No announcement yet.

I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one bites the dust. This makes #6. 12 year old subs are STILL okay.
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psc81a72ea.jpg
    Jim K.
    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• Did some epic trading yesterday. Got a Infinity Perfect12.1 in a sealed box, MTX 6001 monoblock amp, and an Infinity 4 channel amp. Can't decide whether or not I want to keep running the 8" with the new amp or the single 12". One or the other is going in the Protege.
      Jim K.
      :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• New boomboom.
        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psb9021383.jpg
        Jim K.

Comment

• The Infinity perfect series is pretty nice sounding. Friend had 2 of the 12s and it was crystal clear and loud.
          89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
          92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
          91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
          91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
          "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

• Well, started the car earlier, heard a pop, smelled smoke. Amp shorted and fried the sub. Dammit.
            Jim K.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteDart View Post
              Well, started the car earlier, heard a pop, smelled smoke. Amp shorted and fried the sub. Dammit.
              O.o yikes, you have the worse luck with amps apparently
              1993 Electric Red PGT SOLD
              2013 Ford Focus ST SOLD
              2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

Comment

• Well, heres the temp setup for now until I can find another amp and decent sub. SPL something or other 4ch amp and a wimpy Pioneer 12. Have a lead on a RF 1000w amp and some decent subs that a friend has. I think next summer I want to attempt a fiberglass box. Always wanted to try it.
                http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ps8fd49e49.jpg
                Also, im picking up a good G4 bottom end that I might build as a spare. Just mild S-rods/ Weisco pistons combo. Probably stay with the 10:1 but I might port out some DE heads
                Last edited by WhiteDart; October 9, 2013, 05:38 PM.
                Jim K.

Comment

• Installed the 4 channel Infinity today. Sounds spectacular. Cant wait till I can gather the funds to upgrade the sub and sub amp. Before that though Im going to get a 1/2 DIN 9 band equalizer with 9V pre-outs so I can ditch the headunit all together. For now it will get the job done.
                  http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ps6b244868.jpg
                  Jim K.

Comment

• Headunit is officially out forever. Soundstream EQ is in. And it is freaken awesome! Its mounted somewhat temporarily until I pick up some more dremmel stuff to make it sit more flush. Installed pics tomorrow. Here is a sneak peek.
                    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ps7fe73b46.jpg
                    Jim K.

Comment

• Sooooo how does the new junk sound?!?!

Comment

• Crappy pic. Sound is absolutely fantastic. I wish I would have done it years ago. Def need to work on refining the mounting.
                        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psee89e5d5.jpg

Also pulled my blower motor out to do the yearly leaf cleanout. lol.
                        Jim K.

Comment

• Looks good!!!!

Comment

• Night shot.
                            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psadcf246b.jpg
                            Jim K.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteDart View Post
                              Sweet dude, looks awesome in there

Comment

• I was a little annoyed a few weeks ago when someone made a comment that dumping "tons of money into you car (speaking on car modification as a whole) is pointless." Ive been wracking my brain trying to come up with a dollar amount on how much I have spent on it. I even threw in an extra $500 into the list for "extras" that I cant remember. So far the total, which includes the cost of purchasing the car itself, comes to $4030. Over 10 years. Thats a pretty damn cheap hobby if you ask me.
                                Jim K.

Comment

Working...
                                X