I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are those my old Shogun's?

I still have my built engine I need to get rid of too if your interested in any of it.
    95 Black Probe GT
    Currently being parted out.

Comment

• They are in fact your old Shoguns.
      What would you be asking for just the bottom end of your built motor?
      Jim K.
      :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• The hunt is now on for a pair of TD04-09 (s)
        Jim K.
        :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• It's getting to the point I just need to get rid of it, so like $600.

You can have the whole thing for $900, Missing oil pan, IM and accessories.
          95 Black Probe GT

Comment

• Let me get back to you in about 2 months. Thats very tempting. Any clue on shipping costs?
            Jim K.

Comment

• No idea on shipping, I imagine not too cheap though.

It's possible I will be driving to Knoxville in the spring, I could deliver it for free if that's the case.
              95 Black Probe GT

Comment

• I need to make some serious headway on this project if Im going to get it done in time for the possible PF meet. I refuse to be Probeless at a Probe gathering so I guess absolute worst case scenario Ill just grab another ebay turbo and slap in the old setup temporarily if I dont think I can get it done in time.

In other news, Im almost done with the harness work. Ive shaved off a ton of extra stuff so its starting to finally look nice and neat. I need to track down some kind of heat resistant sleeving next.
                Upgrading the wiring for the alternator, starter, fuse box and battery was started today. Going 4g throughout with some nice new high-strand count cable. Just ordered a bunch of nice terminal ends as well as a power distribution block to keep things tidy.
                Ordered a MHI flange last week which came in on friday. Ill probably run out to my work tomorrow and start chopping some things up and do some test fitting, maybe even get the front turbo mounted. Due to so many clearance concerns, I will probably have to wait until I bring the engine and trans back home to get the rear turbo set up.
                Since the stock turbo on the F2T runs fairly low boost, I will probably adapt a pair of those to the 14Bs. With a 7psi spring in the old EWG and the losses through the intercooler/piping etc I was seeing around 5.5psi at the manifold so I would expect similar results using the 7.3psi F2T actuator.
                Jim K.

Comment

• Look Look! Progress!
                  Okay not a whole lot but at least its something.
                  http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psf6b9a96e.jpg
                  http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psfdf484a4.jpg
                  The cast log will eventually be replaced with a custom tubular housing, as will the o2 housing.
                  Stock filter housing heat shield is positioned nicely. Rotated the cooler housing to get those lines out of the way.
                  http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...psb87f64f4.jpg
                  And yes, it will clear the front trans mount nicely.

Got some 1G wastegates on the way due to their relatively low stock boost. Saves me $70+ apiece over some less reliable china actuators.

So yeah, thats about it for now. Slim chance Ill do some work on the rear setup this week. Need to do some measurements on the car and then pull off the rear mount from the car and bolt it to the trans to address inevitable clearance issues.
                  Jim K.

Comment

• Engine bay wiring is 99% done. I still need heat shield wrapping for the rear portion as a precaution for the anticipated heat from the rear turbo. All the extra wiring add-ons are now blended seamlessly. Got my other turbo flange in today so I might be able to mount the rear turbo this week. If that happens, Ill bring the motor home and begin figuring out the piping.
                    Jim K.

Comment

• Currently stuck until more funding arrives. Until then...
                      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ps3c197cce.jpg
                      Jim K.

Comment

• Enjoyed your pics ! How many sets of wheels do you have for this ? LOL

Comment

• I ran the chrome swirlies until they rotted. Loved the Orange Konigs but they faded to a light peach in less than a year. Then the Shoguns came along...
                          Jim K.

Comment

• I found a set of shoguns last night, if I had money I would have picked them up today
                            97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

• Got some more done tonight.
                              Shiny. Still waiting on the other one to show up. Seller "forgot to send it."
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ps770a0420.jpg

Pan removed to add the rear return bung. Got it all welded up but forgot to take pics.
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ps3198232e.jpg

Oil/ coolant lines for the front turbo. It all wraps nicely behind the turbo so its nearly invisible from the top. Picking up fittings for the rear line tomorrow.
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ps71c61002.jpg

Really pushing to begin engine reinstallation in a week or two. I guess Im going to have to buy a second air filter.
                              Jim K.

Comment

• Lookin really good.

TT setup should be bad ass and more efficient then the single setups. What are you doing about an IC, 2 separate ones, dual in single out, or nothing?
                                95 Black Probe GT

Comment

Working...
                                X