Level 10 trans ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level 10 trans ???

Well after busting my 5th tranny iv been searching ways to fix the issue with are weak sause trannys. So far the results seem to be iffy.

Option 1: Do nothing and keep swaping out junkyard ones.

Option 2: Get the PAR engineering gear set and some kind of LSD diff.

Option 3: Instead of paying the money on PAR gears see if i can get an adapter plate to fit a different tranny.

Option 4: Swap out the 5speed and get the Level 10 auto trans.

If i get the auto from level 10 they say its bullet proof and all but Thats really going to kill the fun facter when driving the car. Not only that i would have to custom make the turbo kit to fit the auto trans.

So what do you PPL think about this? Id like to get alot of feed back so please share what you think.
    The come back kid
    96 Ford Probe Turboed 12.202 @ 118.74 R.I.P
    97 Mx-6 all motor 13.7 @ 98 parted out
    88 Mx-6 Turbo Classic 14.5@93 SOLD
    93 323 hatchV6 turbo! To be announced

Do you have a tranny Saver?
    You could try to have the tranny reinforced at the rear mount (assuming the tranny is breaking or cracking from the mount)

traction bars if wheel hop is a contributing factor.

2.25" stainless exhaust, Headers, CAI, AWR mounts, B&M Short Throw, Jacobs Pro-street, Front/Rear Strut brace, clear corners, Colt 210/210, Interprep valve springs, Aasco flywheel, CM IIR clutch, ZE IM, phenos

Comment

option 2 or option 3, would be my go. option 2 would be more of choice for me, as i would like to know more about what i could do to build one of these myself. so my choice for you would be 2!

Originally posted by t_masters View Post
      You could try to have the tranny reinforced at the rear mount (assuming the tranny is breaking or cracking from the mount)

you must not be on here much....
      Last edited by 97fordprogt; December 3, 2008, 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Its not that bro its the weak trans we have. After you put down some serious TQ the shafts in the tranny flex and pull apart are weak gears. And are diff are weak.
        The come back kid

Comment

Originally posted by WestPalmGT View Post
          Well after busting my 5th tranny iv been searching ways to fix the issue with are weak sause trannys. So far the results seem to be iffy.

Option 1: Do nothing and keep swaping out junkyard ones.

Option 2: Get the PAR engineering gear set and some kind of LSD diff.

Option 3: Instead of paying the money on PAR gears see if i can get an adapter plate to fit a different tranny.

Option 4: Swap out the 5speed and get the Level 10 auto trans.

If i get the auto from level 10 they say its bullet proof and all but Thats really going to kill the fun facter when driving the car. Not only that i would have to custom make the turbo kit to fit the auto trans.

So what do you PPL think about this? Id like to get alot of feed back so please share what you think.

keep in mine the fastest cars in the world are autos. once u get to the 10sec its not to many people that can shift that fast. i say auto all the way nothing wrong running 11s in a auto.
          94 Probe V6 Turboed ZE 10psi 334.8 Hp & 313 Tq
          60" - Unknown ( Best Unknown )
          1/8 - Unknown
          1/4 - Unknown
          RaceWeight 2658 www.myspace.com/badassprobe

Comment

Its not that bro its the weak trans we have. After you put down some serious TQ the shafts in the tranny flex and pull apart are weak gears. And are diff are weak.
            Thats why i was wondering because when your saying breaking tranny's im not sure what part of the tranny your talking about...

You should specify so that we can be more specific with our answers..

Are you breaking the Diff? OR stripping gears..
            Of the 5 - what did you break

2.25" stainless exhaust, Headers, CAI, AWR mounts, B&M Short Throw, Jacobs Pro-street, Front/Rear Strut brace, clear corners, Colt 210/210, Interprep valve springs, Aasco flywheel, CM IIR clutch, ZE IM, phenos

Comment

Thats why i was wondering because when your saying breaking tranny's im not sure what part of the tranny your talking about...

You should specify so that we can be more specific with our answers..

Are you breaking the Diff? OR stripping gears..
              Of the 5 - what did you break
              Ok your kinda new and i should have done that for the newbies. So think all of the above

1. cracked cases
              2. Diff pops
              3. 3rd gear says um...no
              Iv done all of these just as many onthers here.

And im not looking for answers im looking for opinions there are now right or wrong answers only options.
              The come back kid

Comment

how much boost are you running. I've read most people run safely around 11 psi. Around 14 psi the trannies start blowing apart. However...I would run tops 10-11 psi with the engine on stock internals and megasquirted. Anywho, I would build the tranny, I'm putting the turbo in my car this spring, Im also concerned about the tranny. I want to build both the engine and tranny internally, I think im gonna do the engine, stay at 10 psi then do the tranny to boost higher. So i would rebuild a 5 speed! Hey if you looked into prices or places where to get those part PM me!!
                93 Probe GT
                Its not a PROBLEM. It's a PROBE LUM

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._5571185_n.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by phatgt4me View Post
                  how much boost are you running. I've read most people run safely around 11 psi. Around 14 psi the trannies start blowing apart. However...I would run tops 10-11 psi with the engine on stock internals and megasquirted. Anywho, I would build the tranny, I'm putting the turbo in my car this spring, Im also concerned about the tranny. I want to build both the engine and tranny internally, I think im gonna do the engine, stay at 10 psi then do the tranny to boost higher. So i would rebuild a 5 speed! Hey if you looked into prices or places where to get those part PM me!!
                  I promis you your tranny will break with anything over 200 hp 200 tq. I dont care how you look at it or how you get to it the 5speed trannys dont hold up. If you drive it everyday and do light racing then i could see the tranny lasting a bit longer. But im talking aboput racing a probe with 371hp 361tq like i have.
                  The come back kid

Comment

true dat.

I promis you your tranny will break with anything over 200 hp 200 tq. I dont care how you look at it or how you get to it the 5speed trannys dont hold up. If you drive it everyday and do light racing then i could see the tranny lasting a bit longer. But im talking aboput racing a probe with 371hp 361tq like i have.
                    For sure, my BOLT-ON N/A PGT went through 6 trannys in 2 years.

Don't go auto, you will hate it.

As for your options, I say either get the PAR gearset, OR try to use an adapter plate for maybe an MS3 trans, or K20 RSX-S or Base RSX trans, maybe even a Neon (old 1st gen) trans.

Comment

Originally posted by 97PGTS-T View Post
                      maybe even a Neon (old 1st gen) trans.

Were them trannies any good? There are plenty at the junkyards.......
                      1995 mustang gt 5.0/t-5
                      No more probes, yes it has a 5.0 in it and yes RIGHT NOW its slower than my old probe.
                      BUT

Remember boys and girls...... Its not what is under the hood, its what FITS under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by 74grabber View Post
                        Were them trannies any good? There are plenty at the junkyards.......
                        I know of a 10 second SRT motor'ed 1g neon that is on a stock trans/phantom grip...

All the SRT swaps into 1g's have to use that tranny cause of how big the SRT's is...

idk, it's worth a shot...

Comment

Originally posted by 97PGTS-T View Post
                          I know of a 10 second SRT motor'ed 1g neon that is on a stock trans/phantom grip...

All the SRT swaps into 1g's have to use that tranny cause of how big the SRT's is...

idk, it's worth a shot...
                          Only costs 2 bucks to get into the j/y and take some measurements.
                          1995 mustang gt 5.0/t-5
                          No more probes, yes it has a 5.0 in it and yes RIGHT NOW its slower than my old probe.
                          BUT

Remember boys and girls...... Its not what is under the hood, its what FITS under the hood.

Comment

I've been wondering what you were gonna do about this westpalm. I would say since you are still running stock block de's I would just keep throwing in trannies. If you were to build a motor and make some serious power reliably I would look in to a level 10 trans.

You might try an lsd on the next trans and see what happens
                            Last edited by Alexklze; December 3, 2008, 07:49 PM.
                            1996 PGT, ZE, I|H|E|11lb FW|67mm TB|South Bend S2|Poly MM's|B&M STS|JJ Resy TP|Blue's|Eibach's|17mm Swaybar|Electric Cutout|Ethanol-Free Gasoline|210's & Nitrous..
                            1996 PGT, Barn Find, I|Rats
                            1995 Mx6, Sold , I|H|E|FW|MS
                            BOOST IN FIFTH!!!!!

Comment

i never understand why no one ever just builds up a tranny. If you can get gears for them then just have someone build custom shafts. someone please explain why

Comment

Working...
                              X