No announcement yet.

I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st race was bad gear selection but the speed in my 3rd gear wasnt great for me either. To be in my power band I should be doing around 75 in 3rd.
    2nd race I didnt know you missed. I gave you the hit and I still pulled immediately though.
    3rd race. Yeah, my clutch went stupid. 2nd never grabbed so I gave up at about 30-35. How many gears did you go through?
    Last edited by WhiteDart; April 16, 2013, 05:54 PM.
    Jim K.
    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• I went through third. I let out three times so I didn't hit you, but then immediately got back into it. The only way you gave up at 35 is if your car is insanely fast to 35, or my car is ridiculously slow.
      I told you in the garage I missed 5th. I didnt go anywhere because as soon as we got into it I hit tach out and missed a gear. Also covered in the garage.
      I have no doubt you will probably pull me from a roll. The Miata is not a top end car. However, from a dig or low roll.....I have doubts. Claiming youre faster then me without beating me from my power band is what I have an issue with. If you beat me from a roll and I beat you from a dig then thats exactly what it is. 2 cars that cant win outside their comfort zones.
      This will go down again. Now Im itching for it.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

BTW................If you are checking this before you go to work................I pulled the Protege up for you. lol
      "I come from a very big family, nine parents."

"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"

Comment

• i toothpasted my headlights again( they will be clearish for about 6 months now) and installed a new vanity light bulb in my driver headlight after it being out for 3 months(lazy) BEAT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        WHO DAT SAY GON' BEAT DEM SAINTS, WHO DAT WHO DAT!!!!!!!

THIS IS OUR STATE!! GO DAWGS!!!! MISSISSIPPI STATE FOR LIFE!!!

Comment

• Clutch is officially cooked. I just realized my Spec pressure plate is in a lot better condition than I thought so Ill be running that. Wanted a stock pressure plate but they are near impossible to find for under $300 new. Now the other dilemma. Need a new friction disc for the Fidanza, but I dont remember if I have a 18 or 20 hole. Its a $90 gamble. Crap...
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• u must have a pic somewhere of the fw...
            I was in the same boat. pulled my inspection cover and marked each hole with a marker and counted. have fun

Comment

• I really dont want to have to have the car tore apart and immovable for a week while I wait for the parts. Its still driveable as long as I stay far away from boost. I would have to drop both crossmembers and the exhaust to get the inspection plate bolts out to check it. Acting on a hunch, I bought a 18 hole. Worst case scenario I have to use the 10lb F1 aluminum flywheel I have on the shelf.
              Jim K.

Comment

• oh to have a worst case like that. decisions decisions lol. if you do have to use the fidanza itll prolly rev faster than your motorbike lol

Comment

• Its already got the Fidanza in it Joe. And no, it doesnt rev faster than the bike. If the new friction ring doesnt fit the Fidanza, it should fit the F1 on the shelf.
                  Jim K.

Comment

• 6 of one, half dozen of the other

Comment

• Fidanza friction ring showed up today. Bolt holes line up perfectly on the F1 flywheel so im safe even if it doesnt fit my Fidanza flywheel. Clutch swap is on for sunday.
                      Jim K.

Comment

• timelapse with this too
                        95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
                        94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
                        93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
                        97&94&93 PGT gone
                        DALE

Comment

• I want to Dale but Im not sure its going to happen due to the forecasted rain. :/
                          Jim K.

Comment

• rains gay. goin fishing ang giggin tonight. dont care bout no stinkin rain

Comment

• Got the ACT disc/ Spec pressure plate combo installed today. Wound up having to use the F1 flywheel due to the Fidanza looking like someone went at it with a metal string weedeater. Dunno what the heck happened to it but I didnt find any debris in the bellhousing. Anyway, the new clutch combo feels pretty good so far. No chatter at all. Ill give it a couple hundred mile break in and then beat on it a bit and report back.
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...g?t=1367806340

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...g?t=1367806336
                              Last edited by WhiteDart; May 5, 2013, 09:45 PM.
                              Jim K.

Comment

• You could try the Chris method of clutch bed in.
                                89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
                                92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
                                91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
                                91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
                                "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

Working...
                                X