February meet - Sunday, February 13, 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February meet - Sunday, February 13, 2005

I have been working on a cruise run that goes through my backyard (sort of).

I have the route planned out and now just have to drive it to see what the 2nd half is like.

My question for you all is which way do you prefer running Ortega Highway - to L. Elsinore or from L. Elsinore?

Keep in mind that this will dictate where and what we stop to eat, rest, etc...

The general idea for the run is as follows:

Meet at the OC Caravan location.
    Take Katella to Jamboree.
    Hit Santiago Canyon
    Turn left at Live Oak Canyon Road (Cook's Corner)
    Follow this road to Santa Margarita Parkway
    Then take Antonio all the way down to Ortega Highway.
    Finally stopping at L.Elsinore for grub/rest.

OR run that in reverse. I think reverse would be pretty kick ass, too.
    To Lake Elsinore (forward)
    72.73%
    From Lake Elsinore (reverse)
    27.27%

The poll is expired.

Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
    1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
    "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

if we stop there first, I know for a fact, that we'll remain there for a long time... cruise first
    96 MX6 LS PTE preped
    96 Probe GT (Sold)
    93 KLZE Base Probe (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by deyan
      if we stop there first, I know for a fact, that we'll remain there for a long time... cruise first
      Stop where first? Lake Elsinore?

If this run went in reverse, we'd only be driving through L. Elsinore. No stopping.
      Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
      1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

ah, ok. I thought you ment stop at L.Elsinore first to eat and stuff.
        96 MX6 LS PTE preped
        96 Probe GT (Sold)

Comment

i hate lake elsinore. the rout is boring, the lake is boring. lets do malibu again
          RED 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 you can say it's the MX6 replacement.
          Blue 2004 Mazda 6s Wagon passed on to Mom
          RED 89 MAZDA MX6 GT turbo SOLD but still missed.

Comment

defenetly up for Malibu again!
            96 MX6 LS PTE preped
            96 Probe GT (Sold)

Comment

This run may not be super exciting as an Angeles Crest Highway or a Malibu Canyon drive but considering that February is still considered winter (which, btw, doesn't start until dec. 21) and we won't know what the weather is going to be like (typically rain)...would anyone like to push their cars hard through turns in the rain?

The Ortega Hwy run is boring (that's why I suggested running it in reverse) but the scenery is pretty good. I don't know what the middle of the run looks like but the Live Oak Canyon Rd section has plenty of corners and no room for error (except no sliding down the side of a mountain if any of you **** up).
              Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Originally posted by anomaly
                This run may not be super exciting as an Angeles Crest Highway or a Malibu Canyon drive but considering that February is still considered winter (which, btw, doesn't start until dec. 21) and we won't know what the weather is going to be like (typically rain)...would anyone like to push their cars hard through turns in the rain?

The Ortega Hwy run is boring (that's why I suggested running it in reverse) but the scenery is pretty good. I don't know what the middle of the run looks like but the Live Oak Canyon Rd section has plenty of corners and no room for error (except no sliding down the side of a mountain if any of you **** up).
                thats true
                96 MX6 LS PTE preped
                96 Probe GT (Sold)

Comment

another possibility todd:

i took stacey, chavez, and mumble-bee out on a trek in the angeles national forest saturday night.

we took off from my place and went along SR-39 to east fork road, then took that to glendora mountain road, exiting in san dimas, then hopping on the 210 for a quick jaunt to baseline, then up padua to mt. baldy rd., where we turned on glendora ridge road.

total trip was ~100 miles or so, at least according to chavez. there were some AWESOME turns on all three roads, but the road is very similar to mt. wilson road along ACH: it's narrow and there is only a 3ft high stone barrier to protect us.

that means heading up the road in 2nd or 3rd and not because we want to be slow either; the turns demand it. in fact, on one stretch, we all saw a front bumper cover sitting on one of the barriers. testament to those who think they have skillz and don't.

this was a great drive. i would love to do this again and it might make for a fun drive. we could all have lunch/dinner over at the new shopping center in cucamonga, since there is a yard house there.
                  ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Well, if that's the case then why not just run the 'Rim of the World' Highway, have lunch at Big Bear Lake, then either take the ROTW Hwy back or go around the back side?
                    Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

yuck Lake"smells"somemore

I'd vote for the route Damon is talking about it sounds more fun. I like the date and it's 3 days b4 my Birth Day too

Hopefully I'll have a new S/C set up installed by this meet, I just got it in the mail today, (12/31/04)
                      Last edited by Robot#666; January 1, 2005, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I like Damons idea, if my car is still broken i could at least see all you guys at the yardhouse seeing how i live near by
                        -Ray

Comment

O.K. I've looked at the thread three times and didn't see a date. Did I miss something?
                          Life is a class room, every day is a lesson.
                          IC1(SW) Satterfield, US Navy
                          "Home of the free because of the brave "

Comment

nope. no date set yet. just an idea generating thread.
                            Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Originally posted by anomaly
                              Well, if that's the case then why not just run the 'Rim of the World' Highway, have lunch at Big Bear Lake, then either take the ROTW Hwy back or go around the back side?
                              because that's january you goof!

i'll give you a call sometime tomorrow to talk about january's meet.

as for february, i don't mind a cruise on ortega highway. we could drive on down I-15 to temescal canyon road and have lunch at tom's farms.
                              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                              X