No announcement yet.

I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal. 5/7lbs should be plenty for a DD. Can the guy tune pretty good?

Jim, here in a few weeks I might try to come down if your not busy. Having one seat kinda sucks maybe a trip to pap?

Comment

• What seat you need, I have both, they are maroon with seat covers, I think they are in good shape under the covers

Edit....Duh moment....guess that would be pass side, probably hard to drive otherwise...lol
      Last edited by dmfarms; March 13, 2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Thanks, but the matching seat is in jims building most likely being protected by wasps.

Comment

• he has orange wheels. gay!
          WHO DAT SAY GON' BEAT DEM SAINTS, WHO DAT WHO DAT!!!!!!!

THIS IS OUR STATE!! GO DAWGS!!!! MISSISSIPPI STATE FOR LIFE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by grimjoker95gt View Post
            Good deal. 5/7lbs should be plenty for a DD. Can the guy tune pretty good?
            He's suppose to be able to. He's tuned a bunch of cars with Megasquirt and runs his twin turbo mustang with it. He sold me that he can get it done and my buddy trust him. We will see.....

Originally posted by dmfarms View Post
            Edit....Duh moment....guess that would be pass side, probably hard to drive otherwise...lol
            Ha Ha Ha....Good Catch!
            1993 Probe GT, in the family since 1995.

Comment

• jim still has orange wheels and theyre gay

Comment

• Sunday/ monday is looking good for the dash swap. This is gonna be a pain...

After this Ill be throwing the inner tie-rod joint in
                Jim K.
                :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• So I still have not swapped the dash, nor the tie rod. Actually I have not done anything at all to the car, other than pump gas into it.
                  Jim K.
                  :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• Jim...you should swap all of it into a super gutted 1g chassis and daily the PURPLE PROBE!!!!!
                    89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
                    92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
                    91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
                    91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
                    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

• I added something special to the car tonight.
                      Jim K.

Comment

• which is? fix my member info dork!

Comment

• Cant sleep again and I though I would dredge this back up. Got more stuffs going on for the car. Received a HKS SSQV from Jimmy and it is now installed after some minor re-configuring of the piping. Sounds good but my turbo is just too small to make the loud shout of the BOV when it first opens. May have to remedy that with a larger turbo...
                          I finally managed to sell my helmet I didnt use and picked up my original MS setup again from Josh. Doing some mods to it to run coilpacks. Need to come up with a 36-1 wheel and a new coilpack since I seem to have lost BOTH of mine somehow.
                          I have two paths I could take for this. Run an EDIS setup since I already have all the parts, OR, be a pioneer again and attempt to set up a HALL sensor in place of the VR sensor on the crank. If I run the HALL sensor, I wont have to build a VR conditioner circuit and I just simply wire in my BIP373s and coil packs. Decisions...
                          Jim K.

Comment

• Would you use the stock Crank Sensor or add an additional one?

If you have to add one I'd suggest going with EDIS, I was never 100% happy with the hall sensors on my SDS setup. If you do attempt it I can tell/show you what I did and you can maybe improve upon it.
                            95 Black Probe GT
                            Currently being parted out.

Comment

• Well, I WAS planning on using a Hall sensor on the crank pully but coming up with all the correct parts to run it is looking like a crapshoot. Im leaning towards EDIS now since I already have the parts to do it, but the only bummer is the lack of the ability to cut spark. I would be using the stock crank sensor.
                              Worst comes to worst, I can toss on a 93-94 disty, plug in the MS and go. I would like to avoid that route since you know how it goes with those distributors, especially with the heat from a turbo in its vicinity.

Had to replace BOTH rear calipers today since both of them had the slide pins completely frozen. Only took 287k for that to happen!

Edit:
                              Well I might toss the EDIS idea if the new hall sensor project from DIY come to fruition. I would be able to use the 626 36-1 pully, the DIY hall sensor and not have to mod my MS at all, other than adding the coil drivers.
                              Last edited by WhiteDart; September 13, 2011, 04:58 PM.
                              Jim K.

Comment

• Coil drivers are all mounted up inside the MS case. Scored a 36-1 pully and disty hole plug from PAP this weekend. Hall sensor has arrived today so Ill get to test fit that in the stock VR location tonight. Also picked up a coil pack bracket and some misc parts to add the correct ends on to stock plug wires and allow them to lock onto the coilpack. Just gotta figure out where I want to put it.
                                Jim K.

Comment

Working...
                                X