Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God idea,have to try it over the phone instead.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

• I just wanted to let you guys know that I ordered the R4S pads for my 1st gen but they were the pads for the Speed6 conversion. They still honored the discount when I told them that I was with the National Probe Owners Network and that the pads were actually going to be put onto my Probe. This will be the second time I've dealt with Porterfield and it will certainly not be the last. Those guys rock.
      Ross Evilsizor
      92' Silver GL MTX 11/18/1991-8/3/2011
      Major Meets: HH 2K5 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 BAMM 2K6 2K7 2K8 2K9 2K10 2K11 MM8 MM9 MMX PPMI Marriage Mayhem 2007 3M 08 Goat's Gettysburg 2010

Comment

• glad to hear it ross!
        ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• The R4S'sI installed on my PSE last summerstill work great. I have noticed that they need to heat up a lil to get maximum braking. But it doesn't take much. It got me out of some sudden-mishaps that the other brands I've tried wouldn't have.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

• wow this is an amazing deal!! and i was wondering if porterfeild had a store somwere in america or canada, cause im looking to do a trip there this upcoming summer when i get my licence and school ends.
            thankx
            91 PLX- "my baby" light weight flywheel, cross drilled rotors, new clutch, K&N filter. (sadly its gone now.... )

94 PSE- my absolute piece of shit, no mods, no exhaust from the downpipe back.

Comment

• ^^^^ you want to take a fielde trip to the brake parts place.

Comment

• I mean they are cool and all but I dont know if I would want to take a trip there

Comment

• Originally posted by illinin09 View Post
                  I mean they are cool and all but I dont know if I would want to take a trip there
                  why not? southern california is beautiful this time of year. it's nice and cool out right now and the ocean drive is awesome.

and yes, porterfield does have a "store". it's also their manufacturing facility.
                  ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

• Ive been thinking of switching over to the R4-S pads as well as stainless lines next year when I replace my rotors but I have 06+ Mazda 6 front brakes. Are those eligible for the discount or do all four pads have to be Probe pads?
                    Jim K.
                    :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

• This deal is for the Ford Probe and Mazda MX-6 only. You can call and see what they say.
                      Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
                      MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
                      Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

• Probe and MX-6 only, I asked when I purchased my pads a couple months ago. If you stated you had upgraded calipers they might work with you there.
                        Last edited by desertfox1313; January 18, 2011, 07:35 PM.
                        Got boost?
                        2003 Mazdaspeed Protege #695
                        Few tweaks but effectively stock. Going over two weeks without repairs... so amazing.

Comment

• Racy-Stacey: I thought I'd thank you for doing all this work to hook all the people up with these brake pads and other such items, I haven't ordered them yet but after all the good reviews that I have read on this thread I will most definitely be ordering the R4-S pads and SS lines.
                          So one again, thank you for what you have done for us.
                          91 PLX- "my baby" light weight flywheel, cross drilled rotors, new clutch, K&N filter. (sadly its gone now.... )

94 PSE- my absolute piece of shit, no mods, no exhaust from the downpipe back.

Comment

• Originally posted by scmorgan View Post
                            Thanks Stacy for working this out. I just ordered mine and the process was very easy. I would also agree that the Porterfield R4-S pad is by far my my favorite. I've used many different pads including the popular KVR (terrible pad!) and have come to the conclusion that the R4-S has the best balance: Great warm bite, reasonable cold bite, low dusting, and good wear.
                            The bite is really strong. I feel like I have a old school cadillac braking system. Ya know where you bearly put any foot pressure down then ***bamm*** your braking! I raced out at California Speedway this past weekend.

game cheat codes

Comment

• N i c e!

N i c e ! !
                              1993 PGT
                              || Klze || Headers || CAI || STS ||
                              || 2.5" Mandrel bend Manaflow exhaust with Test pipe ||
                              || MSP RacingHart 17" Wheels ||

2005 Mazda 6i
                              || Weapon R CAI || 18" ICW Racing wheels||

Comment

• Hmm, I just ordered Front and Rear '07 Mazdaspeed6 Calipers and Sportstop Drilled & Slotted Rotors. I was going to order Hawk HPS pads, I may call them up and see if they can do anything for me.
                                '93 Mazda MX-6 LS: Five AD S5F 18x8.5 +30 & P215/35R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE760's, KW Variant 3 Coilovers, Traction Bars, South Bend Stage 2 Daily Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Corksport Stainless Braided Clutch Line, '07 Mazdaspeed6 F+R Brakes, Power Slot Rotors, Hawk HPS, Goodridge SS Brake Hoses, Pacesetter Headers, Test Pipe, Borla Catback, Outlaw Spacer Kit, EGR Block-Off, PRD STS, UHMWP Shifter Bushings, Trans Saver, PRM CAI, RedLineGoods Shift Boot

Comment

Working...
                                X