No announcement yet.

I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no MS install. Dunno if I will get the opportunity to install it this year. Just too much going on. I did FINALLY install my non-cracked center reflector yesterday though.
    Reconfigured my IC piping yet again to move the BOV up where it can be seen and its not rubbing on the frame. Installed the new(ish) slimline fan today. Got some colorific colors going on as well.
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...107112000a.jpg

Edit: I just noticed my mazdaspeed logo is now upside down on the new VC.
    Last edited by WhiteDart; November 7, 2011, 09:02 PM.
    Jim K.
    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• gay!! lol
      WHO DAT SAY GON' BEAT DEM SAINTS, WHO DAT WHO DAT!!!!!!!

THIS IS OUR STATE!! GO DAWGS!!!! MISSISSIPPI STATE FOR LIFE!!!

Comment

• Hey WhiteDart, I got a favor to ask you before you switch to MS! Can you make a vid of the car when you start it (cold, like overnight), let it warm up and point the camera toward the wideband and your water gauge (if you got one)?

I'm trying to recreate the stock AFR's on warmup with MS but I don't even know what they look like...and I know you got a wideband and are running on stock ECU!
        Last edited by poissonn; November 17, 2011, 11:19 PM.
        MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

• Well its actually on a stock Milli ECU with S injectors right now. I made this a while back while it still had the stock ECU and VAF. It ends when the car is right around 100 degrees and the O2's start cycling and the car comes out of open loop. Right now a cold start is super rich on account of the bigger injectors on a stock ECU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitedar...23/tpISAXMxMAc
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• exactly what I needed! thanks
            MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

• Hey Whitedart, where would you recommend getting headlights? im about to do sleepy eye and i had some lights that turned out to be junk. i just dont wanna waste more money on junk lights.

Comment

• I and a few others have used the projectors out of the Infinity J-30. They are self contained and can be easily sealed against the elements. There is also a website out there that sells projector housings specifically for custom use. There is a lot out there that can be used if you use a bit of imagination. No matter what though, it will take considerable effort to do it right.
                Jim K.

Comment

• Dammit to hell. I think I chipped/ broke a tooth on the 3rd gearset. I almost flipped out because it sound JUST like rod knock when I was pulling into my neighborhood tonight. I havent even gotten on it since I raced Andy 2 weeks ago.
                  Im going to go to pullapart this weekend to try to find a 2.0 transmission and swap its bellhousing with a KL for some much needed longer gears. Guess Ill be skipping 3rd until I can find one.
                  Last edited by WhiteDart; December 2, 2011, 08:07 PM.
                  Jim K.

Comment

• that sucks! good luck holler if you need anything. i forgot my taps again and i even had them out lol

Comment

• Right now PAP doesnt even have any KL 5 speeds. I think I might be screwed until I find one, otherwise Ill just pull a FS trans from PAP or off Andy's motor and swap the housing over from mine. Trying to avoid that though because of the super high miles on mine and I KNOW the bearings are probably loose as hell.
                      Jim K.

Comment

• well all your gonna do is swap bellhousings from the kl to the fs right?

Chuck norris has a commercial out for world of warcraft hahahahahahahahahaha.

Comment

• Okay well Im getting the taller gearing i've been wanting, thanks to the FS trans from Andy. Broke two teeth off of 3rd gear, though I believe it was caused by a broken reverse lockout mechanism. It turns out all the guts in the trans sit in the bellhousing so it was a little more involved that I thought it was going to be but the FS innards dropped in just fine. All went smoothly and the trans is complete and installed. Just gotta finish re-assembling the rest tomorrow.
                          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...11343-Copy.jpg
                          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...204111203a.jpg
                          Last edited by WhiteDart; March 7, 2012, 07:35 PM.
                          Jim K.

Comment

• That tranny was a trooper and the moar better gas mileage is tits.

I told you that your car would fit in the garage during the dash swap talks

Comment

• Had the highest mileage to a tank since the turbo went on with this trans setup. 279 miles and I could have gone another 30 but I needed to fill up before xmas day.
                              Jim K.

Comment

• thats not bad at all. how many times did you play? my milli the best its ever seen is 360, but i normally average around 330

Comment

Working...
                                X