Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a "new products" flyer and it says on the front...
    Mention the New Products flyer to receive FREE Ground freight (US only) on your next order. Offer expires 12/31/06
    Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi
    1991 PGT ----- 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) ~ 10.6@139mph ----- 1980 MGB

Comment

• The new year is hear and a great time to start looking at your brake pads. The Deal is still on so take full advantage of it. See 1st post this thread for details.
      Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
      MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
      Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

• how are the R4S pads for just a daily-driver SE? if someone could PM me a roundabout price to expect for these, that'd help. (i haven't ever purchased pads, believe it or not - both of my first two cars had them put on just before I got them)...

thanks in advance
        Black 96 Se 2.0 ATX 75k miles

18" wheels, light engine/susp. mods, full audio setup.

Comment

• I use the R4S pads on both my 1g and 2g. They are excellent for daily drivers.
          Jeff (member #1404) 1995 PGT - Reliable stock internal'd 10:1 300+whp ZE-T & highest horsepower of 275whp @ 5psi

Comment

• The price on the main post for Braided Brake lies should be changed. I ordered a set today for my PGT and they were $88, not $80. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by js626lx
              The price on the main post for Braided Brake lies should be changed. I ordered a set today for my PGT and they were $88, not $80. Just saying.
              if you consider how old this thread is, then i wouldn't think that the additional $8 is that much more, is it?

i'll make a note to have stacey take a look at the prices.
              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Crazy idea that it could be $8 additional for shipping since the first post says nothing about the prices including it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmark101
                  if you consider how old this thread is, then i wouldn't think that the additional $8 is that much more, is it?

i'll make a note to have stacey take a look at the prices.

Not complaining, just making a note of the price increase. Also shipping was like $14 so you know.
                  Project Blue Book:: 1996 Probe GT, atx, Boysenberry - Missing Clear Coat MOD.... Phenolic Spacers, Modded Injen CAI, 16mm Sway Bar w/ Moog End links, NGK Plugs and Wires - Lost Cause DD

Comment

• Thanks for the update. Buying brake lines is a one time deal. So I didnt see a need to keep up on pricing changes. But you have to admit this deal has been going on for a long time now and I'm sure there are adjustments to pricing that go along with normal yearly price increases.

Sorry for leaving up the old price.

Oh yeah, anyone reading this thread for the first time.. Please refer to the 1st post for important information regarding, Purchasing.
                    MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                    Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

• Props to Porterfield Customer Service

I gotta give a bump to this thread--porterfield is a good place with whom to do business. I just put in an order with them (I'm upgrading to the R4S pads from the run of the mill parts store pads).

A real person answered the phone on the first ring (when was the last time you had that happen) and was perfectly friendly, efficient, and was totally cool with honoring the discount on PGT pads. Stacey--I made sure to correctly identify myself and made a plug for my order with them being based on their connection/support of the PT community.

Highly recommended.
                      '94 PGT/original owner/149k. How many of you have had over 13 years of fun with your PGT? A sweet restoration is now in progress....
                      '96 PGT as a beater to drive to work while working on my '94

Comment

• Originally posted by Fastest95PGT View Post
                        I installed the Porterfield SS lines on my 1g finally.
                        I had only installed one of the rear SS lines back just over 1.5 years ago. I don't remember why I never did the other side. Anyway, I went driving today and had to slam on the brakes in traffic and pop... no pressure. Amazingly I did not get in an accident. I was about home from work so I babied it the rest of the way with down shifting and the e-brake (gently as necessary). Got home and parked on the street then pumped the brakes a couple times to determine where the fault was at. I'd already replaced both rear lines due to leaking from rot a couple of years ago. I figured for sure it'd be the rubber line since it's a 17 year old car with 154k miles on it now. But to my amazement it ended up being the single rear SS line I'd installed.

I don't necessarily blame the lines, but rather I blame a combination of the design and my installation of them. These SS lines are missing the metal fitting for where they go through the strut and get secured by a brake clip. So instead, I used a couple beefy zip ties which held up quite well for being 1.5 years old. They're still there as a matter of fact when I pulled off the tire. However, the SS line must have wiggled a little over time and looked like it could just barely under the right conditions hit the inner wheel well. Well, enough of that rubbing and the SS shielding finally wore away. This followed by my heavy press caused the line to finally burst.

So let this be a warning for anyone who has these SS lines. Be sure they are secured well away from the body of the car and check them from time to time to make sure they don't wiggle within chaffing range.

Comment

• Its 2009 and Porterfield is still a great place to buy brake pads. Please support these guys as they have continually supported us and me specifically.

Thank you.

Comment

• I just finished ordering a set of R-4S pads for my Mazdaspeed 6. Although the big discounts don't apply to this car I still said I was using the Probe Owners network as a referral in case it made some difference. In any case I still received a small discount either with mentioning the referral or because I've bought pads before directly from them for my 95 PGT. Porterfield FTW.
                            Jin "Time Traveler" Kim
                            chrono@chrono.org
                            http://www.chrono.org
                            '95 PGT own
                            '06 Mazdaspeed 6
                            '13 Evolution GSR
                            '90/'91 PGT owned

Comment

• Oh yeah! the R4S pads/shoes work way better with my drilled rotors/stock system than all the others I've tried over the years. But how do you get the discount? I went to their website & ordered direct. Please advise,as I need to get started on my 95 base conversion for my wife. She's so in love with that probe,she refuses to give up on her,so new engine/SE/GT GE's,here we come...

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

• You have to do as the instructions state at the start of this thread. Give them a jingle on the phone. Porterfield is easy to talk to and they should be able to give you a discount right away vs risking things with an online order. Call them up directly anyway and see if they'll give you a discount even if you've ordered already online. It wouldn't hurt to check.
                                Jin "Time Traveler" Kim
                                chrono@chrono.org
                                http://www.chrono.org
                                '95 PGT own
                                '06 Mazdaspeed 6
                                '13 Evolution GSR
                                '90/'91 PGT owned

Comment

Working...
                                X