Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slapped the Si wheels on the Civic over the weekend. Going to have the whole car resprayed in October. Should come out pretty nice.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...0714121525.jpg
    95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
    93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
    89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
    04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
    Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

• Eibachs. Why re-spray? It's a beater.
      Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

• Beater? With 49k miles on it, and near mint condition otherwise? Hardly. Besides, I can have the entire car painted, and done right, for $1500. When I'm keeping the car, and the rest of it's that nice, why would I not?
        04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno

Comment

• It's the DD that you're going to be driving through the winter, correct? It may not be a bomb like my Buick (but let's face it, nothing can ever be the Buick), but I still think it's a waste of money. (No offense)
          Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

• Meh, opinions are like assholes. We all have them. It's worth it to me, and that's all that matters.

It's a daily, which means it will be driven through the winter. However, contrary to popular belief, with undercoating and keeping your vehicle clean on a weekly basis during the shitty months, it's still possible to keep it nice.

Just because a vehicle sees winter doesn't automatically classify it as a POS... It'll only become a POS if YOU perceive it that way, and take the conscious action to neglect it. Conversely, if you take action to invest in it and protect it, it becomes just the opposite.

At the end of the day, I'll have a solid, reliable vehicle with zero rust and zero mechanical defects that I have ~5k into including the cost of the car. It'll also be virtually maintenance free (aside from the obvious which all vehicles are going to need, even new ones). Not to mention, I could literally drive this car to 400+k miles (or more) if I don't neglect it. For that much 'bang for your buck', I don't see how it's NOT worth it.
            Last edited by TRWeiss1; July 17, 2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Then let's look at it as an investment. It's impossible to keep a car perfect due to the nature of work you subject it to. Nature of the beast. You'll NEVER GET A RETURN on the investment of painting it. It's too old. And I don't think it's a turd, I say leave it and drive it. It's a waste of money. Put the money into the Probe. It's more collectable.
              Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

• I would totally rock a Civic like that as my DD, fresh paint or not. Nice find, Tom.
                ~Mrs. Kylie Phreakintheroom
                '96 Black Probe GT - Off to a new home and is greatly missed. It was a good 11 years.
                '10 Black Mitsu Ralliart
                '01 Black YZF600R Thundercat
                NPA! Angel #3, NEPO member, FPOC calendar model August 2004/March 2005/October 2009/September 2010

Comment

• Thanks Kylie. She is pretty clean.

Ant, I totally get where you're coming from, and I should have clarified. I meant as investment for yourself, not to turn a profit on. I'm well aware that I [most likely] will not get my money back. However, never say never. After all, some of us have sold 1G's for $9000 dollars. It's all about the right buyer.

Besides, you have to look at what you actually spend to own and drive a vehicle. What does it cost to maintain? What kind of gas mileage does it get? What are your car payments like? THAT is why it's worth it to me. Cost of maintenance? Little to nothing. Gas mileage? RETARDED. Car payments? Zero.

Furthermore, I just want a fresh paint job because of how clean the rest of the car is. Besides, I plan on keeping it. And c'mon, you guys should know me by now... Whatever I get my hands on I try to make as nice (and close to mint) as possible! lol
                  Last edited by TRWeiss1; July 17, 2012, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Retarded low emissions vehicle > ulev
                    Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

• ^LOL.

So .... when we hittin the track?

Comment

• When it's not ****ing 100 degrees? There IS A TRACK day coming up, but to be brutally honest, I just don't want to go. The only draw being it's so close to me. I'd rather just to Empire. Tom, call me sometime soon, I have a proposition for ya not regarding cars at all.
                        Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

• TOTALLY hear you regarding the weather. Been hotter than balls as of late. I'd rather go to Empire, too. I'll try to give you a shout tonight d00d... As long as I can remember. Haha

Comment

• I think we should go to Darien Lake. Just sayin'.

Or Hershey Park...
                            ~Mrs. Kylie Phreakintheroom
                            '96 Black Probe GT - Off to a new home and is greatly missed. It was a good 11 years.
                            '10 Black Mitsu Ralliart
                            '01 Black YZF600R Thundercat
                            NPA! Angel #3, NEPO member, FPOC calendar model August 2004/March 2005/October 2009/September 2010

Comment

• K. My vote is Hershey. I heard they have a new million dollar coaster... and the whole ****ing town wreaks of chocolate!

I don't think my request for Fri the 24th will be approved. I might be able to take a half-day. But 2 other people requested it before me.
                              Last edited by Domino81; July 23, 2012, 08:03 AM.
                              Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

• Test 'n tune @ ESTA. This Sunday, 7/29. Who's down?

If the weather holds out, I am in.

Comment

Working...
                                X