Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
    What's up peoples?

Got back from Charlotte this weekend. Nice city but that parking is horrible!

Now my car is making some weird noise when the clutch is not pressed in.

Least that probably keeps it clutch related. Bearing or something. Upgrade time!

I tried out one of my door panels and that was a colossal fail. Had trouble twice getting material to stick one way or another. Looked really good for about 3 mins till the adhesives (tried 3 different ones!) would fail. Now I have to strip them down again and then I think I'm gonna go find an interior shop that will have the right system (too hard to match foam adhesive to upholstry adhesive to the door panel apparently).

Blah. Just gonna finish installing the stereo hardware and rock no door panels for a while I guess.
    Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
      Least that probably keeps it clutch related. Bearing or something. Upgrade time!

I tried out one of my door panels and that was a colossal fail. Had trouble twice getting material to stick one way or another. Looked really good for about 3 mins till the adhesives (tried 3 different ones!) would fail. Now I have to strip them down again and then I think I'm gonna go find an interior shop that will have the right system (too hard to match foam adhesive to upholstry adhesive to the door panel apparently).

Blah. Just gonna finish installing the stereo hardware and rock no door panels for a while I guess.
      More like new car time. I'm about ready for a new one. I keep seeing used ones for $5k less than a new base model.

Adhesives? I assume you are mounting them to the outside and not cutting holes in the door panels? Looked at pictures and those door panels look really weird. I typically put tweeters in the sail panel of cars but it doesn't look like all Vipers have those.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• No. I stripped the panel down to the core and rebuilt the area around the speaker. I went out yesterday and hit up a custom stereo place and spoke to one of the fabricators and he said that what I was doing (wrapping the panel) was possible but confirmed that it would be extremely difficult given the shape of the door panel.

I have another idea that I am going to look into next week after I hopefully have time to get the drivers side shaped correctly. After talking to him I came up with a completely different way of doing it which will work out much better for multiple reasons. Unfortunately it means I have to scrap the passenger side. Oh well.

Comment

• Time to take out the dremel and make slots for 8" midbass

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Time to take out the dremel and make slots for 8" midbass
            Wish I had room! I can barely fit the 6.75s!

Hopefully I have time this week to finish the door panels (of course that means my replacement has to come in first) and run all my stuff to the upholstery shop and run some ideas by them. Either way I have to finish the wiring portion of this so I can start putting the car back together!

Comment

• Did you guys see this on FB? Dale actually opened a used car place, or is working on it. Who saw this coming besides me? haha

http://i.imgur.com/p1yLcCq.jpg

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• He had mentioned that years ago. Glad it looks like he finally did it!!!

Comment

Did you guys see this on FB? Dale actually opened a used car place, or is working on it. Who saw this coming besides me? haha

http://i.imgur.com/p1yLcCq.jpg
                  I saw that! He has truly fulfilled his destiny
                  ~SumR
                  I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

• Where da eff is Stephen lately?

paging SUPERGOAT.........
                    ~SumR

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
                      Where da eff is Stephen lately?

paging SUPERGOAT.........
                      And to think he lives somewhere around me too

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

Not relevant to the conversation atm, but Summer, you were right. Everyone is in here. I'm just amazed at this point. Been gone for so long. Is Supergoat still here too? That dude is funny.
                        93 GT parts car
                        94 GT in progress (I finally got one with a black interior!)

Comment

• anyone have an ecu for a 93-94 PGT?
                          Signature Here

Comment

• Originally posted by leviathon713 View Post
                            Not relevant to the conversation atm, but Summer, you were right. Everyone is in here. I'm just amazed at this point. Been gone for so long. Is Supergoat still here too? That dude is funny.
                            Yeah, he's around from time to time. DAYLIN maybe you should bug him on fb to come join in the fun.
                            ~SumR

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
                              Yeah, he's around from time to time. DAYLIN maybe you should bug him on fb to come join in the fun.
                              I'm not friends with him on fb.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

I'm not friends with him on fb.
                                Speaking of not being friends, I realized RC has been MIA on fb too....wtf
                                ~SumR

Comment

Working...
                                X