Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
    Speaking of not being friends, I realized RC has been MIA on fb too....wtf
    I haven't been on FB in years. Deactivated my account a Looooong time ago. Too much stupidity on there, nothing really worthwhile. Glad you missed me so much
    Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

• Rob, what did you use for sound deadening last time you did it? I'm going to order some stuff for this weekend, really need to get the trunk taken care of.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
        Rob, what did you use for sound deadening last time you did it? I'm going to order some stuff for this weekend, really need to get the trunk taken care of.
        Last time I did it I used rammat. This time I think I am leaning towards second skin products for different areas. Probably a few months away from doing anything though since I only want to put this thing back together once.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
          Last time I did it I used rammat. This time I think I am leaning towards second skin products for different areas. Probably a few months away from doing anything though since I only want to put this thing back together once.
          Yeah secondskin was what I was wanting to go with. I waited too long this week and the only thing I could get on Amazon Prime this weekend was some Dynamat Xtreme so I got enough to do the trunk with that. I hear weight to performance dynamat is still one of the better ones, even if it's expensive. But I've done the doors and will do the trunk all I really need left is the floor and roof.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• That is my second choice if I don't end up going with the second skin. All the knockoffs have driven the price of dynamat down to where I don't know why people still go with the off-brand and untested (mostly) stuff. A lot of the quality has gone down in some of the products I used to use (rammat has been getting bad reviews lately).

Comment

• I might use secondskin for my 2nd layer, the foam layer, in the trunk.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

I might use secondskin for my 2nd layer, the foam layer, in the trunk.
                You would probably get better results doing the foam and concentrating on the back of the seats and the inner trunk once you get the initial dampener down. The sides made a huge difference in the probe.

Comment

• double reply...
                  Last edited by livingsacrifice; May 31, 2016, 05:24 AM.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• It rained so much this weekend I got about 2 hours to work on it where it was actually dry. I did about a 40% coverage of the trunk. It does sound a lot tighter but man that trunk lid is heavy now. I think I have about half of the Dynamat Xtreme bulk box left. The only stuff I've used in the past is Fat Mat and peel and seal and that Dynamat stuff is a lot stickier and weightier.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

It rained so much this weekend I got about 2 hours to work on it where it was actually dry. I did about a 40% coverage of the trunk. It does sound a lot tighter but man that trunk lid is heavy now. I think I have about half of the Dynamat Xtreme bulk box left. The only stuff I've used in the past is Fat Mat and peel and seal and that Dynamat stuff is a lot stickier and weightier.

Yea if I can't decide on what all I want to do from second skin I'm definately going with the dynamat. That other stuff just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Comment

Yea if I can't decide on what all I want to do from second skin I'm definately going with the dynamat. That other stuff just doesn't seem worth it anymore.
                        After doing all of this I am seriously thinking about switching to a less efficient Class A/B amp just for that clarity, might as well with my larger alternator. I think it was this one I was looking at, had a few Zapco's in the past and they we're one of the cleanest sounding. http://zapco.co/studio-x-series-st-5x/

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

After doing all of this I am seriously thinking about switching to a less efficient Class A/B amp just for that clarity, might as well with my larger alternator. I think it was this one I was looking at, had a few Zapco's in the past and they we're one of the cleanest sounding. http://zapco.co/studio-x-series-st-5x/
                          Those are nice looking!

I just discovered my sub is garbage (now that is finally being powered correctly). That means I get to build a new box as well. Yay!

Comment

• Looks like some posts went missing since yesterday...

Comment

Looks like some posts went missing since yesterday...
                              It all adds to the allure of PT

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• True. Keeps it realz.

Comment

Working...
                                X