No announcement yet.

My new CAR!!!! Fastest EvAr!!1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet! But yet again I was thinking of spending 80-100 bucks on a DUAL AIR FILTER INTAKE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634
    Halo 3: 5 Star General (6000 EXP)

XBL Tag: Jimmy Bags

"I like how strippers try to glamourize their jobs by calling themselves professional dancers"
    C619

Comment

• looks nice, what kind of filter? can you change it to a K&N or something?
      1988 Nissan 300ZX Turbo SS : My Shiro Special site. Limited edition Z31 model.
      Engine: K&N Intake, HKS Exhaust, Poly motor mounts
      Suspension: ST front springs, SS rear springs, full poly bushing set and spring seats, BILSTEIN shocks/struts, Cusco front strut brace
      The last last letter of the alphabet is also the last word in sports cars: Z
      Dyno 5-14-05: 175.17 HP @ 5200rpm & 200.36 Torque @ 3800rpm

Comment

• Originally posted by 86ZX-Turbo
        looks nice, what kind of filter? can you change it to a K&N or something?
        Yes I can But those ^^ suppose to give you up to 16 hp!! PFFT, prolly more like 5-6

"I like how strippers try to glamourize their jobs by calling themselves professional dancers"
        C619

Comment

• get on aol =P

Comment

• Originally posted by varsitypride3
            get on aol =P
            Iight! ;D

C619

Comment

• i dig the rubber padded hose clamp!
              NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

• Originally posted by chris619
                Sweet! But yet again I was thinking of spending 80-100 bucks on a DUAL AIR FILTER INTAKE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634
                If you have to have an aftermarket intake, I'd say get the Vararam V-1B. The ziptie mod is still better than the flowmaster from the dynos I've seen.

The opened airbox has a huge air filter inside. A K&N with the ziptie gave around 15-20 hp at the wheels to most of the dynos I've seen. You can get the racing foam/oil airfilter from AMSOIL.

G.
                Last edited by Manteuffel; July 6, 2004, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Manteuffel
                  If you have to have an aftermarket intake, I'd say get the Vararam V-1B. The ziptie mod is still better than the flowmaster from the dynos I've seen.

The opened airbox has a huge air filter inside. A K&N with the ziptie gave around 15-20 hp at the wheels to most of the dynos I've seen. You can get the racing foam/oil airfilter from AMSOIL.

G.
                  HOLY SHIT! Dude, i'm so gonna save 750 dollars by not getting the dual flowmaster and go with the ziptie air filter mod! YOU ROCK!

Gracias por toda tu ayuda! Por favor dame mas informacion que yo puedo usar para ser mi caro MAS RAPIDO! You can post the mods in here if you want!

EDIT: Oh and I coudln't find anything about the Vararam intake!
                  http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Var...t&cop=mss&tab=
                  Last edited by chris619; July 6, 2004, 03:45 PM.

C619

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowSE
                    my car cost a good bit more than his did

if i wanted one, i could have bought one

you can be quiet now
                    You paid like, what $24K for an RSX? Chris paid $17K for a Corvette.

Chris wins.
                    Stephen Wilds #303
                    PhotoPOC
                    BMW 328i
                    BMW Z4

Comment

• wow, quite enthusiastic I'd say... it almost sounded sarcastic.

As for the vararam, here is the manufacturer who makes it.

http://www.vararam.com/

There isn't much else that can be done with easy bolt ons. Oil, airfilter, ziptie/intake.
                      So far, I've found out that AMSOIL oil for the motor, the differential and the gearbox should free a few hps. I.E. if it dynoed stock ~313 you might see around ~326 after the oil change. The Ziptie with a K&N is proven to give you around 15-20 at the wheels, so take 7 for the oil and 15 for the intake and that makes 22 hps for a few bucks. Obviously in the grand scheme of things it aint much but cheap power is alwas cheap power!

The main advantage of the Vararam intake is that it uses ram-air principle thus making it excellent at high speeds. A fellow Z06 owner tested the air pressure at the manifold and the stock airbox showed a drastic loss in pressure at speeds above 60mph. The vararam showed zero loss of pressure and the stock airbox with a ziptie showed just minimal decrease.

The places I go to check stuff out are
                      http://www.z06vette.com/
                      http://www.corvetteforum.com/

Both are good places.

Let me know.

G.

Originally posted by chris619
                      HOLY SHIT! Dude, i'm so gonna save 750 dollars by not getting the dual flowmaster and go with the ziptie air filter mod! YOU ROCK!

Gracias por toda tu ayuda! Por favor dame mas informacion que yo puedo usar para ser mi caro MAS RAPIDO! You can post the mods in here if you want!

EDIT: Oh and I coudln't find anything about the Vararam intake!
                      http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Var...t&cop=mss&tab=

Comment

• I've finally had a chance to read the entire thread and I've seen quite a few "hate-full" responses, wether it was for mileage reasons, for being a Vette reasons, or for "I just paid more for mine" reasons... Very dissapointing, to say the least... All I have to say is: Congrats on the new toy, Chris. Enjoy your 'official mid-life crisis' vehicle, because it sure is a lot of fun to drive!!

G.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silver93SE
                          No way.

200 indicated maybe. But actual? Not possible. The 6-speed is drag limited to about 175mph. There is no way it's physically possible for a heavier ATX with steeper gearing to run faster. It will run into the same aerodynamic brick wall that the manual does.
                          FYI, the 6-speed C5 coupe is not drag limited to 175, it is gear limited to around 182 mph. At 182, the 5th gear tops in redline. The few C5s I've seen will pull all the way to redline, 6k in 5th gear. The 6th gear is too tall for 345-350 hps to pull. You need 650hps or a 3.90/4.10 rear axle to make it usable.

G.

Comment

• Oh, okay. I've always seen top speed numbers for the C5 and figured that it was drag limited like most sports cars. I knew it topped out in 5th but never considered that it could pull all the way to redline.

But it doesn't change the fact that no stock C5 can hit 200. Unless it's taking a shortcut down Pike's Peak.
                            Steve -- Vice President of DPOC!

- .... .. ... / .. ... / -. --- - / .- / .--. --- .-.. .. - .. -.-. .- .-.. / ... .. --.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silver93SE
                              But it doesn't change the fact that no stock C5 can hit 200. Unless it's taking a shortcut down Pike's Peak.
                              Maybe it was riding on 13" Daytons, making the speedo wildly inaccurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by supergoat
                                You paid like, what $24K for an RSX? Chris paid $17K for a Corvette.

Chris wins.
                                Robert's car is a good bit more than 24k.

Why compare a new RSX with a used Corvette, anyway? Completely different class right there....all coming down to what both of them wanted.

~SumR
                                I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X