No announcement yet.

FE3 RX-8 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the server went down last night and lost my update. Long story short, I extended steering shaft 1-3/4" to compensate for the rack relocation. I used 7/8" .120 wall DOM tubing.

V groves increase the surface area for the weld.

Last edited by artsvetkov; May 22, 2016, 07:23 AM.
    93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
    Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
    1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

I got the sway bar mounted, I used coupling nuts to extend the studs.

This is a crappy picture, but you can see the coupling nut on it. Later I will size a spacer for the stud that way my square tube won't buckle when I tighten the nuts.

Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.

Comment

You have my interest.
        Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
        PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
        1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
        1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

wow...just gorgeous...
          1989 Ford Probe LX
          2016 Hyundai Tucson

Comment

Got FMIC mounted today.

I also test fitted the radiator

Lower outlet is too close to the steering rack, so I will have to extend lower rad brackets about 5/8".

Comment

Sweeeeeeet...

Comment

With the sterring rack did you move it down or forward?

Comment

It's on a slope, so mostly down and a little bit forward.

Comment

I got the fuel rail drilled today for my 80# Siemens EV1 injectors. Due to space constraints I will most likely end up doing center feed returnless set up.

Just enough to get my AC line in.

Comment

Got the fuel rail mounts done.

Comment

A quick update, the build is still going on but at much slower pace, I'm gathering parts for a next stage. I got IC piping sitting in a box and got AFPR and fuel fitting coming in tomorrow.

Comment

Any idea how you are doing the AFPR? are you adding a fuel return line? are you going to near tank mount it? Any ideas? Note the rx8 is a returnless fuel system and runs at around 55 psi
                          Turbo'd by 2009...

Comment

Originally posted by dacycle2 View Post
                            Any idea how you are doing the AFPR? are you adding a fuel return line? are you going to near tank mount it? Any ideas? Note the rx8 is a returnless fuel system and runs at around 55 psi
                            Why do I have 2 lines running to the engine, I'm sure I saw a FPR on old rail too.

Just did some googling, looks like pain in the butt.

Update: now I'm really confused, I have two lines going into engine bay and old rail with fuel pressure regulator.

Last edited by artsvetkov; August 30, 2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

One supply one return?

Comment

No, one supply and another evap.

After looking more into it, looks like I will go with returnless system center feeding the rail. It's in tank recirculation which should help keeping the fuel from heat soak, also factory FPR is set to 60psi so that's good if I plan on running around 20psi of boost I should still be around 40psi fuel - boost difference. I think I will do 255lph pump and mod siphone tube for more flow.
                                Last edited by artsvetkov; September 3, 2016, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X