No announcement yet.

Ford Probe GT 2.5L KLDE Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So polar is driving a Chevy ecobox while still building badass turbo probes. I can live with that. But what I can't live with is utilizing KL injector rails when u have the ability to weld in top feed anything u want. Acura 3.0L tails with lsx injectors!
    Last edited by mac1; June 3, 2015, 09:50 PM.
    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Thanks mike, in this case Ken had a set of 850cc injectors, which got lost. So he had to but another set of 850s and decided because of the $ spent to just stick with the side feeds. I have fuel rail stock for top feeds though.
      95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
      Built, Not Bought.
      No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Yea, I suck. It happens. lol

Comment

Here are some more updates for the exhaust beyond what was posted yesterday.

Comment

nice work
            Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

Even more pictures, I cannot begin to describe well enough how great the quality and craftsmanship that Tim at TSD Fabrication produces. It's top notch!

Ignore the hole, picture was taken before it was welded shut.

Rear of the exhaust is hung

Only thing left to do is finish welding the collectors and then add one more 80-90* elbow to the exhaust up to the cat/flex pipe.
              Last edited by Onyxhammer; June 4, 2015, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Nice stuff! Glad to see people are keeping at it... my probe is still on the back burner! Excited to see this new manifold as well!
                Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Hopefully within the next 2 weeks the intake should be done or very close to it, pending other work load, but we're super excited to get it built and test how this particular prototype will work.

I'm picking up a 75mm trickflow for it and then we'll add the FMIC components afterwards. Once we get everything running and the car caged, it's getting sent out for paint and coming back to the shop to get buttoned back together. Hopefully done in a 2-3 months.

Comment

Keep it coming, build is looking bad ass
                    1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
                    1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
                    2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
                    2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                    2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

• Thanks Plx! I've been gathering parts for soooooo freaking long and then hitting college + full time job really really put a damper on working on the car. So glad I met up with Tim so I could finally get this thing road ready.

Comment

• This isn't the same car you were painting and had sprayed the engine bay the custom gunmetal is it? What happened to it?

Comment

• Its not however, this car will get painted the same color because only the engine bay was painted on the car from the earlier pictures, the rest of the car never got painted (it was just primer) and it sat outside for a winter when I wasn't in VA and my dad never caught that it was uncovered so it got surface rust all over everything.

I could've fixed it easily enough but I had another donor car lined up anyways so we're just swapping it into the new car so I dont have to worry about any rust issues.

No harm done, I had 1qt of paint in the bay and only had $400? in that chassis.

Comment

• I completely understand, I just noticed this bay wasn't painted the same color. It's gonna be a baller build when it's done, beautiful work so far guys keep it up

Comment

• Beautiful work so far! Glad I'm not the only one who is a firm believer in vbands! I can't wait to get back from my tour in Korea to once again go at it.

Please keep the updates coming
                              1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                              1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

• I absolutely love vbands even if they are mad expensive. I can't stand taking apart the normal bolt/flange/gasket setups they just take forever.

There won't be too much for updates this week due to other work loads but starting next week the intake is the next step to get completed and then we'll work on the FMIC setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X