No announcement yet.

I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know what I just realized? This new idea of yours is the same thing I told you to do in 2009 while sitting on my couch in Florida. ( well....to be exact I was sitting on the couch playing xbox and drinking crown....you were on speakerphone).

I'm glad you are going to try this!!!
    89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
    92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
    91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
    91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

• Noooo. You wanted me to try a SAFC. Poo on you sir.
      Jim K.
      :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• Nooooo...I'm talking about the time I called you when I saw it being used at a Orlando dyno day. The car in question was a newer civic si btw. Then I sent you a pic of an ad for it. I remember this because it was only for obd2 cars and I couldn't use it on the 1g GT.

Comment

• Sooooo, everything is looking peachy on the new setup. Made a base map on the new unit and after a little tweaking its running better than I anticipated it would. Drove it out to subway for lunch and drove back without a single hiccup. Low 12s under boost. Decent cruising AFRs. I are happeh. I also don't see any reason at all that makes this OBDII only. It should work just fine on OBDI. Ill switch out for the less restrictive Millie MAF/ECU after I finish testing it on the stock equipment.

Oh yeah, I dug around on the AEM forum where I could get no help on whether or not this would work on the Probe. My first post there was
          Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 06:31:09 PM
          If only I had gone this route way back then. Woulda saved me sooo much headache. Once I have everything 100% on this I may make a writeup, just because of how easy it was and the limited number of options there are for fuel/ spark control on the KL platform.
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• AEM F/IC kicks ass. That is my update for the day.
            Jim K.

Comment

• Thinking of slapping on a straight neck IM. IDK why...
              Jim K.

Comment

• So the tentative plans this weekend are to drop the downpipe and y pipe to install my repaired rear collector. This way I can hook up the o2 sensors get get my MPGs out of the toilet and further tune the F/IC.
                Depending on how that goes, Im going to start working on trying to use the stock EQ and amp without the use of the head unit with my MP3 player for music. I never use the headunit itself and I could use the space it is currently taking up in the airbag compartment for the AEM box.
                I also have some new Eibach springs coming to replace my old very beaten up set that I have had on for almost as long as I have had the car.
                Jim K.

Comment

• so when is the maf setup going in
                  95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
                  94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
                  93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
                  97&94&93 PGT gone
                  DALE

Comment

• Not till I finish up testing this. Which also wont be until I put a new clutch it. Its slipping pretty bad now. Prolly go to the yard this weekend and get a stock pressure plate. Then I just need to order the new friction surface for the fidanza and do it. I got a little pissed at it tonight and I absolutely roasted the poor Spec merging into traffic.
                    Jim K.

Comment

• i ve got a oem pp and a act 6 puck unsprung with only 5k on it if you are interested
                      95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
                      94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
                      93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
                      97&94&93 PGT gone
                      DALE

Comment

• Thanks Dale but I already have a brand new ACT sprung disc. Going to go get a new PP this weekend. Just gotta get a new friction surface for my FW next week.
                        Jim K.

Comment

• New PCV setup is in the works. New rear mani installed today along with new O2 sensor front and rear. Reset the ECU so it will relearn proper A/Fs for idle and cruise during my errands tomorrow. Gas mileage should increase tenfold as long as I can keep my foot off the go-fast pedal. (yeah right)
                          Jim K.

Comment

• Nice! still on the VAF?

Comment

• Yep. Still doing some thorough driving on it looking for any faults. Currently getting 25mpg!
                              Started on another project the other day. About 3 hours into it.
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ps108e2d51.jpg
                              Jim K.

Comment

• shiny!!!!!!!!!!!
                                WHO DAT SAY GON' BEAT DEM SAINTS, WHO DAT WHO DAT!!!!!!!

THIS IS OUR STATE!! GO DAWGS!!!! MISSISSIPPI STATE FOR LIFE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X