No announcement yet.

Official SCPOC Meet: Fabulous Fords Forever - April 21, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to everyone i couldnt make it.. looking forward to seeing some pics from the show
    1995 PGT BLACK: CF hood, stock KLDE, Clutchmasters FX400, MX3 Flywheel, MS1 Extra, KLG4 coilpack with PRD wires, T3T04e turbo, same side intercooler, tial WG, custom fuel rails with nissan 550cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Eugo, Autometer gauges, 2.5" custom Borla catback, Tokico blues, Eibach springs, FD rims, J30 projector conversion......

Comment

no worries, there is always next year.

thanks to everyone who came out to the show. chavez even made an appearance. pizzi was there with me all weekend and i really needed his help throughout. stacey did a great job heading the parking volunteers for our club this year!

now i have to pick a date for the ACH cruise and get that posted.
      ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

For the 2nd year in a row my car died after the show and left me stranded.

Comment

what the hell is wrong with this month if you have questions, lmk
          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
            what the hell is wrong with this month if you have questions, lmk
            Right! I think it's the disty that took a crap we'll see.

Comment

whats wrong with your car? does it start? or it's dead? missfire? im having similar issues..

Originally posted by VENGER View Post
              For the 2nd year in a row my car died after the show and left me stranded.
              my car is down at the moment too.. i have horible missfire that i cant even drive it hopefully hei mod and blaster coil will fix it
              Last edited by no13regrets; April 24, 2013, 12:46 PM.
              1995 PGT BLACK: CF hood, stock KLDE, Clutchmasters FX400, MX3 Flywheel, MS1 Extra, KLG4 coilpack with PRD wires, T3T04e turbo, same side intercooler, tial WG, custom fuel rails with nissan 550cc injectors, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Eugo, Autometer gauges, 2.5" custom Borla catback, Tokico blues, Eibach springs, FD rims, J30 projector conversion......

Comment

a misfire is typically timing and/or ignition. simply throwing the HEI and an external coil alone won't fix the problem. you have to figure out what is causing the misfire.
                ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Originally posted by no13regrets View Post
                  whats wrong with your car? does it start? or it's dead? missfire? im having similar issues..

my car is down at the moment too.. i have horible missfire that i cant even drive it hopefully hei mod and blaster coil will fix it
                  Started with a missfire code, then it just shutoff. It would turn on then idle rough and die. Now it just cranks but doesn't fire up. I'm almost certain its the distributor. I heard autozone has distys with a lifetime warranty so I'm gonna check them out.

Comment

i would rather do the hei mod. hei is only 20 bucks and comes with lifetime warranty also. blaster 2 coil and power tower adapter is 50. so 70 total is better than 350+ for new one that's gonna fail sooner or later.

Started with a missfire code, then it just shutoff. It would turn on then idle rough and die. Now it just cranks but doesn't fire up. I'm almost certain its the distributor. I heard autozone has distys with a lifetime warranty so I'm gonna check them out.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

i checked my timing and its dead on and i have no codes. the only thing i can think of is disty

Originally posted by dmark101 View Post
                    a misfire is typically timing and/or ignition. simply throwing the HEI and an external coil alone won't fix the problem. you have to figure out what is causing the misfire.

Comment

Never really looked into the HEI mod so don't know much about it. I look into it cause the price for a disty is ridiculous.

Comment

yeah man im in the same boat as you and im not willing to drop 400 on disty even if it comes with lifetime warranty. if i was gonna spend that much money i would do megasquirt 1 and coilpacks

Comment

Originally posted by no13regrets View Post
                          yeah man im in the same boat as you and im not willing to drop 400 on disty even if it comes with lifetime warranty. if i was gonna spend that much money i would do megasquirt 1 and coilpacks
                          exactly!

Comment

I guess for the mean time I'm just gonna have to get a few distys from the junkyard just so my car will be running.

Comment

I guess for the mean time I'm just gonna have to get a few distys from the junkyard just so my car will be running.
                              I texted your old number I had since last years FFF. also check to see if you have any codes, codes 2 and 3 and you cant do the HEI mod. If you have no codes saved then you can do the HEI mod.

Comment

exactly missfire is ignition or timing related. distrubitor controls ignition timing.
                                i got hei module wired up yesterday using internal coil and my car wouldn't even start (it starts and idles if i wire disty back). today i added blaster 2 coil and she fired up first try! no more backfiring or missfiring so it was stupid disty... im glad that i didnt spend my money on used or new one.

so VENGER please listen to me and do HEI mod its really simple

Originally posted by dmark101 View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X