I are bored. My ever changing mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of progress today.
    New amp bolted down. Temporarily at least until the false floor is made.
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0504101939.jpg

New vid camera mount.
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0504102025.jpg
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...504102025a.jpg
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0504102033.jpg
    View from the camera.
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0504102027.jpg

The fuel pressure gauge failure.
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0503101343.jpg

Old amp that went poof.
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0503101632.jpg
    Jim K.
    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Since it has a KS I'm going to ASSume it will pull timing....I don't think this is a the way to go at all though. Hmmmmmmmmm
      89 PGT: Garrett t3, FMIC, MS, 460cc, 2.5"TBE, other stuff, in pieces
      92 Eclipse, 93 Talon, 90 Talon I break parts.
      91 Galant (705/2000) 'grocery getter'
      91 Galant (1346/2000) 'retired'
      "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" -

Comment

lol, if I REALLY wanna pull timing, I could just unplug the knock sensor and put it in limp mode.

I MAY have ulterior motives for testing this setup...

Jim K.
        :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Okay, so im gonna reneg on the boost. If I had a DE I would still be doing it. The ZE's compression and the lack of an intercooler just has me too nervous. If the ZE ever goes away, Ill get a DE and go all out with the TT setup I am still longing to do.

Next projects:
          1st: NEW design rear braces. Its gonna be beefy.
          2nd: False floor with integrated subwoofer and amp enclosures.
          Jim K.

Comment

Wow thats a lot of mods!! Car looks awesome too!

1. Fusion big brakes. Do you like that better than the Mazdaspeed? Only problem with the Mazdaspeed is that we need larger rims I guess.
            2. Millie is Millenia right? Do you like that better than the KLG4 IM with stock bored TB? Looks like the Millenia ECU and MAF only works for 96-97 GT's?

I had no idea you could get rid of vacuum lines!!! More research for me! )
            Last edited by 94PrbGT_Hou; May 13, 2010, 04:39 PM.
            Jeff - 94 Probe GT - 2nd owner - Stock but just getting started, but limited budget
            Todo:HEI mod asap/Install my Injen cold air intake, valve cover gaskets, possibly head gasket
            Planned:G4 IM/Bored TB/High flow cat/Cat back exhaust/17 or 18 inch rims /Mazdaspeed rotors and brakes front/Protege brakes back with e-brake (MTX here)/Sleepy mod/Sensei Body Kit w/hood/Someday would like to switch to ZE

Comment

Thanks. It will prolly never really be done. Just one o those never-ending projects.

The Fusion brakes are the same as the '06+ Mazda 6 and Zypher brakes, which are the biggest one can fit under the stock 16" wheel. I have no desire to lose my chrome swirlies so this is why I went with these. Trust me, if I say these are plenty of brake, they are. I can activate ABS at 80+ down to nearly 0 multiple times without serious fade.
              I have not had any experience with the G4 mani yet. I have driven both straight neck and curve neck (millie) manifoilds and I prefer the bottom end torque of the millie mani. Im all about corners and I cant always keep my rpms high so the millie mani helps out in that department.

You would be surprised what you can remove if you can think like the ECU does.
              Last edited by WhiteDart; May 13, 2010, 08:13 PM.
              Jim K.

Comment

...junkyard DE TT project?

I'm sorry if I had anything to do with the reneging but I can't think of a good way to SC with no EMS or IC. It's a lose lose situation as I see it especially when you add the higher static compression ratio of a ZE. You either go no EMS with an IC and hope timing stays inline, or ditch the IC and hope you can keep the IAT's inline (with the retarded timing that adds heat lol) OR do without either and pray.

I do like a junkyard project though...

Comment

Well, the more I thought about it, more negatives I found. Hell, DYNAMIC compression alone on that motor at 5psi was a little over 13:1. The charger will do 6-7 easy so you can see where that would be going with 130+ intake temps and no timing control. Boom. No bueno. I still want to do this WITHOUT ems, but on a much more forgiving 9.2:1 and intercooled. I still have faith in the millie stuff and I cant just dismiss it without trying it first.
                  Jim K.

Comment

I think you could get away with a TT set up on 5-6psi with only fuel control on a DE with Millie stuff. A good intercooler (or methanol/water injection!) combined with 2 nice sized snails would keep IAT's way down. I really think the Probe community is afraid (for the most part) to try a "large" turbo (which in all other communities is a medium frame). They seem to be so caught up in the "oh, our rods/etc" bs that they're scared. They must not realize that a larger ar hotside will reduce temps, promote better CFM per psi and WON'T affect spool that much. (IMO spool is overrated, transient spool is where it's at) Guys are worrying where a 35r with a .63 4 bolt hotside will spool....JESUS!!! It'll spool just ****ing fine if your tune is anywhere near decent! DSM and even the HONDA guys are running true medium frame (55-62mm) snails on pump all damn day. My thing is you'll never stand out if your scared. Hell I think my 58mm on a 2.3 with BIG cams spools too fast...

Ok I coooouuld continue but I'll stop my ranting lol!

Comment

One day ill do it, one day...

False floor construction begins tomorrow, as long as the weather holds out. Got the carpet and plywood that I need floor itself. Need to come up with some thicker MDF for the sub enclosure so the existing box will have to do for now.
                      STILL looking for some kind of sheet metal to cover the spare tire well once I cut it out.

I have the materials for the bracing to begin but I have to have friend bring it home as it wont fit in the Probe.
                      Last edited by WhiteDart; May 17, 2010, 06:21 PM.
                      Jim K.

Comment

Camera sound test on the new mount...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swNKNVggVkg
                        Last edited by WhiteDart; May 17, 2010, 06:22 PM.
                        Jim K.

Comment

It doesnt look like it but ther is actually a false floor there now about 2 inches taller than the actual floor. This is still just a temp setup until I make the new cross braces as the future box will need to be built around them and the amp will be sunk into to the floor, but that comes after the spare tire well is cut out, a new cover made, and new muffler welded in.
                          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0517101723.jpg
                          I have some old beefy roll bars from a Kawi Mule at work that I will be making the braces with but they wont fit in my car right now. Got a buddy with a pickup bringing them home for me this week. Im shocked no one has done the setup I am planning yet. Hint: Triangles are strong.
                          Last edited by WhiteDart; May 17, 2010, 06:31 PM.
                          Jim K.

Comment

Yes, triangle very strong! Triangle very good!

Comment

VRIS installation sometime this week. I miss my low end torque.
                              Jim K.

Comment

Don't like feeling like a Honda huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X