradsPGT View Post
                    ... And shes not dead yet! Love this thread, always something new and interesting to be learned from it! Glad to see the hard times havnt completely stalled your progress, just delayed it Keep it coming!
                    No -she certainly isn't dead. I am slowly building momentum with it now as I am beginning to have a few more minutes of spare time.

The PPM (Purple Pimp Moble) had a cracked front glass and so water had been leaking in while it sat dead for over a year before I bought it. So I put a heater inside and kept it cooking the air for several hours and on several days -hoping to dry up all of the moisture. After that -it still had a strong mildew smell inside So out came all of the interiors and I stripped away all of the sound deadening material from the carpet. With nothing in the car -it still had a strong smell of mildew. Rust had gotten to the one seat bolt bracket with the stud and the pull handle assembly for the trunk and gas door. I picked up a new latch handle assembly from a newer 626 and did a little work on the cable ends and it looks as good as new.

So -still trying to tackle the mildew smell -I decided to strip away the tar like deadening material -and sure enough -there was water entrapment and it was nasty. However -no resultant rust!

I will sand blast the seat stud bracket and then powdercoat it and that should also be good afterwards. So there is no more rust inside now and the mildew smell is gone. It is time for a new windshield now.
                    Last edited by KLZE Porsche; April 28, 2013, 08:10 AM.
                    Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Can't wait to see more progress mike.
                      96 probe gt KLZE with a new ZE Gutted and junked
                      94 probe gt sold,93 probe gt sold
                      first 96 probe gt KLZE sold
                      NEW 93 pgt KLZE swapped. Boosted axed and sold
                      2004 srt4 on 22 psi the dd

Comment

• Fresh pimpin' color

Nice and refreshed after rust removal:

No more moldy mildew:

New Release Levers:

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; May 10, 2013, 07:22 PM.
                        Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Prepping the dash

Doing a little more work on the faux dash:

There are a few luxuries that I can't do without.

1) Power Steering

2) Power Windows (2/70 AC)

3) And Heat/defrost

So -if you have to keep em -might as well make em as lightweight as possible.
                          With everything installed as a completely modular unit -it is far lighter than just the dash was alone before I started. This includes adding the modified heater/defroster and the filter unit that some might recognize. I wanted to see if filtering the air was a possibility.
                          Restoration of a legend

Comment

• lol, so is that a Probe chopped up hvac unit? brilliant, I too need heat in the winter months.
                            1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                            1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                            2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                            2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                            1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                              lol, so is that a Probe chopped up hvac unit? brilliant, I too need heat in the winter months.
                              Yes it is. I hacked and hacked and then did a lot of plastic welding. I have always hated how quickly dirt and dust invades my probes and I figured it was due to the lack of any outside air filtering.

I also have a respiratory problem and it just made sense to try an air filter I am going to try to see how successful I can be at making the car nearly air tight with only a flue for selectable fresh air.

I welded on some mounting tabs and the made it so that the hot air unit is an integral part of the dash. It makes dash only one more step difficult to remove than stock -disconnecting the hot water lines. I am also adding a water shut-off valve (that probes lack) from a Honda. Lots of Hondas have manual heater water shut-off valves. This way I can cut down even more on unwanted heat in the cockpit during hot summer driving months.

Hopefully the air intake filter will draw through enough air. If not -I used a cut section of an original air box with the latches so that I can still remove it without much difficulty.
                              Last edited by KLZE Porsche; May 4, 2013, 05:53 AM.
                              Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Originally posted by DRAG323
                                Good head job
                                I gotta say to that.
                                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Working...
                                X