No announcement yet.

I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you doing underneath as well or just the top? it sucks to get the rear runners underneath
    93 Probe GT
    Its not a PROBLEM. It's a PROBE LUM

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._5571185_n.jpg

Comment

• I probably wont be doing the bottom or the backside of the runners. I just don't see the point, especially since it would easily add another 10 hours to polish something that no one looking under the hood could possibly see. Even so, Im doing a lot more to it than most of the other polished manifolds that I have seen. I've done all I can do with power tools now. Theres still a little bit of casting to sand down in the tight corners that I will have to remove by hand. I have some rear caliper issues I need to sort out tomorrow so once thats done, ill be able to finish the final sanding before the actual polishing begins.

Valve covers are chopped, stripped and prepped for paint. Need to find some black allen head bolts.

Still passively looking for a few components for the looming clutch replacement. Income tax return can't hit fast enough.

Also looking for a 4 channel amp that I will use to completely replace the head unit.

And for the last update, I have something special planned for the exterior in the next few months.
      Jim K.
      :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• oh yea.............................i cant do anything to my truck because i work too much, so there!!!!!!!
        WHO DAT SAY GON' BEAT DEM SAINTS, WHO DAT WHO DAT!!!!!!!

THIS IS OUR STATE!! GO DAWGS!!!! MISSISSIPPI STATE FOR LIFE!!!

Comment

• Have some brake issues now. The ABS pump is not allowing sufficient pressure to reach the left rear caliper. After a heated feud with the new manager at pullapart, I have no desire to ever go back. I have enough connections that I can get anything I need elsewhere. New ABS pump is on the way.

Also, I will be ditching the HKS bov. I want a TiAL!
          Last edited by WhiteDart; February 18, 2013, 08:38 PM.
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• WHAT WHAT WHAT?! What happened? Say it aint so yimmy!!!!!!!! I love pap

Comment

• Nice work! Is your dash just LED'd out? Looks wild in the pics

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteDart View Post
                Have some brake issues now. The ABS pump is not allowing sufficient pressure to reach the left rear caliper. After a heated feud with the new manager at pullapart, I have no desire to ever go back. I have enough connections that I can get anything I need elsewhere. New ABS pump is on the way.

Also, I will be ditching the HKS bov. I want a TiAL!
                Oooooh, HKS available soon? Some one once gave me a hard time for not having enough HKS stuff on the car to go with a sticker.
                1993 Probe GT, in the family since 1995.

Comment

• It had a full LED setup for a short time but it didnt turn out the way I wanted so I scrapped it. Im back to my indiglows that i've had for 10 years. lol.

Joe, the short of it is that they wanted to charge me the price of an entire ABS system ($85 WITHOUT warranty or core charge) when the only part I needed was the pump, and none of the other 15 or so parts that comprise the whole system. Dude said I was being very unreasonable and called me a "cheap kid." It ended with me flipping over my wheel barrow full of parts I was going to purchase and storming out. I haven't lost my temper like that since high school.

Aaaany way, I pulled the HKS off to be sold so I can get a TiAL bov. I threw together a adapter pipe to run a volvo bypass valve I had laying around. Sounds like a longer winded greddy type s. Ricer status is a go!
                  Jim K.

Comment

• Yep, its officially for sale Steve. Its just flutters too much for my taste. It would probably sound much better with more boost/ larger turbo.
                    Jim K.

Comment

• i have the same issue with my hks bov under like 5psi it just flutters but when i hit 8 it sounds really good
                      95 pgt boosted 8 psi slowly tuning with help
                      93pgt with 44k original miles sold...
                      93pgt 95k auto part out as of 1/5/12 pm me for parts

Comment

• dang that sucks. was it the australian/english dude. hes a royal douchebag. thats what happens when people sell parts and know nothin about cars. all they see is dollar signs and not what is really going on. thats why i hate going to the auto parts store. sorry for your bad trip

Comment

• No, that guy was cool and actually agreed with me. The new manager is some skinny redneck dude about my height. Never seen him before that day.

ABS pump has made it into knoxville. Not bad at all considering it didnt leave Cali until tuesday morning. Best of all, I paid $35 shipped. Should have my brakes back to normal on sunday.
                          Jim K.

Comment

• wow thats a surprise. oh well sorry you had a bad trip. nice on the score tho

Comment

• 4 channel amp? look at the alpine power pack. I sell it at bestbuy. its about the size of the factory amp too. It puts out 20 watts rms per channel I believe
                              93 Probe GT
                              Its not a PROBLEM. It's a PROBE LUM

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._5571185_n.jpg

Comment

• Thats a pretty slick amp. Def look into that when the time comes.

HKS is officially off and ready for sale. The temporary Volvo bypass sounds hilarious. Probably get a vid of it tomorrow.

ABS pump arrived today. Ill be replacing that after work tomorrow as well as doing a full Motul brake fluid flush and a fresh Rotella oil change.
                                Since its supposed to be nice on sunday, Ill probably hit the modified valve covers with the flat red paint.
                                ZE IM polishing is still in slow progress. Got hung up doing other stuff so its still currently on the back burner. I did get a TB stripped and blasted though for paint though. Tore apart the ZE IAC and it was packed in rust. Got it all cleared out and the coolant and PWM valves are working 100% so I dodged a bullet there.
                                Jim K.

Comment

Working...
                                X