Anybody evacuate yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody evacuate yet?

I'm here at work, and I'm right here next to Rancho Santa Fe. There are some fires here... there's a decent amount of ash and smoke in the air. About an hour ago the nice fire glow was visible over the horizon. Luckily the winds died down quite a bit. I pray that everything is ok... if it spreads farther into the Ranch and westward towards the ocean we're screwed...

Lovely I heard just on the radio that Rancho Santa Fe has to evacuate.

Things aren't looking too good.

Gotta wait for the boss to come back with some extra hose and a nozzle... time to wet down the roof.

---

Well we had to evacuate work. Rancho and Olivenhain got the calls. I'm close by... so if it gets any worse I have to evacuate the home here. At least I had a beer at the bosses house... yay!
    Last edited by s8n; October 22, 2007, 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post
    '93 Rio Red PGT - Dead and in the garage
    '93 Silver PGT - Temperamental and heavily modified
    '07 Black A4 - A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

dunno. have you stopped blaming AAA yet? or stop confusing "contractor" with "ownership"?

ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

I hope AAA didn't start the fires, that would kind of suck.
      '07 Black A4 - A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

Comment

I'm surprised the call to evacuate hasn't gone out for me here at the rental in Foothill Ranch. About 0.5 miles from my doorstep I can see smoldering.

One of my neighbors said the fire was there in the morning but was knocked down pretty quickly.

Not looking good yet.

As far as my opinion on the suspected arsonist(s) who started the fire, I hope when they are caught they get lynched.
        Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
        1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring
        "Let me hear you make decisions without your television."

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

I'm skeptical of that whole reverse 911 phone alert system. Luckily we have a landline here... [it's one of the roommates] but even at my old place the girl and I always had cellphones and never had a landline.

Everything good here I suppose. We haven't gotten the call and it's been over an hour since they called the evac to Olivenhain and Rancho Santa Fe. Now that I look at it... I need to update my location... since I no longer live in Carlsbad.

---

The phone just rang and I about ate my words. Luckily it was the roommates mother wondering where he was.

---

So yah the air quality is absolutely horrible. You can't see the sky, the sun is being blotted out, and ash is flying everywhere. It's funny I was sleeping last night and I smelled some smoke and there was a little ash. There was definitely no call for alarm. Then I wake up to roads being barren and everything had some weird post apocolyptic [sp?] feel to it. Sometimes I miss the Bay Area... there we only worry about earthquakes

Comment

Getting closer...

I came home from work at lunch to evac with necessary items just in case.
            Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.
            1G FAQ - A MUST READ for 1G's! ~ 1990 PGL = WRECKED! & Sold! ~ 2004 Nissan 350Z Touring

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

I can see a glow in the horizon south of here.

The streets are barren and I guess in my neighborhood it's a voluntary evacuation. 75% of the people have evac'd... then there's people like me who are just sitting around until it's absolutely necessary to evac. As long as the winds stay down like they are now I think I'll be fine. There's an elementary school next to me. The school is absolutely barren and the only sound I hear is the sound of a chain hitting a pole. I assume from a tetherball pole.

It's almost surreal out right now. I looked out into the horizon and just spent a few moments to think about the people who have lost their homes. The people that may lose their homes. The lives lost, and the people battling the blaze out there. It's so still outside... it's almost like everybody is dead and I'm the only one left.

Comment

Whew! That was close.

The winds helped the fire to grow very large over here and the fire came within burning distance of the residences on the hill just above me. The fire dept did a great job of staving off the fire and keeping the residences safe!
                Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

Glad to hear

There's nothing new here. No meaningfull news about the area, etc. I imagine that at least everything in the area is pretty contained. I need to get an air cleaner/purifier tomorrow. The air absosolutely sucks right now.

Comment

Hey anomaly, what streets do you live off of? I have a few friends that live up in Foothill, and have been wondering how bad it really is. I've been watching the news all day at work and home. I actually worked at Foothill Ranch Elementary a couple years ago. It was pretty crazy to see the school and then flames right behind it.
                    '96 MX6: Hotshot CAI, SSAC Headers, Custom 2.5" Remus Exhaust, Stage II SBC TZ Clutch, 15lbs Flywheel, HEI w/Blaster 3, K6F FSTB, 19mm AWR Rear Sway Bar

Comment

A fire just recently started this morning in valencia or saugus cant remember but it's odd, i can see smoke in like three directions here
                      Current: Green Envy Fiesta ST e85 Tuned
                      Project: Olive Green SAAB 9-3 HOT 19T Biopower
                      Sold: BCM MS6, MSP,
                      Sold:3L Full Oval Port Swapped 99 Cougar
                      Hookers and Blow, LET'S GO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shwaykid
                        Hey anomaly, what streets do you live off of? I have a few friends that live up in Foothill, and have been wondering how bad it really is. I've been watching the news all day at work and home. I actually worked at Foothill Ranch Elementary a couple years ago. It was pretty crazy to see the school and then flames right behind it.
                        Portola & Bake are the major cross streeets.

It's pretty bad looking up here at the moment. I just got home from the in-laws and driving up here was really eerie with the hills on fire.
                        Pr0n - my Anti-Drug.

Enjoy PT? Support it.

Comment

That's crazy. I had lunch at that Islands yesterday. Now there's a major fire half a mile away. Last I heard the fire fighters were going to let the fire burn out by the school. Hopefully everything stays contained and the houses are safe.
                          '96 MX6: Hotshot CAI, SSAC Headers, Custom 2.5" Remus Exhaust, Stage II SBC TZ Clutch, 15lbs Flywheel, HEI w/Blaster 3, K6F FSTB, 19mm AWR Rear Sway Bar

Comment

Nothing new down here in Encinitas. There's no wind here at all which is at least some good news. So I've just been sitting here all day dicking around [weird having a day off on Monday]. Took a nap, cooked some food, etc. I guess here there's a voluntary evacuation. A lot of people went to the Community center. It's about a mile away from the pad. If the fire spread this far inland we'd be pretty much screwed. 1-1/2 miles from the community center is the ocean... so if it were to spread this far everything would be burned all the way to the coast.

I guess the fire in the area is at the far end of Camino Del Norte... not exactly a good sign. At least aid will be here in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by anomaly
                              Portola & Bake are the major cross streeets.

It's pretty bad looking up here at the moment. I just got home from the in-laws and driving up here was really eerie with the hills on fire.
                              i know exactly where that is. i used to work over in lake forest, not too far from there.

be careful out there people. if the call comes to evacuate, leave.
                              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                              X