X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You paint the outside yet?

Comment

1 month and no updates

I better not see a freaken part out thread!
      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Bumping my old thread.

Ran into a huge bump in the progress of this car.

I was finishing up my last year of college and my thesis destroyed every breathing second I had. However, as of today (a year later, I'm sorry guys) I'm back at it again! I'm going down to VA in two weeks to get the car to install my suspension, steering, brakes, etc to get a rolling chassis. Its all ordered and will be there as soon as I get there!

College kinda ruined this car and put me on a dead stop, but thankfully my dad and I have a storage unit so it's been sitting in storage untouched (checked on it about once a month to ensure no mice, rotated the motor to keep it somewhat free, and made sure nothing else happened)

So to update you guys on this thread since its been ages the following is what is getting done in two weeks:

-Suspension (stock for right now until I find some ksports)
        -Brakes (ordered Mazda Speed6 calipers and hardware, rotors, and pads to go with the 245/45R17's that are on the car)
        -King6Fab front & rear cross members (don't have time to fab my own and have no problems supporting Darren since he's been doing us all a major favor by providing parts for these cars)
        -King6Fab Lateral Arms/Trailing Arms
        -King6Fab ULinks

Once I get down to my shop after all these parts are shipped its coming back with me to OH so I can rebuild this car and this thread to how it was when I was working so diligently on it.

So no Mac1, no part out thread. This car will die with me in an incomplete state before I ever sell it.

Major obstables to go as of today that will be address by next month at the lastest:

- Mounting turbo/FMIC
        - Tapping the VC's for a catch can
        - (Been working on some custom designs for a intake) Dropping the car off at a fab shop here in Columbus to have them build the intake for me
        - Wire up MS (sadly, still a mystery to me (kinda - I get the basics) and tuning)
        - (Before the thread died) I had the entire interior back together so some simply tidying up and cleaning(minus stereo)
        - Painting outside of car (its in primer and I checked on it last month, still no issues with the primer. However, it's going to get sanded a bunch then I'm going to lay a thin layer of primer and then paint it)

So apologies to everyone who was following the thread, college got the best of this build for a year =(
        Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 6, 2014, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Well, to update the thread again, I've finally made it back to VA after my year hiatus of college. I got a lot of parts shipped to the shop, pulled the car out of storage, and got started on the basic things that I had.

So at the current moment here is what I did today (after I spent ALL dang day doing a timing chain on an '06 Mazdaspeed6, which is quite a PITA since you need a special tool to set the timing for the cams and another tool to set the timing for the crank, thankfully the Ford dealership across the street had them).

Tonight's updates:

I installed the front cross member, took less than 30 seconds:

I removed the lateral/trailing arms, sway bar, and sway bar links from the rear end

I painted the support for the rear suspension

I cleaned up the interior of the car and my boxes and spread them out on the bench

Lastly, I removed the original suspension so I can install the KSports tomorrow

Things to accomplish tomorrow:

-Finish up the Mazda Speed6 (installing downpipe)

-Install the following-
          KSports
          Brakes/Rotors/lines
          Rear cross member
          Traction bars
          Axles
          Lateral arms/Trailing arms
          U-Links & Sway bar (pulling one from my '98 626)

Remove cam cap from my '98 626 for installation on my '93 KLDE head (will need to triple validate tolerances/line hone capabilities to ensure it fits properly so I have a cam sensor)

At the moment, that's all I can think of.

Ignore the mess (this is one half of the shop and we recently tore down one of our storage shed so the entire right side of our shop has nothing but 454 BBC motors (Probably 15+) on the floor. (Behind the blue Snapon box if you are wondering)
          Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 23, 2014, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Here's some pictures of the rear cross member

Rear cross member with lower trans mount and traction bar mount:

I have the rear cross member almost ready to go once I finalize a few things above it (shift linkage)
            Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 23, 2014, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Have a few jacks handy for that rear cross member. When i installed the prototype for Cityracer, none of the bolts lined up while the car was jacked up. The chassis flex's too much for how many bolt holes there are on the cross member. So i had to jack up different parts of the body to get different bolt holes to line up. Its kind of a pain, but works in the end.
              PaTricK
              ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Onyx, good to see ! The Cross members look great cleaned up and painted, nice Job

Comment

very surprised your crosmember for the front lined up perfectly. Mine was a major PITA.

MonoxideChild has a good point... I think I should've used this advice instead of "machining" some of the wholes on the mounts and brackets a "tad bit larger" :-D
                  1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                  1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

Where do you install those pistols?
                    I've Been Probed.

Comment

To update the thread:

I spent all of Sunday working on a buddies Speed6 to find out his turbo is completely junk. I grabbed the exhaust side shaft and the amount of play was just crazy. So for his car its getting a new slightly larger turbo with all the supporting mods. Changing a timing chain on a DISI 2.3L without the special tools is a pain in the rear. Its odd not having a key for the crank for timing.

However, back to my car:

I was able to get the following installed:
                      -Front cross member
                      -Rear cross member (installed with no problems, just had to get all the bolts in and then torque it down.
                      -Trailing arms
                      -Lateral arms
                      -U-links
                      -KSports (front and rear)
                      -New brakes (front and rear)
                      -Installed shift linkage

Only picture I grabbed (didn't have any light behind the car and my phone lost enough power after this one to take another with flash (no KSports or new brakes installed in this picture)

What I have left to do at this moment under the car for suspension/steering/braking:
                      -Install sway bar (mine is broke)
                      -Finalize checking brakes (Currently stock at the moment, looking for some 2piston BBK setup at the moment)
                      -Adjust suspension (getting it close then sending it to another shop for alignment)
                      -Throw on my Enkei Evo 5 spokes with 245/45R17 Nittos
                      -Install the traction bars

This should get the underside of the car completed for the trip the car is going to make from VA to OH so I can work on the car more frequently. I'm already back in OH and the car is in storage at the moment. I'm going back down to VA the weekend of the 14th of next month.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Originally posted by branscoset View Post
                      Where do you install those pistols?
                      The pistons were installed at Transfer Performance in Transfer PA (North western PA)
                      Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 27, 2014, 02:53 AM.

Comment

I keep finding Evo rims for sale and can't pass them up. Got 4 of these for $300 and the guy delivered them to my shop. I can't complain

Comment

Looking good! The evo wheels should fit nicely i know they fit rather flush on the 1g's
                          1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
                          1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
                          2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
                          2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                          2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

I have a set of 10 spokes on my DD with 245/45R17 that fit really nice. Now I just have 2 sets of Enkei's the work pretty well.

So to keep anyone else up to date on the car (beyond what is listed above):

I've been doing some research on a 2piston caliper set for the fronts that may/may not fit on the stock 16's. I'm waiting to get a finalized price on some calipers from some guys in the DC area to see if can modify the stock bracket, or make my own. I've searched the forums pretty relentlessly and can't say that I've seen anyone do/try what I'm going to. Should be able to 'start attempting' on the 14th of next month when I get down to my shop again to hit the drawing board with them.

Comment

please post pics with enkeis installed if you could as im about to buy a set in like 2 weeks
                              92 PGTt3/t4, hks pipes, large fmic, 460cc inj, chipped, tucked
                              89 MX6 GT planned KL swap + nitrous + turbo
                              93' PGT Junked
                              93' PGT Sold... then riced out.

Comment

Here's a pic of my car with the evo enekis on it before I sold them
                                97 gt rio red gt...full kl31 ZE swap...2.5" mandrel bent exhaust...SSAC headers...sts...CAI...pheno spacers. ..SS clutch and brake lines...aeromotive fpr...AEM wideband...mx3 flywheel...ACT 6 puck clutch...tokico illuminas...eibach ground control coilovers........

Comment

Working...
                                X