No announcement yet.

97 detailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travis, Your Probe looks nice man, wow !

Partch, you can get the chin spoiler from Stangmods.com. It is for a 99 to 04 model and it is on sale now for around 69 bucs

Comment

thank youi
      Minnesota Probe owner, Looking for others in Minnesota

Comment

Dam that looks good. I definitely like those wheels on your car. Im usually not a fan of the black lipped rims because it makes the tire sidewall look huge, but with the silver car and polished/chrome centres it looks very good. Maybe we'll get to see this car in person this summer at a meet
        1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
        Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
        1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
        2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

Thanks guys! I appreciate it, I haven't actually purchased these rims yet. I have to see if one is repairable. If it is I will be buying them as soon as possible and putting on new tires. My schedule is retarded with school/work and home renovations. But I am done school mid june, should be done my reno by late june. And will hopefully be working full time by July. So anytime after that I can do a meet.

Want to thank ScottD961 for the heads up on the mach 1 lip sale. Just purchased one for $70.00 with free shipping to Canada!

Also I am looking into fabricating a strut tower brace. I was looking into building the mount that attaches to the strut out of 3/16" or 1/4" aluminum and countersinking the nuts a bit to have enough threaded onto the strut bolt. I was then considering fabricating the cross section with 1/8" wall square tubing.

Would 1/8" aluminum square tubing be suffice?, I expect little from this performance wise. I just want it to hold up and look nice pretty much
          Last edited by 93pgtravis; April 30, 2013, 08:07 PM.
          97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

Any time Travis/Partch. I got mine from there awhile ago.It's still in the box (sigh). Another member on here gave me a heads up on it though, so I can't take the credit. I was admiring his car and realized it had a lip and asked him about it. Wish I could remember what is name was.

Comment

^^ Me I think lol. I've been asked multiple times about my lip/pricing I dont even remember who all I've told.

And Travis, as far as square tubing, I would look at going with round tubing. I think square will look odd/out of place as a strut brace. But thats just my opinion..
              1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
              Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
              1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
              2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

well the mach 1 lip is out of stock until later on this month, but I purchased one and it should be shipped as soon as they have more come in.

Also I started the brace today out of steel instead of aluminum. Going to make it adjustable and I may take the pipe into consideration.

Also I had brought the 18" konig rim to a rim repair shop, apparently the damage is worse than it initially appeared. So it can be done but $$$. So I'll probably put the whole buying aftermarket rims thing on hold

on a side note it feels good to finally make progress with this car, I'm hoping to convert it to manual in a few weeks. So that should be interesting.
                Last edited by 93pgtravis; May 1, 2013, 03:36 PM.

2001 626

Comment

Originally posted by BradsPGT View Post
                  ^^ Me I think lol. I've been asked multiple times about my lip/pricing I dont even remember who all I've told.

And Travis, as far as square tubing, I would look at going with round tubing. I think square will look odd/out of place as a strut brace. But thats just my opinion..
                  Brad I think you may be right about that. I think it was you that I asked

Comment

Another update, today I was fortunate enough to have my car hit in my work parking lot. They were nice enough to ruin my bumper and drive away. Can't wait to find damage on a coworkers car.

2001 626

Comment

Originally posted by 93pgtravis View Post
                      Another update, today I was fortunate enough to have my car hit in my work parking lot. They were nice enough to ruin my bumper and drive away. Can't wait to find damage on a coworkers car.
                      Seriously ?? That just sucks!! How bad is it? Front or back? I may have access to a good back one if you need?

Comment

When I first saw the damage I immediately lost my cool. Turns out I may have exaggerated the damage a bit. I noticed when I cooled down some that It isn't nearly as bad as I first thought it was. It was hit in the front drivers side of the bumper and Scraped the paint from the there to the front plate.

2001 626

Comment

Originally posted by 93pgtravis View Post
                          When I first saw the damage I immediately lost my cool. Turns out I may have exaggerated the damage a bit. I noticed when I cooled down some that It isn't nearly as bad as I first thought it was. It was hit in the front drivers side of the bumper and Scraped the paint from the there to the front plate.
                          I'd lose my cool too man.. Hopefully its something that will buff out! no pun intended...
                          89 GT, 95 GT 2.0, 96 GT, 90 CRX SI[parted out], 2001 Civic LX

Comment

I'm going to run it through the car wash tomorrow lol. it'll need a little touch up, But I was planning on having the hood and light covers touched up this summer. I believe the bumper was replaced before. It's a darker silver than the rest of the car.

The worst part is I always park my car as far away from other vehicles as possible. Doesn't seem to change anything though, I don't have door dings but people just flat out hit me.
                            Last edited by 93pgtravis; May 8, 2013, 08:31 PM.

2001 626

Comment

Sorry to hear that. It does seem though that whenever you park somewhere that has no other cars around, you will always get someone who will drive out of their way and park right next to you ! I hope it's not serious.

Comment

Well i haven't put my mach 1 lip on but I've been busy and I was able to wax it this weekend.

Last edited by 93pgtravis; July 28, 2013, 07:17 PM.

2001 626

Comment

Working...
                                X